JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, I want fluoride in the water. I've looked for effective ways to add it myself, but haven't found anything.
5) There are better ways of delivering fluoride than adding it to water. By adding fluoride to everyone's tap water, many infants and other at-risk populations will be put in harm's way. This is not only wrong, it is unnecessary. As western Europe has demonstrated, there are many equally effective and less-intrusive ways of delivering fluoride to people who actually want it. For example:

A) Topical fluoride products such as toothpaste and mouthrinses (which come with explicit instructions not to swallow) are readily available at all grocery stores and pharmacies. Thus, for those individuals who wish to use fluoride, it is very easy to find and very inexpensive to buy.

B) If there is concern that some people in the community cannot afford to purchase fluoride toothpaste (a family-size tube of toothpaste costs as little as $2 to $3), the money saved by not fluoridating the water can be spent subsidizing topical fluoride products (or non-fluoride alternatives) for those families in need.

C) The vast majority of fluoride added to water supplies is wasted, since over 99% of tap water is not actually consumed by a human being. It is used instead to wash cars, water the lawn, wash dishes, flush toilets, etc.

6) Ingestion of fluoride has little benefit, but many risks. Whereas fluoride's benefits come from topical contact with teeth, its risks to health (which involve many more tissues than the teeth) result from being swallowed.

Should fluoridation be mandatory or a choice ? Should Governments be able to medicate are water ? Should lithium be added to Portland's water to quiet the Occupy Movement ?

This is the most clever delivery method available. Remember, these same people convinced generations of Americans to cut up their sons genetalia shortly after birth. When you can convince an entire country to do something so criminally insane to their sons, well that is some seeeeerious power to control Americans minds, perceptions, and actions.

While I was ready to pass this off as simple jewhate, I have 2 family members who have personally seen the extreme consequences of infections that can be eliminated with circumcision. I understand that nowadays antibotics can be an alternative, I'm just saying that calling traditional circumcision a freakish plot is outright BS.

This is an easy one for me. With thousands of scientific, peer reviewed articles in support of the effects of adjusting the fluoride in the water supply to optimal levels along with 60 years of overwhelming scientific and real-life evidence I hope that fluoride is added to our water as soon as possible. I'm also a big fan of the cost savings associated with fluoridation since the decrease in tooth decay will save people on their dental bills for the rest of their lives. Unfortunately I think many well intentioned folks get bamboozled by junk science just because it helps them justify or maintain their anti-government attitudes.

AMEN. Best post in the thread.

Kind of ironic that one poster said this was a liberal conspiracy but it's always the conservative, anti-government, "they are intentionally poisoning us" crew that get's their panties in a wad about this.

I think it's also funny (not in the ha ha way) that city/tap water is bad but by golly I will go buy cases and cases of bottled water that come from springs that have all kinds of minerals and what not in them. Are they poison as well? Not only that but some "spring" water is city tap water.

Why is it this water flouridation issue is a big deal but some are for environmental deregulation such that the least of anyone's worries would be flouride in the water?

How many of the anti-flouridation folks live off well water? Personally, I'd rather deal with flouridated water than have to worry about coliforms in my well.

Whether you believe in man-made science with it's agendas or not (I don't), forcing the population to accept medication via their water supply is beyond wrong on so many levels. If you guys want it, go to the dentist and pay for it. Don't force the rest of us to drink your poisons.

Whether you believe in man-made science with it's agendas or not (I don't), forcing the population to accept medication via their water supply is beyond wrong on so many levels. If you guys want it, go to the dentist and pay for it. Don't force the rest of us to drink your poisons.

Flouride is neither a medication or poison. Good grief but that is just plain wacky. There are things in burger and meat that are much worse than flouride in water.

Flouride is neither a medication or poison. Good grief but that is just plain wacky.
Perhaps you should spend some time and better educate yourself regarding this matter.
There is a reason why most of Europe and the Scandinavian countries have stopped fluoridating their water.
You Can call it junk science if you wish but facts are facts and BS is still BS.

Perhaps you should spend some time and better educate yourself regarding this matter.
There is a reason why most of Europe and the Scandinavian countries have stopped fluoridating their water.
You Can call it junk science if you wish but facts are facts and BS is still BS.

Facts are facts and BS is BS but you'll put your bet on junk science? Did you ever think that the junk science you are so enamoured with is BS?

Did you ever think that the junk science you are so enamoured with is BS?
Yes.
I can not think of any gain for those that oppose fluoridation of our drinking water, only that it may be a conspiracy by dentists to get more business :D

Meh.. I don't care either way. I would be curious to know how many of those opposed to fluoridating are smokers and drinkers. I'm willing to assume some of them are and it just makes me roll my eyes when people cry about getting "poisoned" when they eagerly consume toxins on a daily basis. Or on a smaller scale, has the opposition filtered out all toxins from their daily routines? Doubtful. Maybe it's the principle of the matter then? Is it just a matter of being able to choose when and how you toxify your body? I guess shaking your fist at the big bad government is a hobby of sorts. Maybe Joe should make a web forum for that too! :s0155:

Unlike the majority of people here, I have spent more than a decade working for a very large water system. Fluoride is a pain in the azz. It requires more monitoring than chlorine and has considerable expense associated with installing the equipment.

It is not and has never been part of a nazi program or communist plot. If you think crap like that, you have been wearing a hat that is far to tight since early childhood.

People who hate everything, hate fluoride. 99.999% of water is not used for personal consumption, so nearly all of your product is pouring into the toilet or the lawn anyway.

Brush, floss and use good toothpaste and your teeth will be fine. For every person who wants fluoride, there are fringe goofs from the left and right convinced it is part of a plot from somewhere.

Maybe it's the principle of the matter then? Is it just a matter of being able to choose when and how you toxify your body?
That is exactly the point. Girls can call themselves fat but once anyone says anything even close you better be running. Fresh salmon/steelhead out of the Columbia or Willamette contain high levels of mercury which is a poison also. Just because i choose to fish and eat my fresh catch, should that mean the government can force a poison on me? It is my life and I will choose what goes in or out. Just because someone smokes or drinks doesn't mean they care less for their well being. What if it wasn't fluoride they were putting in the water and it was mercury, lead, drugs or something else? I decide what is best for me, not others, regardless of what they, or anyone else believes; because the only thing it effects is me.

p.s. In school they use to "force" us to eat fluoride tablets in school. It always made me feel sick afterwards so started to act like i took it and just throw it away when the teacher wasn't looking.

Meh.. I don't care either way. I would be curious to know how many of those opposed to fluoridating are smokers and drinkers. I'm willing to assume some of them are and it just makes me roll my eyes when people cry about getting "poisoned" when they eagerly consume toxins on a daily basis. Or on a smaller scale, has the opposition filtered out all toxins from their daily routines? Doubtful. Maybe it's the principle of the matter then? Is it just a matter of being able to choose when and how you toxify your body? I guess shaking your fist at the big bad government is a hobby of sorts. Maybe Joe should make a web forum for that too! :s0155:

There is a big difference there, chief. The difference being that when I light up or drink up I'm chosing to place those chemicals in my body. Here is a case where the government says they know what is best for you and is putting extra stuff in it without your consent.

While I was ready to pass this off as simple jewhate, I have 2 family members who have personally seen the extreme consequences of infections that can be eliminated with circumcision. I understand that nowadays antibotics can be an alternative, I'm just saying that calling traditional circumcision a freakish plot is outright BS.

And yet millions of men in Europe don't have a problem and haven't been 'trimmed'.
Keeping things clean does wonders when it comes to preventing infections.

This is an easy one for me. With thousands of scientific, peer reviewed articles in support of the effects of adjusting the fluoride in the water supply to optimal levels along with 60 years of overwhelming scientific and real-life evidence I hope that fluoride is added to our water as soon as possible. I'm also a big fan of the cost savings associated with fluoridation since the decrease in tooth decay will save people on their dental bills for the rest of their lives. Unfortunately I think many well intentioned folks get bamboozled by junk science just because it helps them justify or maintain their anti-government attitudes.

And what gives you the right to impose what you want for yourself on others?
Again it boils down to whether people are free to make their own decisions or not.

No, you are incorrect, Circumcision is sexual assault against an innocent child. There is ZERO medical basis for it. Many doctors refuse to do the procedure. The USA was the only country to widely adopt circumcsion of infants. It was always a crazy notion to Europeans, cuttng up the natural genitalia of a child is a sick, perverted, disgusting practice that is best left to stone age desert tribes. Congratulations on taking an indefensible position.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top