JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rent whatever you want to buy. Bigger guns are easier to shoot. Your carry gun is supposed to be "comforting" not necessarily "comfortable". While small guns are easy to carry, if you can't hit a 6" plate at 20 yards, I'd go bigger.

Biggest thing that will make a difference is a good belt and holster.

Last Edited:
You cannot make an informed decision about something like this without going to a range and actually shooting the firearms in which you are interested. For me, that meant that I wound up choosing the Glock 43X. I carried a Glock 23 (40 cal) for a long time but it's just too difficult to conceal comfortably on my frame.

Not sure on your disposition in public, but try to be the most agreeable SOB out there. Taking injury to your ego is much better than shooting someone.

Last Edited:
Glock 19, ie the standard reply. And probably for good reason. But ur in WA I see.

If going smaller I have the p365x with red dot and it's a pretty good gun. Good size for carrying and shoots well for a small gun. Keep in mind the red dot may change your carry options as it makes the gun quite a bit bigger.

As far as first 9mm, a full size gun is best imo (as solvent alluded to) cuz it's much easier to shoot well. But if only getting the one gun I suppose you have to get a smaller one that you will carry hopefully all the time.

I would focus on how you will carry it first (Fe pocket or IWB or appendix) then find what guns are acceptable size to carry in that method. Thickness and length of the grip are crucial sizes to watch here in terms of carrying. Length of grip greatly affects "printing" and thickness affects comfort (I served that one up for solvent ha ha).

Maybe call Bullseye in Tacoma, they have a range and rentals.

Also, i am biased for CZ and would recommend the P10c over your choices. Competes well against the G19. A thought.

Maybe also consider the Glock-43X or Glock-48.

You just knew a Glock fan was gonna pop in..

Curious though, why not consider the Glock 43x MOS? It's quite a bit smaller than the P320X Compact (less printable)..and carries 15+1 with the shield mag. Something to think about.

Oops, Washington not Oregon. Look at RCW 9.41, not ORS. Washington doesn't allow carry in bars or at the bar in a restaurant. You shouldn't be drinking though anyways while carrying.

Not sure on your disposition in public, but try to be the just agreeable SOB out there. Taking injury to your ego is much better than shooting someone.
Makes me think of this guy. An idiot and will probably get killed but damn that look and fake gangs signs are funny.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/O02Ye4yLfZQ?si=3juigTZjl4A7Z5Mu

Some of these gang guys let him off easy, he's gonna get beat bad someday.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/cuTbVbmTCBM?si=YgzWxfvFHKK1KYsr

You should be able to find some deals on some P320s that have only been drop-fired once.
Like here ;)

0CA5E86D-0218-4C19-8972-BB1BA0D71178.jpeg

You cannot make an informed decision about something like this without going to a range and actually shooting the firearms in which you are interested. For me, that meant that I wound up choosing the Glock 43X. I carried a Glock 23 (40 cal) for a long time but it's just too difficult to conceal comfortably on my frame.
As a firearms instructor before I retired for the 3rd time, I found those in search of their first handgun should be guided by four rules.

Find one (or two) that;
1 - fits your hand well
2 - you shoot fairly well right out of the box
3 - you can rack the slide
4 - is within your budget

Those seem to be guidelines that have held over time for me and my past students. Don't buy a handgun that's just "pretty and cool". Those are the ones that become safe queens and a waste of your time.

Once you buy your EDC, pay for training to make it a natural extension of your hand. Finally, leave your ego out of it and don't conceal carry until you've mastered the draw and gain the maturity to know what kind of responsibility you are carrying.

Good luck in your search. 👍

Not sure on your disposition in public, but try to be the just agreeable SOB out there. Taking injury to your ego is much better than shooting someone.
This is sage advice. You have to be the most humble individual in any given situation, it goes with concealed carry. Always avoiding situations, defusing them when possible, letting words slide. Doesn't mean you become a door mat, but you have to rise about the situation. Choose carefully what hill you want to die on.

You just knew a Glock fan was gonna pop in..

Curious though, why not consider the Glock 43x MOS? It's quite a bit smaller than the P320X Compact (less printable)..and carries 15+1 with the shield mag. Something to think about.
"and carries 15+1 with the shield mag. Something to think about."
Uh, not in the state of Washington, at least not technically legal. Our legislature, governor and State Supreme Court LOVES laws that violate our constitutional rights.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top