JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw someone else throw in their nickle, mine is probably only worth the two cents, but.........

I do not agree with the requirements for a minimum post count, and its good to hear the admins are of the same mind set.

I also do not agree with price controls, we have way too much of that going on right now in all aspects of life/government.

This forum is something unique that we need in our area. Yes, I am new here, but me and several friends have been looking for just such a site. The ability to have open discussions is becoming too rare of a commodity these days.

We should all appreciate this for what it is, and give the proper respect to everyone who has taken some of their time to join us.

If you don't like something, feel free to comment, or just let it go. Just realize that everyone here has a different background, and different perspective on what is happening in their world. Its nothing to get mad about or to be rude about. This is the type of group where a hand shake should mean something. Lord knows it sure doesn't mean anything in the world anymore (except for a nice publicity stunt).

O.k., <rant off> I am just glad I finally found something local that stands for something. Thank you to all of those who have made that possible.

Well, what would be better...... individuals putting goods on offer at a price they can afford to sell it for, and the buyers deciding whether to pay THAT price, goods in hand now, search over, or waiting, continuing to do without, looking here and there..... perhaps getting "burned" by the inevitable price increases coming.......

or, in the alternative, government control of everything, like what is now happening with GM and Chrysler.... dealer franchises families paid thousands of dollars for, parts inventories on hand after having invested hundreds of thousands, generations of customer goodwill they've EARNED the hard way, all gone POOF because the obamanation of government ownership has unilaterally decided the franchise will be terminated 9 June, no buyback, no compensation, nothing.......

two alternatives: private enterprise, government control.

Guess what? Government has NO BUSINESS meddling in business, because government is run by politics.. a bad model for business. IT WON"T WORK.

So, which is it: free private enterprise, or government control?

I'm just waiting to see how it will play out when the government decides the way to deal with the "gun issue" is to nationalise ALL production and distribution of firearms and related merchandise.......

Be glad, be VERY glad, there yet remain private individuals and small closely held companies who continue to trade in arms and ammunition. Under Castro, Mao, Khomeini, Hussein, Chavez, Pelosi, unfettered Obama, just how strong would your chance be of buying ANYTHING along these lines at ANY price.... without "connections", somewhere between nil and nought.

Another option: go into business yourself... see how easily YOU can keep those 9mm JHP rounds on the shelf. And let's don't even begin to mention the quality pistols without which those rounds are useless.......

This is well said........what we are seeing happening should be shocking to everyone. Also, most folks are noting the different ways businesses are being handled (compare financial institutions to say car makers)

Obama_Chavez.png

I went to pu some .22 only to find scalpers got to it before me found it here same day priced for more . what gets me is that people are willing to pay for it and as long as people are willing to pay it you can't fault the scalper i fault the person willing to pay the jacked up prices

don't get me wrong i would never invite or help a scalper in any way as some resemble toilet scum but how can you fault them if they can get away with it. I saw a scalper looking for a place to hunt i may have invited this person to join in on a free hunt on private land but he would have to kick in some ammo as he has it all Uh Oh now i'm like him better just not invite him.

i see people on the board jump on jacked prices . i see guys on this board willing to pay to hunt sage rats which are free to hunt if you don't look like a freek and can do so safely so please all you freeky people sign up and pay to hunt show up with with you weed and loud music after your paid you got permission

i remember when ranchers would let you hunt deer on their land for free now you have to pay $500 for a FN doe $500-1000 for a deer and $1500+++ for elk (now the man who actually works for a living has to be crammed into public land that is getting smaller and smaller my brother stopped hunting and sold his guns because of this and a friend sold his and joined the other side) and thats because dumb asses are willing to do it probably the same dumb asses willing to pay double for a box of ammo so if joe smo is out of blow let him make some extra doh he learn something and get a real job and stop sucking on the welfare tit

think if you had a 10 boxes of ammo you paid $100 for and someone offers you $200 how many of you would say no you can have it for $100 no you would be like rosco p coaltrain saying gee gee gee i just made $100 bucks

see the problem is that person willing to pay that $200 knowing its only worth $100

what you all need to do is stop whining and write your congressman

oh and instead of ranting do something about it . get up early go buy up all the ammo and post it here at actual cost find out who the scalpers are and don't sell it to them

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top