JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I mean its pretty obvious to notice when people are scalping ammo.

You see a post saying "this ammo in stock at bimart", then the same day, "I have this ammo for sale (which is pretty much only found at bimart), for 50% more".... Same thing for walmart, its pretty obvious when you post WWB or the 550rd fed bulk packs. ;)

When you buy and sell stuff enough you develop a feel for what you really want to pay for something, then if you are patient and look around enough, you may find it for that price.

If people actually are patient and shop around, then the overpriced ammo will disappear...

While we are at it lets call everyone else out there who makes money a low life dirt bag. Retail by nature is expected to be 200% markup. That's right, every time you buy clothes, a computer, a three ring binder your paying twice it's worth to pay for the trendy stores lighting, heating, payroll, insurance. Not to mention every used car sold makes the salesman somewhere around 5k. Are we falling for Obama's way of thinking that anyone who tries to make money is scum? I have a few things for sale. Most are within reasonable prices considering the accessories I have on them. I'm sure some of the unknowing think I'm trying to lick the cream off the top of the jar. Who cares. If someone wants to buy ammo off me and I'm the only one who has it and is willing to sell it, they are going to have to pay quite a bit to take it out of my hands because I need it too but I have a price. There is nothing wrong with that. It does not make me a bad person or a dirt bag does it? It just means that if you want it more than I do your going to show it by how much your willing to pay and I want it very much. I charge .25 cents for a coffee cup I don't want anymore at a garage sale but I'll sell you my AR-15 for 3000.00. You can buy it for 1900.00 new if you can find one. It's not worth my while to sell it for 1900.00 or less. If you want it more than I do you will pay 3k and I'll be without one for a few months or more and set up my new rifle all over again. Don't blame the seller for what the buyer is willing to pay. Buyers lead the market from behind but they do lead the market.

Last Edited:
Well, what would be better...... individuals putting goods on offer at a price they can afford to sell it for, and the buyers deciding whether to pay THAT price, goods in hand now, search over, or waiting, continuing to do without, looking here and there..... perhaps getting "burned" by the inevitable price increases coming.......

or, in the alternative, government control of everything, like what is now happening with GM and Chrysler.... dealer franchises families paid thousands of dollars for, parts inventories on hand after having invested hundreds of thousands, generations of customer goodwill they've EARNED the hard way, all gone POOF because the obamanation of government ownership has unilaterally decided the franchise will be terminated 9 June, no buyback, no compensation, nothing.......

two alternatives: private enterprise, government control.

Guess what? Government has NO BUSINESS meddling in business, because government is run by politics.. a bad model for business. IT WON"T WORK.

So, which is it: free private enterprise, or government control?

I'm just waiting to see how it will play out when the government decides the way to deal with the "gun issue" is to nationalise ALL production and distribution of firearms and related merchandise.......

Be glad, be VERY glad, there yet remain private individuals and small closely held companies who continue to trade in arms and ammunition. Under Castro, Mao, Khomeini, Hussein, Chavez, Pelosi, unfettered Obama, just how strong would your chance be of buying ANYTHING along these lines at ANY price.... without "connections", somewhere between nil and nought.

Another option: go into business yourself... see how easily YOU can keep those 9mm JHP rounds on the shelf. And let's don't even begin to mention the quality pistols without which those rounds are useless.......

I was just having this conversation..with a couple of other members.. Yes..there are flakes on here.. There are flakes everywhere..

I have the power..to decide what I will pay for something.. And..equally important..who I will and will not deal with..

For me..it's not so much about prices.. If it's too much..just don't buy it.. I am..I suppose..a little more hard core in my values..than a lot of folks.. I will not deal with someone who is obviously in it for the money..and not actually supportive of our 2A rights..

I suppose that will offend some..but if you supported the installment of the most anti-gun administration in the history of this country..I wouldn't buy a $500 item from you..for $20..

Just my :s0159:

I haven't ran into many flakes on here since most of the guys I deal with are 50+y/o i'm 24 and didn't imagine to see some flakes on the board like there are on craigslist. I'll sell a gun here, get asked like two questions then a cash sale, I'll trade or sell a piece on craigslist and get 20 questions a lame cash offer and endless phone calls. I think it's just the internet. haha

2xTap, sounds like yer puttin yer backbone where yer wishbone is..... which is good to see. It is one thing to HAVE "principles", and another to let those principles guide one's decisions. And the lack of this second is the larger part of WHY we're in this mess we're in. Well spoken......

Thanks FH. I think that is exactly what is needed. Helpful, constructive price advise from those members who know what they are talking about. If someone explodes, then they expose themselves for the "Timmy" that they are. Those who are really looking for a good place to buy and sell will take the advise and weigh it appropriately.

That is one of the HUGE problems with Craigslist. There are SO many people out there looking for a sucker and nobody can call them on it.

Just my 0.02

That is one of the HUGE problems with Craigslist. There are SO many people out there looking for a sucker and nobody can call them on it.

true enough.... but just as many are clueless the other way, part of what makes CL worth the time IF you know what you're looking for and its value. I've got some screaming incredible deals on CL.... cause the seller simply didn't have a clue what his item was worth. Hey, I've even had some things I've put on there, not much clue what they're worth, and when the emails pile in pronto, I can only guess I've set the price in the basement. Most of the questionable items I've put in the bay..... sometimes they sit, never sell. Others they go for five, ten, times what I'd ever dared dream I'd get. Crazy, but I'll take it.

Too bad neither of those online lists will allow anything to do with OUR favourite sporting items...... rather stodgy, that, but on the other hand I'm not sure it would be good for the general sentiment toward arms and their users if some of the barmy sorts trading on those places were dealing in arms freely.... at least, not until arms are, once more, as "American as apple pie", and nearly as common.

true enough.... but just as many are clueless the other way, part of what makes CL worth the time IF you know what you're looking for and its value. I've got some screaming incredible deals on CL.... cause the seller simply didn't have a clue what his item was worth. .

Yeah, if you are quick on the send button, you can get some really good deals. I have bought some stuff a really good prices, but sifting through the people who think their stuff has been dipped in gold is time-consuming.

I have to admit backing out of a deal with sully. sry sully, but that sig was my last pay check. I was going to get an AK from him. I feel bad I hate being the guy that waste everyones time at the shop by just looking and I hate backing on a deal but I loved that sig.

Is there a diamond mounted in the hollow point? If so, SOLD!

Now there is a cool Idea for a Wedding Gift for the Female Gun Lover!
A 1CT Diamond set into an inert Hollow Point Bullet!
You could probably make a fortune with that idea! :s0155:

You could even engrave a message onto the side of the shell! "This Bullet Has Your Name On It"

Someone go make some money with this!:s0114:

Now there is a cool Idea for a Wedding Gift for the Female Gun Lover!
A 1CT Diamond set into an inert Hollow Point Bullet!
You could probably make a fortune with that idea! :s0155:

You could even engrave a message onto the side of the shell! "This Bullet Has Your Name On It"

Someone go make some money with this!:s0114:

Wouldn't that be an armor piercing round? Illegal buy Fed guidelines. Funny how the 5.7X28 never got band...s

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top