JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am getting ready to buy more gloves for first aid and getting conflicting opinion on amazon and stuff.

I was hoping medical professional who use them every day like EMT's, Nurses and Doctors on here could give me their opinions on durability, fit and protection to the best of their knowledge.

I know opinions vary so please, but I know those of you who use them daily know hwat works best for you,

FYI I am a male and require x-large gloves I just have good size hands thats all.

Thanks

Stay away from latex and go with the nitrile. There are many good brands but you will have to go to a safety or medical supply store and try some samples. Size variances between brands range wildly.

Hope you don't mind a quick thread hi-jack knuckle Head, but on a similar thought. What suggestions would medical professionals have on medical facemasks to have on hand?

Hope you don't mind a quick thread hi-jack knuckle Head, but on a similar thought. What suggestions would medical professionals have on medical facemasks to have on hand?

Not at all,

Thanks everyone I appreciate the replies, I got my doctor to sign a letter of medical need and now I can use pre-tax dollars for bot gloves and mask,

here are some things i was gonna buy after recommendations from here and other threads, anyone medical pro's have a do not like, you can always send me a pm if you do not want publicly post btw.

Amazon.com: Kimberly-Clark ® Nitrile Ambidextrous Powder-Free Disposable Gloves - X-Large Purple 9.5" - Box of 100 - 55084: ActiveForever

Good

Crap. Powder only works in the best of conditions which is not what you ever have in an emergency. A little wind and that stuff gets in your eyes you will have a real problem. IF you must have something like this get the impregnated bandages hemostatic bandage - Google Search Keep in mind all this has a shelf life. IMHO for every day life IF you are that worried about major bleeding get a tourniquet - Google Search because you are going to need it to use WITH the hemostatic bandage anyhow. Our fire teams carry the SWAT brand because they are cheep, simple, light, and they work.

The main EMS system I have worked in for 10 years now has 6 units and we run over 1000 calls/month so we stay a little busy. We have weekly shootings, stabbings and other major trauma. Never have I wished I had a hemostatic agent nor am I aware of anyone else that has. We did just put tourniquets on our rigs because MABYE once a year one could be used........

Why? We use to have them, never or hardly ever used them.

All fine choices.

On th eamonia tabs, I have a niece who is diabetic and have had to use them while pouring honey down her throat to get her to snap out of it, and used them before to get someone to come around who was trying to go into shock maybe not the right useage, but it worked

On the celox, I want something I can toss in my backpack when i am in the middle of nowhere without even a cell phone coverage because of the mountains, question would storing in a mylar bag with oxygen absorbers extend the shelf life, what is a good alternative??

For masks get N95 masks. For gloves, nitrile is the way to go. I think the purple are a little thicker, but the blue should be fine too. If you really want to get some good gloves you can get a couple packages of the sterile surgical gloves. They are high quality. If you wear extra large gloves you would probably fit into a 7 1/2 or 8 surgical glove.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top