JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All of the ammo purchased has to come from some store. Would any of you expect them to sell it for less than they pay for it? The only ones complaining are the buyers. When the buyers become sellers they also want top dollar.

Not true. I just sold some .223 for exactly what I paid. I did not sell it to make a profit I juts needed some money. Yes I could have made a profit but I choose to not be a part of the problem. Dont assume that when someone is selling ammo they are out to make a profit

Not true. I just sold some .223 for exactly what I paid. I did not sell it to make a profit I juts needed some money. Yes I could have made a profit but I choose to not be a part of the problem. Dont assume that when someone is selling ammo they are out to make a profit

No assuming here, just that it is not wrong to make a profit if you want to.

It is possible for people to be nice and sell ammo for what they paid for it :D

I have been looking for some 22LR and had a few offered to me at cost which was very refreshing. Haven't been able to grab any yet due to my crazy schedule and living in BFE but it is nice to see some honest people around here.:s0155:

I have been looking for some 22LR and had a few offered to me at cost which was very refreshing. Haven't been able to grab any yet due to my crazy schedule and living in BFE but it is nice to see some honest people around here.:s0155:

Yeah I've been hoping to find some more .22lr for members on here, but I picked up 13 boxes when they had the american eagle stuff a few weeks ago, but it all sold off at cost really quick on here, so I wish I would have bought more!

It is possible for people to be nice and sell ammo for what they paid for it :D

It is possible, but I do not see it happening much. What I see is a few sellers reselling ammo they purchased from Bi-Mart at a price inflated by $5.00.

Also, why would anyone buy all the ammo at a store to resell it at cost? I am having a hard time figuring this one out. I understand picking up ammo for a friend and having him reimburse you, but going through the trouble of advertising it online, making the connections, etc, seems like a waste of time to me.

If you don't need it, leave it on the shelf.

Isn't Supply and Demand the foundation of Capitalism?

The beauty of our free world...
If someone is pricing something too high you can go to another store. You have the freedom to choose and pay for whatever you want to pay for it (agreed that someone is willing to sell it to you too).

I mean heck, how many of us here ever thought we would be paying for water? Bottled water 30 or even 20 years ago... If you asked anyone they would of laughed in your face. Now. Your forking out a buck fifty for a bottle.

Yes, ammo has significantly gone up and the supply is harder to find. Both stink but that's the world we live in NOW. Who in their right mind would sell something below market price? If you are I'll take 2 or you can just pay me to take it off your hands. Come on. This is a Free America. It has it's bad sides too but who ever said it's a perfect model. We take the good and bad or bad with the good, whichever way you want to think of it. Either way... I wouldn't live anywhere else.

Administrators: Thank you for not controlling a free market.

Oh, sorry. Back to topic on flaky people. First, people will be people. It's not an excuse but some people just give the rest of us a bad name. A bad apple can ruin it for the rest of us. I guess there can be special circumstances but the bottom line comes to the face to face meet when one can inspect the item. When you inspect it the buyer can see what they are actually buying as the poster may have left off a detail or two (not intentionally of course).

So, when do you consider a sell to be a deal? Meaning if someone is interested in your post is that a deal or is that just to let you know that person wants to go to the next step and see it with a strong emphasis to buy it. So, when they see it but decide not to buy it - would you consider that a break in "contract?" I would say not.

When I pointed out to him the facts to save him a little embarassment he EXPLODED on me and thought I was just a terrible person for doing this to him.

I took the chance when somebody was selling something high. I sent a link to a major mail-order place that was selling his gun for a lot less...new. He thanked me and adjusted his price.

I guess it can work both ways.

Isn't Supply and Demand the foundation of Capitalism?

Not really, but it is a part of the foundation of capitalism.

My frustration is that the people buying all the ammunition off the shelves at their local shooting supply stores and reselling it for inflated prices creates an artificial price bubble which does not accurately reflect the supply and demand.

I know I have the choice to not buy ammo at inflated prices, and I don't.

Not really, but it is a part of the foundation of capitalism.

My frustration is that the people buying all the ammunition off the shelves at their local shooting supply stores and reselling it for inflated prices creates an artificial price bubble which does not accurately reflect the supply and demand.

I know I have the choice to not buy ammo at inflated prices, and I don't.

Well the problem there is monopolizing. That's what the land barons did, oil barons do, and now we've got the problem ammo barons.

Oddly, this follows the plot of twilights of solace...

I just talked to one of the Federal reps. They see the short supply of ammo for the rest of the year. Now it includes basic hunting calibers and shotgun shells. Go figure.

"you can always come down but darn hard to go up" once you set a price, I think the Ammo prices are just a Supply and Demand cycle, let it be if its tooo high don't buy, if you need it and can afford it, go for it, we have all made a good deal once in awhile, keep that in mind and you be fine. I see people trying to sell primers for 300 percent, but there is always a chance they will get caught with some high priced primers......but it does burn you a little when you need it and have to shell out the doe for it........

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top