JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would like to know if there is any connection between flouride and diabetes. I question if the rise in diabetes isnt tied to man made solutions such as this, diabetes simply being a side effect.

James Ruby

I don't know what to believe about Fluoride. But I do know there is a 'connection' between it and Alzheimers disease.
I use a 3 gallon Berkey water filter. It cost about $250 and removes everything leaving clean pure water. Its non-electric and can be used for emergencies where no clean water is available. The inner filters last 5 years so its cheaper than bottled water. Even if I just wanted good clean water for the taste this is the way to go, and I also get the removal of questionable ingrediants.
This is one of those issues where there will never be a conclusive answer, so instead of spinning your wheels get a Fuoride filter of some kind and the rest of you who think its OK keep drinking it.

While I realize You can't believe everything on the internet, how is one able to discern between the truth and untruth ? For some it is easier to trust that the Government has their health and welfare covered :s0131: This seems unwise to me. We seem to have a strange situation where the owner of a fast food chain is scrutinized by the media more than are Politicians :huh:
I hope you folks in the Portland area get educated on this matter and act accordingly.

<broken link removed>

I would prefer my water non-medicated and if I feel I need more fluoride I will handle it myself and leave the rest to make their own choice.

I grew up on the east coast, with fluoride in the water. After moving here as an adult, the dentist and hygienist both separately took a peek inside my mouth and said "you aren't from here are you". I was so proud of my fancy east coast teeth after that visit that a coworker piped up "give it a few years". Few years later, my first two cavities.

Yes, I want fluoride in the water. I've looked for effective ways to add it myself, but haven't found anything.

PS: Are you F'ing NUTS! of course you are. Ask your dentist. Tell us where you "heard" this crap,.

Don't aske your dentist because most likely he will not know any better than the garbage that the ADA is feeding them.
I will say this much - no nations are more health aware than the Scandinavian countries. Following their lead Europe has quit putting flouride in their water.

It does not matter whether flouride has all the benefits claimed by it advocates and non of the drawbacks claimed by it opponents. It simply comes down to the simple principle that the government has no right to forcefully medicate its citizens.

My brother in law is a dentist in Montana. He is totally for it. He also says 80% of his colleagues are as well. I grew up here and took flouride in PPS everyday. We also used the red colored ACT as a kid. My teeth are pretty good. I attribute it to using the flouride AND once a year cleanings. I am all for it.

And Europe DOES in fact use it. Just not in their water. Theirs is in the table salt.

I grew up on the east coast, with fluoride in the water. After moving here as an adult, the dentist and hygienist both separately took a peek inside my mouth and said "you aren't from here are you". I was so proud of my fancy east coast teeth after that visit that a coworker piped up "give it a few years". Few years later, my first two cavities.

Yes, I want fluoride in the water. I've looked for effective ways to add it myself, but haven't found anything.

Again.....50 Reasons to Oppose Fluoridation

Fluoride may damage the brain. According to the National Research Council (2006), "it is apparent that fluorides have the ability to interfere with the functions of the brain." In a review of the literature commissioned by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), fluoride has been listed among about 100 chemicals for which there is "substantial evidence of developmental neurotoxicity." Animal experiments show that fluoride accumulates in the brain and alters mental behavior in a manner consistent with a neurotoxic agent (Mullenix 1995). In total, there have now been over 100 animal experiments showing that fluoride can damage the brain and impact learning and behavior. According to fluoridation proponents, these animal studies can be ignored because high doses were used. However, it is important to note that it takes 5-20 times more fluoride to reach the same plasma levels in rats as reached in humans (Sawan 2010). In fact, one animal experiment found effects at remarkably low doses (Varner 1998). In this study, rats fed for one year with 1 ppm fluoride in their water (the same level used in fluoridation programs), using either sodium fluoride or aluminum fluoride, had morphological changes to their kidneys and brains, an increased uptake of aluminum in the brain, and the formation of beta-amyloid deposits which are associated with Alzheimer's disease. Other animal studies have found effects on the brain at water fluoride levels as low as 5 ppm (Liu 2010).(For a complete listing of these studies.

Fluoride may lower IQ.
There have now been 24 studies from China, Iran, India and Mexico that have reported an association between fluoride exposure and reduced IQ. One of these studies (Lin Fa-Fu 1991) indicates that even just moderate levels of fluoride exposure (e.g., 0.9 ppm in the water) can exacerbate the neurological defects of iodine deficiency. In the absence of iodine deficiency, another research team (Xiang 2003a,b) estimated that fluoride may lower IQ at 1.9 ppm, while a recent preliminary study (Ding 2011) found a lowering of IQ in children drinking water at levels ranging from 0.3 to 3 ppm. The authors of this latter study reported that for each increase of 1 ppm fluoride measured in the urine there was a loss of 0.59 IQ points. None of these studies indicates an adequate margin of safety to protect all children drinking artificially fluoridated water from this affect. According to the National Research Council (2006), "the consistency of the results [in fluoride/IQ studies] appears significant enough to warrant additional research on the effects of fluoride on intelligence." Except for an early and small IQ study from New Zealand (Shannon et al., 1986) no fluoridating country has investigated the matter for themselves.

And then there's this from the American Dental Hygienist's Association......

ADHA - Fluoride Facts

"Consumption of fluids--water, soft drinks, and juice--accounts for approximately 75 percent of fluoride intake in the United States."

So it's not just the tap water you have to worry about. They're poisoning you with everything.

Call me crazy, but I just dont trust the governent to put chemicals in my drinking water. Im sure the government has my best interest in mind:rolleyes: but I dont trust anyone to drug up my water, no matter what they tell me it is for. Why dont they just go ahead and put a multi vitamin in water also, and maybe add a little more flavor also, why stop at flouride?

Some people get a warm and fuzzy feeling inside thinking about how much the government cares about their dental wellness.

What about chlorine?

Can you guys tell me if this is correct?

It will cost us $5,000,000 to implement and a 1/2 million dollars a year to continue.

My mom (91 years old) has dentures...is anyone saying she needs fluoride?

My son had fluoride treatments. (teeth coated with it) You saying he needs fluoride in his water too?

I will go get my teeth coated with the stuff again if I want it.

My wife grew up without fluoride, never had the treatments like I did (small town girl, another part of the country) and still has no cavities as she continually reminds me.....b-word. (kidding, she's great AND has no cavities)

So what the pro fluoride people are saying is that we should pay 5 million bucks plus an extra $500,000 annually to be forced to consume a potential poison (ok, it's really an actual poison which also helps the teeth). What would be wrong with leaving the water pure and alone, and those who want to pay for it just go get their own teeth coated with it at the dentist, an easy and common practice, and also pay a bit of a premium so that we could coat the poor folks teeth for free too? Then the water stays as just water (and some chlorine stuff to prevent dysentery and cholera) ? We take the $5,000,000 we would have flushed and all go on a vacation where it's cool? Or we buy $5 million dollars of ice cubes for everyone as it's a hundred degrees or so today? All that would be left would be great memories, strong teeth and pure water.

How does that idea stack up with the dentists and pro-fluoride folks?

This is an easy one for me. With thousands of scientific, peer reviewed articles in support of the effects of adjusting the fluoride in the water supply to optimal levels along with 60 years of overwhelming scientific and real-life evidence I hope that fluoride is added to our water as soon as possible. I'm also a big fan of the cost savings associated with fluoridation since the decrease in tooth decay will save people on their dental bills for the rest of their lives. Unfortunately I think many well intentioned folks get bamboozled by junk science just because it helps them justify or maintain their anti-government attitudes.

Unfortunately I think many well intentioned folks get bamboozled by junk science just because it helps them justify or maintain their anti-government attitudes.
It would seem you have a adequate supply of Koolaid, I do hope you come up for air soon and read some of the links in the previous posts, it is important that you UNDERSTAND both sides of this issue.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews