JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone around here done such a thing? I'm curious about being able to help out some needy folks with some fresh meat. Though I have to admit I'm dubious about any agency of the state or city taking meat not processed according to some set of draconian rules-of-oversight.

Donating your kill, pretty much ends any argument that you hunt for ethical reasons, to feed the family, etc...it just means you want to kill an animal.

So be it, I just wish you guys would own up to your intentions.

My intentions were to help a land owner control his deer population. I did just that. When my freezer was full i helped out the local community and the farmer. Deer are very plentiful in the southeast. You can legally kill/harvest/take 3 a DAY in some places. I rather get one with my Ruger than with my Nissan.

I donated my bear to charity a few years back. I always bought a bear tag "just in case", and I ended up getting one during deer season. I don't like bear meat, so I donated at the butcher shop I used to go to. I don't know if they all do that, but that one did. That was a lot of work for an expensive rug, so I stopped buying bear tags after that.

Two years ago I donated my deer to an unemployed friend in need. I wasn't around to butcher it, but four guys from my hunting party donated their time to butcher it up for him.

I feel nothing but joy knowing that I helped people out in need. I got to spend time out in the woods hunting, and the meat ended up going to two very good causes. Both were win win situations in my opinion.

Happy Holidays Everyone!!

I think this is a great idea and have encouraged other to do this. For those who really like to hunt, but cannot possibly eat all of the animals they kill (meat in the freezer only keeps so long), this is a great way to not waste their successes!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top