JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Duluth Firehose pants. I got some and they are comfy and lined! :D Plenty loose for working. moving, bending, etc.

I usually just wear one of the pairs of pants I normally would, but these may be what you're looking for:

8417A938-00B5-4F66-A241-A45751E019CA.jpeg
They may not have a normal waist, but they certainly aren't camo and are kneepad compatible.

I like 5.11 pants. They are spendy, but fit really well for me & fairly durable. My favorite plinking pants would be 5.11 Stryke.

View attachment 791409

I usually wait until they are on sale.

Yup.

Fit all of the OP requirements. Plus are reasonably durable, and look decent as everyday wear.

+1 on the buy on sale. They just had them ? 20% off IIRC. 10% off is more common.

edit, adding: the stretch waste band is a bonus feature. I don't have to wear different pants going IWB/OWB same day...

Jeans and tee shirt along with a flannel shirt...or buckskins....:D

Never really understood the need for range clothes...
If one is practicing for a "what if"...why not practice for the "what if" , wearing what you usually wear...
It ain't like "what if" will give you a "time out" to get dressed in what you want to wear....

With all that said...If one needs "range pants"....
How 'bout some BDU style pants in OD Green , Tan , Brown , Black , Grey or Blue...?
Or Carhartt pants in the same colors....?
Andy

Whatever pants you will wear everyday...meaning, wear what you're going fight in.
Jeans and tee shirt along with a flannel shirt...or buckskins....:D

Never really understood the need for range clothes...
If one is practicing for a "what if"...why not practice for the "what if" , wearing what you usually wear...
It ain't like "what if" will give you a "time out" to get dressed in what you want to wear....

Andy
I'm a jeans and t-shirt kinda guy, almost exclusively, unless it's summer time and I wear shorts.
My SIL "dresses up" when shooting, but I don't see him wearing those clothes any other time.
Just this morning I checked into the Wrangler Riggs, but not the cargo pocket style, cuz that's not what I want. (the only time I wear pants with extra pockets is when I'm hunting and even then, don't really care to put much into them) What did interest me was the leather section on the back of the right front pocket opening, supposedly for a tape measure. My pants always get chewed up there because that's where my knife and flashlight go.

Everyone that has attended my classes know I wear regular jeans type pants when instructing, because that's what I wear around the place and around town.

I can almost say for 100% of one's life, you'll be wearing what you usually wear should you be in some sort of confrontation, you most likely won't be wearing anything different that day at that time unless you know it's coming...then you'll be suited up way different.

Wrangler RIggs work pants do okay for me. Durable, kneepad compatible (double knees with a small external slot to insert a pad - you may have to open that up more), cargo pockets, etc.

Not fancy tactical, but they do come in OD and 'sage' green. They are ripstop and heavier fabric than most tactical or work pants. They also offer flannel lined for cold weather like today. The Condor 2" tactical belt fits thru the loops (tight fit). I wear these almost every day at home. Loose fit true to size.

On the opinion how you should wear same pants you'd have on in a self-defense situation: Typically, I'm also a jeans person, but I almost never shoot at a shooting range? And when I'm plinking in the woods, I use the cargo pant pockets for the extra magazines, so I wouldn't have to walk back over to my table over & over.
Yup.

Fit all of the OP requirements. Plus are reasonably durable, and look decent as everyday wear.

+1 on the buy on sale. They just had them ? 20% off IIRC. 10% off is more common.

edit, adding: the stretch waste band is a bonus feature. I don't have to wear different pants going IWB/OWB same day...
Yes, sales are worth the wait for me. I've also bought them on sites like Botach before when they have their own sale going on. And like you said, they make great daily wear.

I used to wear Levis, but maybe like 10 years ago, their quality just tanked. Towards the end, I had Levis jeans which were costing me in repairs as much as the jeans did in the first place. I think around the same time, Levis joined the anti-gun movement, 5.11 started selling jeans(durable like their other pants) & it worked out really well for me. :p

Not very tactical, but very comfortable and pretty dang durable. Plus the material itself is flexible as it the waistband!!! So a definite plus for those of us plus sized folks who kneel bend and squat!

Well, this isn't necessarily a recommendation, more of an observation. Walmart carries a line of Dickies product called, "Range Pants." Cheap at around $20. I wondered where they might've gotten the name for those; previously it hadn't occurred to me that it might have something to do with a shooting range. These have what they call an articulated knee. Which allows a little more space in that area - maybe for knee pads? Lightweight 100% cotton, rip-stop fabric (like the later USGI jungle fatigues). They only come in black, khaki, and "tactical" green (looks like army stuff). "Range Pants" is the product line made for Walmart only.

I bought one pair in black, they seem okay for the money.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top