JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any recommendations on a range bag for gear. Seems like most are designed to carry pistols. I need one for hauling around precision rifle gear.....

Spotting scope
Weather meter
Shooting bags
Hearing/eye protection
Lots of tools
Rangefinder

Harbor Freight tools has some pretty slick hard cases, some with wheels and handles!
I use an older plastic wheeled tool box I got at Home Depot several years ago! I toss a couple of old towels in the bottom and everything is well protected and kept dry when in transit to and from the shooting area!

Midway USA.

Have "a bunch" of the simple inserts now. Great for hauling precharged mags in.

Should handle a spotting scope, depends what you have.

I hard case our scope & tripod with one of the rifles for convenience. YMMV.

Reviving this older thread to see if there might be updated perspectives to share. Everyone's needs will be different, and that's okay. Explaining how your fave range bag meets your particular needs would be helpful.

I now own several range bags but my go to is an eberlestock backpack. I can fit almost everything in there and carry it around the ranges with ease. Allows me to free up my hands to carry my rifle and bag of bags.

Midway makes a competition range bag that is great for carrying gear.

Condor makes a great bag for hand guns and gear

Buying the cheap tool bags at harbor freight work well also. I have a large one for my cleaning gear

I've been searching for the perfect range bag most of my life. I'm starting to think it may just be best to get a large pelican case on wheels with dividers, and then configure it how you want/need it.

I have the Shooters Connection bag below and the problem is that it's almost too big. I can easily load the thing to the point that it just becomes too heavy to practically carry. Because of it's large and bulky size it gets pretty awkward. Hence, my thinking to go with a Pelican case on wheels.

The Shooters Connection Pro Bag is an absolute beast of a range bag. It's design has been ripped off by many...you've likely seen Midway's version...but most of these come from China.

The bag is built like a tank and well worth the hundred dollar price, IMO. Note that it has a removal inner zippered bag which might be good for a spotting scope if it fits.

e%2fAssets%2fProductImages%2fshooting_bag_2in1-102.jpg

5 gallon bucket, use the change to take your lady out on a nice date, or your kids out for ice cream. Flip it over and you have yourself a seat for bench rest shooting. Your welcome :)

Unfortunately many range bags, even supposedly high-end ones, are made in China. Supporting the commies against the United States is an immediate no-go. This one, however, is not made in China and looked impressive. If NWFA member has one it would help to hear real-world feedback.

There are plenty of Berry Compliant bags if you're willing to pay for US made gear. Pictured above, my ForceProtector gear bag is made in the US, so is the OSOE med bag, the SERT TCC case is made in Vietnam using material from the US and S. Korea. I make a point to buy as little as possible from the commie whores, especially when it come to guns and gear.

A few examples:
https://www.eod-gear.com/range-multi-purpose-bag-large/
https://www.gaugeoutfitters.com/product-page/heritage-range-bag-blue-label-edition
https://offbase.co/collections/gear-bags/products/london-bridge-lbt-8030a-range-bag-mas-grey

Last Edited:
Midway USA.

Have "a bunch" of the simple inserts now. Great for hauling precharged mags in.

Should handle a spotting scope, depends what you have.

I hard case our scope & tripod with one of the rifles for convenience. YMMV.

I know this an old post, but I haven't had good with Midway branded gear. Alot of seams tearing with super mild use.

You get what you pay for.

I know this an old post, but I haven't had good with Midway branded gear. Alot of seams tearing with super mild use.

You get what you pay for.

Yup, older post & the Midway competition bags we have are older than that.

Still holding up perfectly fine!

Most recent Midway branded range gear we have bought (another extra Midway competition range bag insert & a few Midway bail out bags) quality seems just as good as before.

We've certainly gotten what we've paid for! (...and normally only bought on sale, & with "free" shipping deals)

YMMV.

5 gallon bucket, use the change to take your lady out on a nice date, or your kids out for ice cream. Flip it over and you have yourself a seat for bench rest shooting. Your welcome :)
5 gallon bucket with a tool organizer. Still inexpensive, but you can't turn it over to use as a stool.

When I was a youngster Range bags were range boxes. Usually plywood, with lots of compartments. The better ones had forks on top for your rifle, and a stand for your spotting scope.
Here's one, Google has lots of different pics.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top