JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do they drain the batteries like the Cree ones do? I liked them and their brightness but them draining the battery when off kind of killed it for them.

I think you are referring to the first generation of the 3 AAA cree lights. They had a "low battery sensor" that would make the button glow red if the batteries were low - the power level check circuit did drain batteries over a week or two. They did away with that when they went from 150 lumen to 180 iirc.

Someone mentioned that the old Techlite ones look the same as the new duracell ones costco is selling - pretty much the same but they did away with the scalloped semi sharp edge around the lens and bumped it up to 250 lumen.

I stumbled into LED flashlights when I returned a useless Xmas present to The Big 5 and used the refund to buy a Nebo Tac-180. http://www.amazon.com/Nebo-5587-Strong-Tac-180-Flashlight/dp/B005FRUX28. This light has an unknown LED, but sends a beam of light well beyond my useful vision. It uses 3 AA cells. I've owned it for almost 2 years and the original cells were still going strong when I changed them yesterday to 3 Energizer Ultimate Lithium's. With a 10 year shelf life, and intermittent use, it will likely be years before I need to change cells again.

I then decided I needed a gun light and knowing little about LED lights and on a limited budget, I ordered a Ultrafire SA9 http://www.ebay.com/itm/141123104349?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 on eBay. It has a 1" body and with a QD scope mount it attaches/detaches quickly to/from my rifle. This light has a Cree Q5 LED and sends a beam well out to 200' and beyond. It is focusable and make a very good gun light IMO. It uses 3 AAA cells. Using 3 cheap Sunbeam AAA cells, it ran an hour before starting to dim and ran down to a point I would consider it useless in ~ 1-1/2 hours. It now has Energizer Ultimate Lithium's AAA installed and I expect much longer run times as well as long shelf life. I like this light so well that I just ordered another one with a Cree XM-L T6 LED that should be here today or tomorrow. The new one will be my EDC light.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top