JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Gang,

A garage sale Accupoint 300 rifle scope found its way into my hands. Can someone tell me what the heck I just brought home? It looks like it might fit my 10/22 proportionally as I view them separately. I guess I need to tune it in. Judging from cameras and other optics I suppose I need some dust caps. Maybe I can make a pair of caps out of something cheap or free. Honestly, I have no experience. And, you guys and gals are my only advice resources. Do you have any advice for me?

Johann

Hey Gang,

A garage sale Accupoint 300 rifle scope found its way into my hands. Can someone tell me what the heck I just brought home? It looks like it might fit my 10/22 proportionally as I view them separately. I guess I need to tune it in. Judging from cameras and other optics I suppose I need some dust caps. Maybe I can make a pair of caps out of something cheap or free. Honestly, I have no experience. And, you guys and gals are my only advice resources. Do you have any advice for me?

Johann

Hope you didn't pay more that $ 1,000.00 for it !

<broken link removed> :D

:s0155:
Frog.

Hey Gang,

Johann

you found a accupoint at a garge sale:huh:wow

thats almost too much scope for a 10/22, butler creek make flip up dust caps that will fit it any scope will fit the ruger with the right base and set of rings

Let me try to post a photo. The scope is just a basic looking thing to me. But what does that little knob do? I'm guessing at everything I see here.
(Guessing at how to post photos too )

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

and a way cool looking fungus
<broken link removed>

Yeah, big difference between the two. Here's info I found on that aimpoint:

AIMPOINT® 1000
Launched 1987

Aimpoint 1000 which was launched in 1987 was based on the same principles as Mark III but had a revised design to make the sight slimmer and lighter. The automatic light adjustment was replaced by a 9-level switch and a few other changes were made to achieve a more competitive price level. Competitors, above all from Asia, were at this time introducing imitations of our products on the market.

<broken link removed>

Let me try to post a photo. The scope is just a basic looking thing to me. But what does that little knob do? I'm guessing at everything I see here.
(Guessing at how to post photos too )

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

and a way cool looking fungus
<broken link removed>

Guess again on your photo downloads. These are way to big and very slow to load for viewing. :D

Anyway, Aimpoint has a web site. Your 1000 is a discountinued red dot scope. Here is a picture with functions detail.

Value, from what I've found, is appox. $50-60.

<broken link removed>

Hope this helps,
Frog.

It's an Aimpoint red dot scope with its optional 3-power attachment screwed on. The knob turns on the red dot and selects its brightness setting from one to ten. If you don't see a red dot then it needs batteries. You probly got a good deal!....................elsullo :s0155:

Big difference between the Accupoint v. Aimpoint varieties. Woops. Red dot - does that supplant crosshairs? Red dot must mean that there is a battery to check. Should I just try it - slap it on my light 22 and see what happens? Surely I must tune it in to make it line up true.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews