JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm not a jewelry person but I am Diabetic. When I wore a watch it would get hung up on things so I don't really want a medic alert bracelet. I wore dog tags back in the day and as long as I kept them under my shirt they weren't a bother. Anybody got a good source for medial alert dog tags? I've looked on line and I can't tell good ones from bad ones and the prices are all over the place.

images.jpeg-113.jpg

Alternative idea.

Just order a set of military dog tags. Under "finish" choose Medical (if you can order the red tags even better).

I recommend putting Diabetic at the top, followed by any medication allergies and then blood type.

If you call 911 and we show up-

Guys, Umm, we actually take a blood sugar rather than guessing "if" you are a diabetic. If you are too low and unconscious you are getting an IV, If you are too high and not making sense, you are getting an IV. Just because you have a bracelet/dog tag/what ever, you are still getting stuck (a few time). We would rather know what meds you are on and what you are allergic to!

If you call 911 and we show up-

Guys, Umm, we actually take a blood sugar rather than guessing "if" you are a diabetic. If you are too low and unconscious you are getting an IV, If you are too high and not making sense, you are getting an IV. Just because you have a bracelet/dog tag/what ever, you are still getting stuck (a few time). We would rather know what meds you are on and what you are allergic to!
he's right you know.

same same with those little blood type patch thingies. not useful.

he's right you know.

same same with those little blood type patch thingies. not useful.
I disagree about tags or tattoos not being useful. You'll get tested only if you are seen by a medical professional (like me). If you're out hiking and have low blood sugar people on the trail aren't going to know what is wrong with you; but if they know you are diabetic someone may have the sense to give you some glucose.

There is no downside to having a tag.

I disagree about tags or tattoos not being useful. You'll get tested only if you are seen by a medical professional (like me). If you're out hiking and have low blood sugar people on the trail aren't going to know what is wrong with you; but if they know you are diabetic someone may have the sense to give you some glucose.

hey man. if it makes you feel better, no problem with me.

everyone has different experience in these areas.

if you read my post, what i was referring to specifically was the blood type tags that some people are fond of.

we can still be friends, right?

:)

What if your out hiking and your blood sugar is above 400. How is a diabetic tag going to help the average person to "help" you? A better tag to wear is "call 911 NOW!"

The reason I hate those tags (and you should too if you are med Prof) is that if someone comes upon a diabetic person they could do more harm than good by trying to treat them. Example. Man is found down on trail acting weird, Other hiker finds him and sees that he has a Diabetic wrist bracelet. Hiker gives the diabetic some sugar "drink or food" not knowing that the man has a current BCG of 400. Hiker kills man with kindness and love trying to do the "right" thing.

Why not print instructions on a dog tag that say: roll me on my left side and keep my airway open and call 911 NOW!

edit: not directed at anyone on this thread, just trying to get everyone to think about what if's.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top