JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@AndyinEverson
You probably know this better than anyone .
When people that are not really gun people.
Come to the gun range and start asking questions.and start to learn about guns .
It really opens there eyes and minds.
I have seen you talk to a group about old guns and historical guns and they leave thinking different.

It's the close minded that just say no and don't take the time to learn something.

I can tell you this my neice .
Somebody is teaching her anti gun stuff I don't know if it's at school or online or what but she comes up with some stupid stuff.
I have to explain stuff to her .
Every once in a while.
And the other day she was at my house after we went to the range.
And I was cleaning my guns

She say to me hey Uncle if I get killed by a gun .
I'm going to haunt you.
I don't know where that came from .

In case no one has seen a National Muzzleloading Rifle Association sticker...

It does have two crossed "Kentucky Rifles" over a powder horn and shooting bag...not to forget the word "rifle" in it...

I am sounding picky here...'Cause I have caught sh!t for displaying my firearm pride with this sticker on my truck before...that said... it won't cause me to take it off either.

And with that said..it is strange how some folks view firearms...I can tell you that it is true , that there is world of difference at times , in how some people react , when folks see me with muzzleoading rifle versus a more modern rifle , when say hunting or shooting.
Andy
If the pic was of those "evil Black Rifles" that jump up and kill people all the time many would I am sure be far more adamant that they were "bad" :)
After all the most famous line gun grabbers have always used is something along the lines of "we don't want to take your sporting arms", we only want "common sense" laws. Like no one "needs" those "military arms" that are only made for war. Of course the rubes who fall for this line are digging their own grave when they go along with this garbage.

I can tell you this my neice .
Somebody is teaching her anti gun stuff I don't know if it's at school or online or what but she comes up with some stupid stuff.
I have to explain stuff to her .
Every once in a while.
And the other day she was at my house after we went to the range.
And I was cleaning my guns

She say to me hey Uncle if I get killed by a gun .
I'm going to haunt you.
I don't know where that came from .

Sadly all around her. School, TV, movies, Social Media. Poor kid is bombarded with "all guns are bad" crap at every turn these days.

@AndyinEverson
You probably know this better than anyone .
When people that are not really gun people.
Come to the gun range and start asking questions.and start to learn about guns .
It really opens there eyes and minds.
I have seen you talk to a group about old guns and historical guns and they leave thinking different.

It's the close minded that just say no and don't take the time to learn something.

Thank you...and true words of wisdom there in your last sentence 'bout being closed mined and not taking the time to learn...

My last display at the Museum of the Mountain Man in Pinedale Wyoming...we had a husband and wife check out our display...the husband was all over all the guns and stuff and his wife was kinda hanging back and quiet...
I asked her if she wanted to see something or had a question...her reply was : "No..guns are my husband's thing...I think that they are dangerous."
I said: "Okay...I'll check back with you in a bit..."
After about 30-45 minutes of the husband , looking at and handling items along with other folks doing the same...
I went back to the wife...and said :
"I'm not asking this to be a smartazz , but...Here you have been for over a half hour , around guns , sharp knives , arrows , gun powder etc...All with folks , handling them , did anyone get hurt , or did you feel in danger...?"

After a minute or two of thinking , here reply as best as I can recall :
"Well , no ..but everyone here checked the gun , to see if it was loaded and handled it safely...The same with the knives and arrows..."
I then stated that most gun owners are very safe around their guns and do not want anyone to be hurt when around them.

What was cool , at least for me , was that she did actually hold a gun and really seemed both comfortable and interested in the history behind the gun....Did I change a mind...no ...but hopefully that positive experience grows and causes her to think better of guns and gun owners in the future.
Andy

Sadly all around her. School, TV, movies, Social Media. Poor kid is bombarded with "all guns are bad" crap at every turn these days.
Yep but she is smart probably too smart .
Her brother is just the opposite.
And they go to the same high school.
And she didn't used to be that way .
She used to like .
Shooting bb gun and Bow and Arrow
But sense high school she has been getting information from someone .or somewhere. IMAG0158.jpg IMAG0728.jpg IMAG0097.jpg

What was cool , at least for me , was that she did actually hold a gun and really seemed both comfortable and interested in the history behind the gun....Did I change a mind...no ...but hopefully that positive experience grows and causes her to think better of guns and gun owners in the future.
Andy

Well baby steps. You got her to at least hold a gun. With that and her other half liking them she may go further later. Her husband, if he wants her to learn, should also let her seen news reports of women who become victims while un armed. Sure worked with Wife when I wanted her to carry and she felt it was "not needed"

Lol funny thing happened last month though.
It was her birthday so I said come over I got you gift .
Well I just gave her a card and 50 bucks.
Then we all were talking and she saw the NO ON1639 sticker on the table.
And then we talking about the gun bans that people want.
And she said you can't ban guns it's in the Constitution.
We are studying the Constitution in a class at school.

Lol I said just because you said that you birthday gift just went from 50 bucks to a 100 .
And gave her another 50 bucks

Well baby steps. You got her to at least hold a gun. With that and her other half liking them she may go further later. Her husband, if he wants her to learn, should also let her seen news reports of women who become victims while un armed. Sure worked with Wife when I wanted her to carry and she felt it was "not needed"
Don't forget the success stories of armed female defenders. Offer a clear choice of "which pattern sounds more palatable to be part of"...

Also, there a lot of women who'll just take it themselves but go full Momma Bear protecting their kids--one of the librarians at my alma mater did a 180 on guns from just happening to see all the study I invested in defensive carry, day in and day out, while she was pregnant and then after the birth of her daughter it snapped into focus for her. After that, every so often my study sessions off in my quiet little corner occasionally turned into being asked to share her Reference Desk and work with her... :)

Well a anti gun person is just a person who hasn't been in a situation where they needed a gun. YET.
I'M going to go with the old sane.
A gun is like a parachute you might never need to use one but if you need one and don't have one.
You will probably never need one .
Because your dead

Something like that lol

This is why I LONG ago stopped putting anything pro gun on my vehicles. It was bad years ago, now a lot of the left has gone full on insane by 24/7 news. Many of them will feel completely fine with damaging your vehicle. Some will openly attack you if they feel they have an advantage, like if there is a woman in the car alone.

Or a mob of them on 1. Guy .

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top