JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just remember...
It's not 'dishonest' to buy some ammo, then sell it for more. Some of you make it sound like it is.
What is dishonest is to steal it and sell it for anything. ;)

I do think it is dishonest. When you apply a price on an object you are saying "this is what I think it is worth". In the example I posted the seller is saying "I believe this is worth $300 for 10 boxes of .22" when in actuality he really believes that the ammo is worth the $15ish that he paid for it. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone but me :) I'm set on ammo right now so it doesn't really bother me. I'd just hate to see some father not being able to take his son out shooting because he needs to take out a second mortgage to buy a scalpers ammo.

+1 couldn't have said it better. I dont have any kids to take out so I'm cutting back till prices level out or until its available again. I have other hobbies that I enjoy just as much and Practical rifle once a month doesn't use much ammo so I am set for a while

This issue isn't about the Sellers it's about the Buyers, there will always be dirt bag scalpers, if the buyers would practice self control this would end quickly since the sellers would be stuck with the ammo and not be able to roll it over and continue the cycle.

You know, this site has really grown alot just since I came aboard a few months ago. Along with that growth, there is bound to be a few that are just in it to make a fast buck. For the most part though, I think it's a brotherhood of good folks from the northwest, with a whole lot more in common than not. By the way, bought a couple bricks of Remington .22 LR HP's 525 count at Big-5 in Oak Grove Monday for 19.00 each. Left some for who ever is needing. :)

Also, why would anyone buy all the ammo at a store to resell it at cost? I am having a hard time figuring this one out. I understand picking up ammo for a friend and having him reimburse you, but going through the trouble of advertising it online, making the connections, etc, seems like a waste of time to me.

Because it gets it to the people who actually need it, otherwise someone will come and buy and all and resell it. This is the truth that is going on in all of these big stores, thankfully they are now putting limits on the amount that can be bought at once to finally give the casual shooter the chance to buy ammo. There are literally thousands of shooters out there, who only shoot a couple times a year, so they don't stockpile more than one box of ammo, and now they can't shoot or possibly hunt because they can't get any ammo.

This issue isn't about the Sellers it's about the Buyers, there will always be dirt bag scalpers, if the buyers would practice self control this would end quickly since the sellers would be stuck with the ammo and not be able to roll it over and continue the cycle.

+1

I have refused to buy anything at higher than real market value, and yet I can still find ammo and primers and other things, it just takes far more time to do it, which really sucks.

Do you really want to know the secret to getting ammo and such right now without going to every store every day?......

Give people good deals, especially on things they really need, and if you can spare some. Then you're far more likely to develop a friendship with the person. Then when its you who really needs something, they may just have what you need, and give you a good deal.

Its called gun karma, and I believe in it :D

+1

I have refused to buy anything at higher than real market value, and yet I can still find ammo and primers and other things, it just takes far more time to do it, which really sucks.

Do you really want to know the secret to getting ammo and such right now without going to every store every day?......

Give people good deals, especially on things they really need, and if you can spare some. Then you're far more likely to develop a friendship with the person. Then when its you who really needs something, they may just have what you need, and give you a good deal.

Its called gun karma, and I believe in it :D

and you are the GunLove Guru Nick!

I think the only problem with the forum is people straying off topic on threads!

Just kidding...kinda. There are some flaky people, but it's better than craigslist by far, and iFish or outdoorstrader to a lesser extent, in my opinion.
I agree that post limits are annoying (think ifish), so I'm glad we won't be seeing them.

I hope (I have to) that the majority of people are here to join together and enjoy a common hobby.

The main thing is that we have choice...we can choose to buy, not buy, negotiate the price, etc. I'd rather have choice and deal with less than perfect than not have choice at all.

I recently joined as a way to connect with others that share my desire to exercise my 2nd amendment. Really now, I just like guns! I have had dealings with 2 members thus far, both have been on the "straight and narrow". I have yet to deal with any flaky people, yet I know there out there...

I think the vast majority of people on this site are good people with good ethics when it comes to dealing with others. I hope these few bad apples don't put a sour taste in anyone's mouth for the entire site.

Ill throw this out there. I recently posted some primers for sale. I asked $60/1000. Is that high? YES! I bought the primers, I asked a high price expecting to be dickering or trading. Fishermans sells primers for $40/1000 with a limit of 400 WHEN/IF they have them in stock. People made offers, I can tell you I sold the primers for exactly $5 more than I paid. Out of that $5 I drove from woodburn to tualatin, oregon city, south salem etc. So I make a 40mile round trip and lose an hour of time for $5 measly dollars! Oh what profit! I took primers I knew I wasnt going to be using anytime soon and thought Id make them available to people who need them and not "stockpile".

You wouldnt believe the hate mail I got for posting an add! Few of the haters even made an offer! No, Midway doesnt sell them for $15/1000, no they wont next day ship them to you for less. Yes I get the same e-mails as everyone else saying my primer orders should be shipped in the next 6-8 weeks. Ive been getting that e-mail since late december. Too many people are quick to judge.

ammo prices. sure walmart sells bulk pack 22lr for less than $14, what makes more sense, driving around to 6 different stores looking for 22 ammo or just paying the guy $20 for a bulk pack and be back home in 15 minutes? I for one will happily pay a little more! If a guy jacks the price up on some 9mm a couple bucks a box, drives somewhere to meet you and email you did he really make anything? All of the self righteous on here bashing everyone for selling ammo, guns or anything else for a little more need to do a little less bashing and a little more calculating. Rebels without a clue.

Ill throw this out there. I recently posted some primers for sale. I asked $60/1000. Is that high? YES! I bought the primers, I asked a high price expecting to be dickering or trading. Fishermans sells primers for $40/1000 with a limit of 400 WHEN/IF they have them in stock. People made offers, I can tell you I sold the primers for exactly $5 more than I paid. Out of that $5 I drove from woodburn to tualatin, oregon city, south salem etc. So I make a 40mile round trip and lose an hour of time for $5 measly dollars! Oh what profit! I took primers I knew I wasnt going to be using anytime soon and thought Id make them available to people who need them and not "stockpile".

You wouldnt believe the hate mail I got for posting an add! Few of the haters even made an offer! No, Midway doesnt sell them for $15/1000, no they wont next day ship them to you for less. Yes I get the same e-mails as everyone else saying my primer orders should be shipped in the next 6-8 weeks. Ive been getting that e-mail since late december. Too many people are quick to judge.

ammo prices. sure walmart sells bulk pack 22lr for less than $14, what makes more sense, driving around to 6 different stores looking for 22 ammo or just paying the guy $20 for a bulk pack and be back home in 15 minutes? I for one will happily pay a little more! If a guy jacks the price up on some 9mm a couple bucks a box, drives somewhere to meet you and email you did he really make anything? All of the self righteous on here bashing everyone for selling ammo, guns or anything else for a little more need to do a little less bashing and a little more calculating. Rebels without a clue.

It's not really the guys like you that are making a few bucks to cover your costs that people are complaining about, I consider guys like you as stepping up to help people out, not to make a killing off your fellow board member, it's the people that are asking insane prices such as the AD on outdoorstrader that was selling boxes of 20 .380s for $75 that I consider Dirt Bags, but as I said earlier it's all the fault of the buyer not the sellers, when buyers stop stepping up to pay outrageous prices the scalper chain will be broken.

Yeah, lots of valid points here. Free market is the best solution. Suckers get suckered, but you have the freedom to ignore the peddlers. I have only had one deal on this site and it went well. I was happy and left good feedback.

I think that is the best way to get rid of the lame peddlers who try to profit from the Obamania

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top