JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just to give some general information, gun shows are targets for criminals, many of whom will follow people from these shows, gun stores and have looked at stickers like NRA and targeted homes. Many in Oregon and WA, have been targeted this way. Not just vandalism, but theft, if not convinced...most all gun thefts the person became aware of said owner of guns, and not by chance. Giving and edge to the criminal could be costly. Just a FYI, the same reason I also prefer CC to OC. No reason to help evil doers do their deeds.

I'm not one for too much advertising, so I keep this one inside my bike's topcase lid. Don't want it getting kicked over by some a$$hat who gets offended while I'm out and about.

Topcase Sticker.jpg

I know there was a discussion a few years ago about doing something like this:

Countries

It came about from members wanting to be visible to other members while out shooting at places like Wolf Creek, etc and still being somewhat discreet. Might be time to revisit that...

I can appreciate the camaraderie but no bumper stickers or anything in the windows for me. With regard to something NWFA specific there are too many varying attitudes and opinions on the forum for me to identify with it in any sort of 'fraternal' sense.

I know there was a discussion a few years ago about doing something like this:

Countries

It came about from members wanting to be visible to other members while out shooting at places like Wolf Creek, etc and still being somewhat discreet. Might be time to revisit that...
Maybe as a magnetic oval? That way it's removable once you get out of the hills.

I was driving about a week ago and saw someone with an Oregunian decal in their rear window, so I threw them the V sign and then the thumbs up. They laughed and gave me a thumbs up back.

Saw another Oregunian decal a couple days ago as well. Nice to see the support in the liberal city of PDX.

You do realize that every time you flash someone the V sign like Churchill is doing it you are saying "Up Yours," British style?
Actually, that's probably considered a plus with this crew.
Carry on. ;-)
E2C7538E-ECA1-4D45-A6C2-F7978968479F.jpeg

For simplicity, why not just write "NWFA" on a piece of cardboard and post it somewhere obvious when you're shooting?
You could write northwestfirearms.com at the bottom so people driving by can check it out. Cheap, simple and easy.

For simplicity, why not just write "NWFA" on a piece of cardboard and post it somewhere obvious when you're shooting?
You could write northwestfirearms.com at the bottom so people driving by can check it out. Cheap, simple and easy.

Not that I am ashamed to be a member here. Far from it... But the reality is, what if some yahoo has a NWFA sticker on there truck and then goes all wack job? It could be the NRA as well. I get why having one, but too easy to manipulate. Used to be stickers could show unity, now that is more likely ridiculed and abused. Also to be honest, NWFA is not a activist or militia site, and are friendly to many varied groups that may not view it as many do. A sticker from NWFA doesn't stand for anything other then we all own guns and exercise our rights. I find that being more dangerous then helpful with a sticker or sign..
Riding clubs wear colors for a reason, as a badge of respect and honor of some sort. But NWFA isn't a club, its a website with members. If perhaps bi-laws and such became present and not just site rules, perhaps. But telling people we own guns and are not really affiliated with any core values or activist duties. Nope... I like it here for what it is. I wish it was more as it has potential... but as it sits, can't support putting my self out there for a sticker so we can say howdy??

Not that I am ashamed to be a member here. Far from it... But the reality is, what if some yahoo has a NWFA sticker on there truck and then goes all wack job? It could be the NRA as well. I get why having one, but too easy to manipulate. Used to be stickers could show unity, now that is more likely ridiculed and abused. Also to be honest, NWFA is not a activist or militia site, and are friendly to many varied groups that may not view it as many do. A sticker from NWFA doesn't stand for anything other then we all own guns and exercise our rights. I find that being more dangerous then helpful with a sticker or sign..
Riding clubs wear colors for a reason, as a badge of respect and honor of some sort. But NWFA isn't a club, its a website with members. If perhaps bi-laws and such became present and not just site rules, perhaps. But telling people we own guns and are not really affiliated with any core values or activist duties. Nope... I like it here for what it is. I wish it was more as it has potential... but as it sits, can't support putting my self out there for a sticker so we can say howdy??
Can't say that I disagree with what you say. It's one reason that I don't put any stickers/decals on my vehicles. In this volatile climate, if you were to go down town you might get flash mobbed or vandalized by a gaggle of proggie nut jobs.
However, while out in the hills, I don't see any harm in spreading the message with some kind of temporary sign. It's a great opportunity to get people to get on the stewardship bandwagon and invite them to join the community as well as to get them acquainted with Trash No Land as well. Shooting safely, using proper targets and cleaning up afterwards is a standard that should be the beacon. A constant presence of the NWFA community would be more beneficial than harmful I would think, especially since the US Forest Service likes us.

Can't say that I disagree with what you say. It's one reason that I don't put any stickers/decals on my vehicles. In this volatile climate, if you were to go down town you might get flash mobbed or vandalized by a gaggle of proggie nut jobs.
However, while out in the hills, I don't see any harm in spreading the message with some kind of temporary sign. It's a great opportunity to get people to get on the stewardship bandwagon and invite them to join the community as well as to get them acquainted with Trash No Land as well. Shooting safely, using proper targets and cleaning up afterwards is a standard that should be the beacon. A constant presence of the NWFA community would be more beneficial than harmful I would think, especially since the US Forest Service likes us.
I got in the habit of not putting any identifiable marks on my cars because I liked to drive like an bubblegum. Now I think I do it more for the reasons you do. I suppose if I still had an old beater car or truck I might do it and mount a few cameras. :)

I got in the habit of not putting any identifiable marks on my cars because I liked to drive like an bubblegum. Now I think I do it more for the reasons you do. I suppose if I still had an old beater car or truck I might do it and mount a few cameras. :)
That's pretty funny. That was my original strategy too. I figured that if I do something stupid and I have a "unique" sort of decal on my car then somebody might remember my vehicle when it's parked somewhere. Lol. Good thing i'm always sensible and considerate when i'm driving though...:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top