JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Assault pistol (Obama/Holder definition) Any semi-automatic pistol and any pistol that holds more then 10 rounds in it. Anybody bother to read the proposed new assault weapons ban? It's vague enough to include pistols in it.

They are trying to condition the public that pistols are assault weapons with out a doubt. If they succeed and manage to get a new assault weapons ban passed kiss them good bye.

wait a minute guys, u aren't seeing the positive side to this. weapon bans are supposed to go against weapons they consider as not intended for hunting, but for "assaults". So if they are going to say it is used for big game hunting, well then it can be classified as a hunting weapon. lol. God... sometimes i really hate the people in this country (no one on here ofcourse)

So, NK, that means I own a whole bunch of "assault pistols",, AND that the ONLY two I'd even consider in the running for a "bear killer" are not "assault pistols" (A Ruger SRH in .44, 9" barrel, and a Kimber 1911 in .45 ACP)

ALL my BHP's, my Springfield XD 9, two S&W .40's, would either be banned, or I'd have to hide the >10 round mags and only have tens lying about for the coppers to see. Pretty insane, that.......

fingolfen...you are correct. It is called mass phsycology. You tell a big enough lie enough times and people will believe it. It already happened with the Clinton administration with the phrase "assualt rifle". By US government military definition...an assualt rifle is difined as a medium caliber "selective fire" shoulder held rifle. A semi automatic version of any "assualt rifle" by definition is NOT an assualt rifle. Look how many years we heard that phrase with the "Assult weapon" ban. Another example...."Crack Coacaine". Crack and Coacaine are two different drugs. Coacaine comes from the Coaca plant grown at 3,000 ft above sea level. Crack is a synthetic man made drug with a simular molecular structure as Coacaine but some of the elements are changed or not there. So... when anybody gets busted for either Crack or Coacaine...the news always says in a single phrase...Johnny got bust with crack coacaine. Now we are hearing a media blitz about health care. It is all a big brother scam.......

what I don't understand is why they would reference big game instead of telling it how it is.

The 5.7 x 28 round was designed for close quarters combat with the specific intent of penetrating body armor. That should be more frightening to the readers of the article than some obscure big game reference.

they should put that LAPD officer in a cage with a Grizzly, and arm him with an FN Five-seveN.
He'd change his mind pretty fast!

I like the quote "you use it on large lions, tigers and bears"

What do you use on small lions?

they should put that LAPD officer in a cage with a Grizzly, and arm him with an FN Five-seveN.

Oh, Sir Brit, that should be OBvious. The smaller ones surely would be easily despatched with the common .22 LR target pistol.... which any gun dealer would have on hand for three, perhaps (for a GOOD one) four hundred.

As to confining our Hero Spokesman in close quarters with his "large lion" and armed with the five seven..... I rather expect he'd be CHANGING his mind right quick.. simply because he'd have LOST it rather quickly and be in want of another to replace it......

Oh, Sir Brit, that should be OBvious. The smaller ones surely would be easily despatched with the common .22 LR target pistol.... which any gun dealer would have on hand for three, perhaps (for a GOOD one) four hundred.

As to confining our Hero Spokesman in close quarters with his "large lion" and armed with the five seven..... I rather expect he'd be CHANGING his mind right quick.. simply because he'd have LOST it rather quickly and be in want of another to replace it......

ah yes - the deadly hollow point .22LR - everyone knows that HP rounds are designed to inflict maximum carnage to the human body. :rolleyes:

ah yes - the deadly hollow point .22LR - everyone knows that HP rounds are designed to inflict maximum carnage to the human body. :rolleyes:

And one more terribly fun titbit:

statistics reveal that more people are killed or wounded with the deadly .22 LR than with ALL OTHER CALIBRES COMBINED.

That must be why the venerable Ruger 10/22 bears the designation "assault rifle" in places such as Kalifornia.......

and the Ruger .22/45 is surely an "assault pistol", right?

And one more terribly fun titbit:

statistics reveal that more people are killed or wounded with the deadly .22 LR than with ALL OTHER CALIBRES COMBINED.
Actually that's true IMHO only because criminals are to ignorant and cheap to buy a real caliber. Or maybe they just can't hit anything if the gun recoils at all.

This article is so bad....
"And in October, police found dozens of casings sprayed from high-caliber weapons at the scene of a homicide on Sherman Way in North Hollywood, where gunmen wore ballistic body armor, Moore said.

Having body armor is going to be outlawed as well...

"But the unusual weapon choice propelled local and federal officials to search for suppliers of these high-caliber magazines and assault weapons."

Dangnabbit those high-caliber magazines....I thought they were in a bunch in Kommiefornia for high-capacity magazines...

mountainBear...I know it is not the animals fault...I was just trying to crack a funny and be sarcastic. What is really stupid is that they are making a big deal about a hand gun that can defeat body armor when all you need is a cross bow or a compound bow with a broad head tip and it will go through a vest like butter. :s0001:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top