JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Gang,

A garage sale Accupoint 300 rifle scope found its way into my hands. Can someone tell me what the heck I just brought home? It looks like it might fit my 10/22 proportionally as I view them separately. I guess I need to tune it in. Judging from cameras and other optics I suppose I need some dust caps. Maybe I can make a pair of caps out of something cheap or free. Honestly, I have no experience. And, you guys and gals are my only advice resources. Do you have any advice for me?

Johann

Hey Gang,

A garage sale Accupoint 300 rifle scope found its way into my hands. Can someone tell me what the heck I just brought home? It looks like it might fit my 10/22 proportionally as I view them separately. I guess I need to tune it in. Judging from cameras and other optics I suppose I need some dust caps. Maybe I can make a pair of caps out of something cheap or free. Honestly, I have no experience. And, you guys and gals are my only advice resources. Do you have any advice for me?

Johann

Hope you didn't pay more that $ 1,000.00 for it !

<broken link removed> :D

:s0155:
Frog.

Hey Gang,

Johann

you found a accupoint at a garge sale:huh:wow

thats almost too much scope for a 10/22, butler creek make flip up dust caps that will fit it any scope will fit the ruger with the right base and set of rings

Let me try to post a photo. The scope is just a basic looking thing to me. But what does that little knob do? I'm guessing at everything I see here.
(Guessing at how to post photos too )

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

and a way cool looking fungus
<broken link removed>

Yeah, big difference between the two. Here's info I found on that aimpoint:

AIMPOINT® 1000
Launched 1987

Aimpoint 1000 which was launched in 1987 was based on the same principles as Mark III but had a revised design to make the sight slimmer and lighter. The automatic light adjustment was replaced by a 9-level switch and a few other changes were made to achieve a more competitive price level. Competitors, above all from Asia, were at this time introducing imitations of our products on the market.

<broken link removed>

Let me try to post a photo. The scope is just a basic looking thing to me. But what does that little knob do? I'm guessing at everything I see here.
(Guessing at how to post photos too )

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

and a way cool looking fungus
<broken link removed>

Guess again on your photo downloads. These are way to big and very slow to load for viewing. :D

Anyway, Aimpoint has a web site. Your 1000 is a discountinued red dot scope. Here is a picture with functions detail.

Value, from what I've found, is appox. $50-60.

<broken link removed>

Hope this helps,
Frog.

It's an Aimpoint red dot scope with its optional 3-power attachment screwed on. The knob turns on the red dot and selects its brightness setting from one to ten. If you don't see a red dot then it needs batteries. You probly got a good deal!....................elsullo :s0155:

Big difference between the Accupoint v. Aimpoint varieties. Woops. Red dot - does that supplant crosshairs? Red dot must mean that there is a battery to check. Should I just try it - slap it on my light 22 and see what happens? Surely I must tune it in to make it line up true.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top