JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just get a castle nut wrench, it's should come right off

I have a inexpensive Wheeler combination tool and the castle nut wrench is worthless. I did not pay that much for it years ago but I just ordered a single purpose castle nut wrench from ebay.

It is SOP stake the receiver end plate in two place per TM 9-1005-319-23&P, that is the specific reason for the smaller notches toward the receiver. Gluing, soldering, Loc-Tite, etc. is BS and no legit manufacturer would do it. Simply apply the necessary force to break the stake job, either file and cold blue the RE plate or take this opportunity to install a nice QD RE end plate, install the LAW per directions and re-stake the plate with a center punch.
L lol I'm not a legit manufacturer lol I'm building them at my table in my bed room .and they are not for sale .LOL

Yep from the picture it just looks like he should be able to torque it off I don't have any castle nuts that have the extra notch . like you said I could and have used lock tight.but I did use a dab if glue on one .
It works and I was able to break it free with a little pressure.

Then they are not per spec, personally, I would not use them and there is no reason to.
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...e/ar6721-receiver-extention-nut-prod4874.aspx
Castle Nut - SIONICS Weapon Systems
Receiver Extension Nut (Castle Nut)

If you want an upgrade FCD makes a fancy one (QD RE plate, too).
CNF (Castle Nut, Forward Controls)

The one problem I did find out that buying some stuff on eBay you don't know what it is.
I have bought buffer tubes .
That where garbage .
Try to tight them down and they strip .it's a good idea to stick with name brand Stuff . even if it's a little bit more exspesive

It is SOP stake the receiver end plate in two place per TM 9-1005-319-23&P, that is the specific reason for the smaller notches toward the receiver. Gluing, soldering, Loc-Tite, etc. is BS and no legit manufacturer would do it. Simply apply the necessary force to break the stake job, either file and cold blue the RE plate or take this opportunity to install a nice QD RE end plate, install the LAW per directions and re-stake the plate with a center punch.

It a staked castle nut and they all are if they building military spec AR15s. Saw a YouTube video on this.

Basically this gun im building is going to be just a gun no red dot nothing fancy except the folder and Detatch barrel .basic stuff BCM TRIGGER just something I can put in a backpack or bag in the truck of my car with a few mags .
And good to go .

Lol KINDA a SHTF GUN .
Have it with me on road trip or something like that.and if I find myself in a bad situation.just grab the bag .run a duck into a corner some where put it together and come out FIGHTING .
Lol

Got 10.5 inch barrel and a blade pistol stock JP enterprises front sight and gas block kak buffer tube and everything is else is mil spec pretty much

IMG_20180720_171928.jpg

The one problem I did find out that buying some stuff on eBay you don't know what it is.
I have bought buffer tubes .
That where garbage .
Try to tight them down and they strip .it's a good idea to stick with name brand Stuff . even if it's a little bit more exspesive

The only carbine receiver extension I'll buy any more are A5's from BCM, Magpul or Vltor.

I have my other gun with a 10.5 barrel and a folder stock SB TACTICAL PISTOL BRACE.
and it's pretty awesome I took it out a few weeks ago with Andy and ran it a lot . probably 10 mags through it didn't have a PROBLEM
And we were shooting at Targets from 25 yards to 65 yards .just goofing around IMG_20180629_125618.jpg IMG_20180629_125614.jpg IMG_20180629_125718.jpg

Lol I have a few AR RIFLES .
I built all except one .
Lol KINDA got addicted to it after the first one lol .
And I have three in the works now IMG_20180417_163803.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads