JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
thay are alot of flaky peeple on this page....lot of (((o ya save it ill come get it))) and no show ..and lots of B.S like geting ammo from Bi-mart and trying to sale it for x2 on this site....whats with all this...:huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to be able to ban users who post Bi-Mart for a $5.00 profit (or worse), but I also understand that this is the internet, where everyone can be an anonymous *ahem*hole.

Instead, I propose that NF slow down the number of ammo entrepreneurs by creating a minimum post requirement before new users can post in the classifieds. I have noticed two new users (with less than two posts) who have their first post in the ammo classified section, and are advertising ammo that has been available at Bi-Mart.

I don't want to start some clunky initiation rite, where new users have to post a personal story, but I think that members posting in the classified sections should be CONTRIBUTING members.

I would love to be able to ban users who post Bi-Mart for a $5.00 profit (or worse), but I also understand that this is the internet, where everyone can be an anonymous *ahem*hole.

Instead, I propose that NF slow down the number of ammo entrepreneurs by creating a minimum post requirement before new users can post in the classifieds. I have noticed two new users (with less than two posts) who have their first post in the ammo classified section, and are advertising ammo that has been available at Bi-Mart.

I don't want to start some clunky initiation rite, where new users have to post a personal story, but I think that members posting in the classified sections should be CONTRIBUTING members.

I believe in this as well, but there has always been the concern that if there is a minimum post requirement, then the users that really want to peddle their goods will just go and post a bunch of garbage to get the minimum.

I just make my own rule for myself, where I mainly only buy stuff from people who are very active here, it seems to work well for me.

Being a nooby I will toss my nickle in here.
I am fine with the post count, but I am a not so ok with price controls.
Site owners can do whatever they want with it but isnt control of private business etc.. one of the topics we are all fired up over this administration?
IMHO the best price control is to just not buy it. They will probably get frustrated and just stop in due time.

Being a nooby I will toss my nickle in here.
I am fine with the post count, but I am a not so ok with price controls.
Site owners can do whatever they want with it but isnt control of private business etc.. one of the topics we are all fired up over this administration?
IMHO the best price control is to just not buy it. They will probably get frustrated and just stop in due time.

Ding ding ding. We won't be instituting a minimum post count or any sort of price controls because this is the sort of intervention into the free market that I absolutely cannot stand, and I'm sure many of you feel the same way. If a price is too high, don't buy it. Don't get upset, start an argument, cause a problem, etc., just move along. This is freedom in it's purest form :s0155:

As for people flaking out when a deal has been made and they say they're going to buy or sell something, there's nothing this site can do about that aside from offer our members the Trade Rating system. If someone changes their mind at the last minute, that's their decision, and they have the freedom to do so. You have the freedom to tell others about it via a Trade Rating. I must say, anyone who would do this is probably of lower integrity than someone I'd want to deal with anyway.

Ive had a few times that I wanted to leave someone negative feedback, but it seems kind of taboo to do so, so I never have. For the large part though, most of the people Ive dealt with on this site so far have been great people. And that includes some noobies.

As far as the marking up of items for sale on this site, it doesnt bother me in the least. If I want it bad enough, Ill pay the higher price if I cant find it elsewhere for cheaper. Otherwise, I'll click off that ad and forget about it.

I get a kick out of watching ammo/gun/acc.. that some people try to sell for ridiculous (to me) prices.
We will always have people around looking for a sucker.
Now days most people are getting pretty savy on prices and before buying will do some research.
You'll always have people that try to sell for instance, a gun that sells for $300 new all day for $295 - $325 because they are looking for a sucker sell.
Why would anybody in their right mind pay within $10-$25 dollars for a used when for that extra couple bucks they can have new and all that comes with new?
One example........A man bought a rifle at Joe's and decided he would sell it as it was not what he needed. He paid $500+ at Joes and was asking $480 for it after one season use. Unfortunately he was the kind of person that shy'd away from the "Marts" that also sold the exact same rifle and at $100 less new than he paid for his. He was asking $480 for his used when Bi-mart had it new for $400.
When I pointed out to him the facts to save him a little embarassment he EXPLODED on me and thought I was just a terrible person for doing this to him.
It take all kinds, as I said I think it is interesting to watch these things in life.
If somebody wants to pay whatever for something at an inflated price, go for it. I and people like me will buy elsewhere, no big deal.

As far as flakes I have had many people say they want something of mine ASAP and then I return the PM, and post on the add and they never get back to me. I nicely send them another PM after a day or so and tell them to get back to me even if they are not interested so that I know to move on. Still nothing. I have had this happen with almost every single thing I have sold on here and I have sold my fair share of things and have a good trade rating. Thats the only thing that gets me is people that want your stuff so badly and then poof they are gone. I dont mind high prices, its everyones right to do so and everyones right to not buy it. I have purchased at hight prices before when I really wanted or needed it. And I am perfectly fine for that. Maybe I am contributing to the problem by doing so but that is my choice at that time.

How about every on stop buying ammo period.
let the market come back to normal, stores wood be sitting on pallets of it
because it wasn't selling then they would sell it at cost just to move it.
it would probably take a couple months to half way stabilize.
all the price gougers that are buying just to turn a profit would get discouraged and crawl off. "people are there own worst enemy"
but by the way I have a single box of 5.56 20 rd. NATO that I will sell for $100
any on interested ? ")

How about every on stop buying ammo period.
let the market come back to normal, stores wood be sitting on pallets of it
because it wasn't selling then they would sell it at cost just to move it.
it would probably take a couple months to half way stabilize.
all the price gougers that are buying just to turn a profit would get discouraged and crawl off. "people are there own worst enemy"
but by the way I have a single box of 5.56 20 rd. NATO that I will sell for $100
any on interested ? ")

Alloy or brass?
:s0114::s0114:

I have stopped buying ammo unless I come across a really good deal by todays standards. I am just going to get by on what I have and when that runs out I will either buy more at hopefully lower prices or regret not buying now. Either way Im not buying ammo at extremely high prices and fighting for that last box of ammo at bi mart

I have to say the worst thing I've seen personally is a person PMing me offering to trade 6 boxes of WWB for my p6.

I can't wait for some idiot to start parking outside of walmart selling the ammo he just bought from inside.

It's illegal to scalp tickets to concerts and sporting events... why is legal to scalp consumer goods? I'm reminded of tickle-me-elmo and the wii fiascos.

Getting upset and venting is Healthy, however, when left to fester as several of the responders here are doing, only leads to ulcers, discontent, hatred, and postal situations.
WE, ALL HAVE CHOICES, PLEASE MAKE GOOD ONE'S

All of the ammo purchased has to come from some store. Would any of you expect them to sell it for less than they pay for it? The only ones complaining are the buyers. When the buyers become sellers they also want top dollar.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top