JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did my first camo job on my new Christmas present.

Thought it turned out pretty good. Was going to put a clear coat on it but it made it too shiny.

If I scratch it all I need is my spray paint to touch it up.

Camo3a.jpg

Camo4a.jpg

Camo3a.jpg

Camo4a.jpg

I know I've seen a matte clear coat in rattle can form. DuraCoat also makes one, but you'll need an airbrush and compressor for that.
It looks good though, especially for a first time!

Entire camo job only cost me $25.

Four different camo spray colors, painters tape, and old wood shaving packing materials that I bought at Cost Plus for $1.99. Once I have everything taped off that I didn't want painted, I applied the base color. After the base color had an entire day to dry I layed the wood shaving material on top and sprayed the second color. I had to move the shavings around to get the effect I wanted...then the third and then the fourth color.

I'm now looking for a matte clear coat that I can apply to help protect the camo job. I've tried two clear matte spray finishes but both had way too much sheen.

Guess I'll keep trying till I find the exact one I want.

Just a thought - I noticed the inside of the pop up scope caps are still reflective - might want to do a light coat on those pop ups so they don't reflect. Nice job on the camo!

Both front and rear popup covers were camo'd like the rest of the gun.

The rear inside popup cover (which will be right in front of my eye when it is open) has my ballistaics table with drop number per distances. I normallly don't open the lens cover until I'm ready for shooting.

Also found a matte/flat clear finish at Lowe's. I applied my first coat this afternoon....so far it looks good. I plan on applying 3-4 coats on all painted parts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top