JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A3T sells a 2 hole folding hinge that can be turned into a stock or a pistol brace but I'm not sure how I would attach that to an AK.

Are there any other companies out there that sell folding braces that can be later converted into stocks? Especially something that could be attached to the back of an AK better than the picatinny.

I think eventually the ATF is going to stop worrying about tax stamps on a lot of the lesser items.

Robert Tabbs needs to be fired.

There are a few, the one you mention is one system.

USmachineGun has an adapter and folding hinge kit I have this on my M85, works very well.

SB tactical has an adapter and folding hinge kit, Id strongly suggest buying an RFT locking plate for the SB adapter mount
(I used this on my M92). Mounted on the SB adapter is a Thordsen Customs Cheek devise or whatever they call it.

Lastly on my Draco SBR Ive drilled and tapped for the ACE style of mount with a folding hinge and triangle stock.

I guess it comes down to what type of trunnion/rear receiver you have. Is it the new type with the single mounting hole in the back? Is it a flush design requiring drilling, if so, Id suggest perhaps a non drilling mount option..

KAK shockwave blade now uses what looks to be standard carbine buffer tubes with their gen 2 blades. I have their gen 2 (version 1) tube that was truly proprietary which I liked more as normal stocks cannot be readily used.. but now they've switched.
Id assume any buffer tube system would be the way to go since you can unstake and unscrew the tube and swap with a standard tube if you choose to SBR or if the ATF does away with SBR restrictions (highly doubt it).

What kind of set up are you looking for?

Also, for any of the ATF agents reading this: OP, Always follow the law, never attempt to break the law. If you plan on using a stock, file SBR paperwork with the ATF first to remain on the legal side of things. Do not break the law.

I was really hoping for something where you can change the butt plate out between a brace or a normal stock.

I like the extendable braces and stocks, but I feel like it's silly to put a buffer tube on an AK since it's designed to accommodate an unfortunate extrusion from an AR.

Last Edited:
Something to consider is that the brace will soon have the same legal status as a stock, so if it was me I wouldn't put a lot of effort into gaining the ability to switch between the two.

Some regulations are binding laws and violations can be charged as violations of the underlying statute. It depends whether the regulation was validly promulgated under the APA procedures.

Sorry if it's a downer, but if you're asking how to make a stock for a pistol then stating it'll "probably be okay because they'll eventually stop caring", it sets a bad example for firearm owners on a public forum. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, in that case I apologize.

As for method of attachment, sometimes a rear picatinny section can be attached via careful drilling and tapping. Sometimes it's almost impossible without changing the rear trunnion.

Thank you, Clan Hanson. Your concern is unanimously appreciated. This thread is intended to find a pistol-brace solution that easily converts into a stock after paperwork. It's apparent that I'm intending to buy the SBA3 -- a pistol brace. I don't intend to put a stock on it until it's legal to do so.

Whereas the SBA3 is a pistol brace, and whereas the SBA3 slides onto a buffer tube -- it's exceptionally easy to replace with a stock. I'm putting money down as a show of belief in a particular future -- like buying stock in a company. I'm betting that by the time I want to actually put the stock on this the SBR laws will change to something a lot more lacks than what they're parading at the moment. I think the lift of the assault weapons ban in California is kind of the keynote for the next couple of years despite the democrat president we have.

Anyways, what are people's experiences with quad-rail picatinny handguards? I'm looking for one for a Sam7k-34 (has a shorty 5" handguard). I'm hoping for something that isn't too loose or too expensive.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads