JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I was in a productive mood while my daughter was visiting a few weeks ago. So I pulled EVERYTHING out of the FV Bloody Deck and scrubbed it spotless.
One less thing I have to do before it hits the water on it's maiden voyage for 2019.

I'm fellin GIDDY!!!:p:p:p

And no pictures? I haven't seen the inside of mine since I crawled up in her to remove the deep cycle 4 months ago. :( I actually felt a tinge of gusto to hang the kicker and fire it, and the main, up a couple/three weeks ago. And thought about getting our salmon tags that I swore I would pay for again this year. It didn't take long for the feeling to subside though. Clarity in the Willamette at 75 will do that.

I feel yer pain Bro, I used to fish all year long (years ago) but I must have caught em all cuz there aint none left....:eek::D
I'm petitioning WDFW to produce a lake only license for those of us that are fed up with the mismanagement of salmon & steelhead in the PNW...:mad::mad::mad:

Why am I smiling?

20180601_164828.jpg

Look over my left shoulder, this was one less ski-doo to mess up the late morning fishing for those who didn't limit out....
I had mine & heading to the ramp when this guy was in distress.:D:D:D
I'm sometimes a nice Caveman.;)

Why am I smiling?

View attachment 570435

Look over my left shoulder, this was one less ski-doo to mess up the late morning fishing for those who didn't limit out....
I had mine & heading to the ramp when this guy was in distress.:D:D:D
I'm sometimes a nice Caveman.;)

Oh Jim! I've got a story of a Schmuck Royal.

If you've ever fished the Columbia in the area of the The Sandy River mouth you'll know that The Columbia gets quite wide at the Sandy and above. The red can is, probably, only a 1/4-1/3 of the way across out from the Washington side. We were fishing shallow (19') for steelhead in late July. We were not even halfway across the river from the Camas launch, in 19'. There weren't usually many people that fished for steelhead and we were alone pretty much. Probably around 11:00 am or so we saw something flashing way, WAY, over near the Oregon shore. That was like 300 yards above the mouth of the Sandy River. So I get out my binoculars and take a look. It's a guy on a jet ski! We knew what most likely happened. Any one that fishes out there much would know what most likely happened. We decided we weren't quite ready to be done for the day, so we let him simmer for awhile. (Not the first time we've been the only ones to bail these folks out).

After about 45-60 minutes we pulled anchor and headed over there. My skeg hits bottom in 1.7 feet of water. I had to trim up and pick my way through the up and down depths to get close enough to the guy to toss him a rope. I wasn't going to get MY feet wet! Then we had to pick our way out again. The guy was staying at his girlfriends floating home, just below Chinook Landing. He decided to take HER skee doo out for a run. He didn't know the river, or pay mind to the red can, hit a gravel bar and destroyed the impeller and broke the mirror off the skee doo to signal for help.

There were other stories, different, but with very similar circumstances. "Depth finder was reading 22 feet". Or 2.2'? Or the one that ended up with the wife standing in ankle deep water cussing at hubby 50 feet onto the sandbar. Or the one that put in at Vancouver but I was only going to tow them into Camas. Or the one with the 4-6 young men that hit a small shallow gravel bar in dad's fancy stank boat. Those guys made it back under their own power though. Very slowly and with a good bit of vibration I'd guess.

Well here's the rub, if you two can orchestrate an illness during the week then we shall have an on the water fishing Excursion....:D

The reason for fishing during the week is I do not like the crowds on the weekends at the boat ramps. They are some of the worst with common sense on how to launch a boat and get out of everybody's way. Way too much drama for this Caveman.

Well here's the rub, if you two can orchestrate an illness during the week then we shall have an on the water fishing Excursion....:D

The reason for fishing during the week is I do not like the crowds on the weekends at the boat ramps. They are some of the worst with common sense on how to launch a boat and get out of everybody's way. Way too much drama for this Caveman.
Well where are you located? That would be a major factor.

We'll find some time. I'll also have to buy my WA license ($82 last I checked!). I'm looking forward to fishing on Merwin, but I always enjoy fishing new places. :)

@Baseacegoku the rivers you mentioned before will become a lot more productive after a good stocking. Focus on the areas nearest the reservoirs for now, holdovers should be moving up to try to spawn. The north fork willamette should have a good mothers day caddis hatch about now. Just walk the bank looking for rises. ;)

I really don't know I just got email from wdfg that said it was going to be open.
I am going to look into it .
The Skagit is usually only open for silver and pinks .
They said hatchery only.
The SKAGIT can be fished with a boat or from the shore .
I have never fished it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top