JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do you guys think that Oregon folks are going to jump through the permit hoops to buy guns? Just the permit and training will cost as much as some guns.

Last Edited:
It's just the lull after the gluttony. Happened in 08, 12, 16 and it'll happen again.

A very wise woman once told me there are three things that the American Male will find money for: Beer, Sex and Guns. Of course she was standing on a street corner just minutes before she said that, but it has stuck with me since then.
Don't forget the nicotine, caffeine, and gasoline.
😳😳

Try the real world numbers. How much higher are food prices, gas prices, rents and mortgage rates, and credit rates?
The CPI includes food, gas and rent in the calculation. It all gets averaged together, so yes, there are some items that will have higher points, but again, we're talking averages.

The CPI includes food, gas and rent in the calculation. It all gets averaged together, so yes, there are some items that will have higher points, but again, we're talking averages.
I think it's been documented elsewhere that the CPI official numbers are very low versus actual rates?

Edit. Looks like it

What they don't say is how much more in taxes you pay when inflation drives prices up. My property taxes went way up because the value was raised due to inflation yet they won't talk about that. Plus you pay more in taxes on goods as you spend to pay the higher prices. States with sales taxes are hard hit with high inflation.

What they don't say is how much more in taxes you pay when inflation drives prices up. My property taxes went way up because the value was raised due to inflation yet they won't talk about that. Plus you pay more in taxes on goods as you spend to pay the higher prices. States with sales taxes are hard hit with high inflation.
There's a lot of "it depends" in what you wrote.
1) Oregon has a 3% cap on annual property tax increase unless there's been a major change to the structure.
2) Corporate tax rates will remain approximately the same, as the cost of goods increases, it also reduces the net income and should be a wash.
3) Many, not all, take Washington for example, do not have a sales tax on uncooked food.

Do you guys think that Oregon folks are going to jump through the permit hoops to buy guns? Just the permit and training will cost as much as some guns.
All I can do is speak for myself and say I'm not planning on playing that game. That being said, If I were to find such a deal that I had to have at any cost, including my dignity I might just have to. Right now however I can't think of anything I need/want that bad.

All I can do is speak for myself and say I'm not planning on playing that game. That being said, If I were to find such a deal that I had to have at any cost, including my dignity I might just have to. Right now however I can't think of anything I need/want that bad.
That's how it started in Hawaii for me, then I had a coworker that wanted to trade me a 90s Python for a mutt M1.

Here in Klamath Falls I've lost my top two transfer FFLs; one quit doing transfers because he "didn't have room to store guns during the BGC" and the other quit doing transfers and reduced their hours to three days a week.
My third back-up shop is the stereotypical gun shop owner: he has an opinion and anyone who disagrees is an idiot. He doesn't acknowledge the "three-day release"; my last pistol transfer through him took two months.
Until things change I think I'm done doing retail purchases or transfers.

I can't imagine how it would ever be remotely viable to operate a gun store if/when either 114 or 348 go into effect. A permitting process that would easily cost hundreds of dollars, take several months, require training, etc would turn away most current gun enthusiasts who for the most part already have everything they deem essential. There was a poll on this forum where like 90% (or was it more?) indicated they won't bother. It's impossible to tell how many newcomers would be put off by the process but I would imagine it's also a huge percentage.

It's going to kill off the collector/sport shooting and hobby market. The people who need one (1) gun for self-defense or hunting will probably jump through all of the hoops.

If they get 348 through or 114 comes back, that will basically close most all guns shops...

The one I go to in Lincoln City, if they didn't fully close at least gun sales, probably 2 days a week by appointment for permit holders.

At least by owning their property and having other tenants in the complex, if all got tossed out by the courts, they could easily return to business... Can't say the same about most.

Even if it took 6 months for the courts to toss it out, it would take awhile to have small shops come back.

It's going to kill off the collector/sport shooting and hobby market. The people who need one (1) gun for self-defense or hunting will probably jump through all of the hoops.
I have to imagine even many in the latter category may decide it's not worth it. Imagine walking into a gun store (if such a thing will still even exist), saying you're looking for a self-defense handgun, and being told first you're gonna need to take a class that's going to be weeks or months out, likely in costing in the hundreds of dollars, after that you need to apply for a license, which costs anywhere from 65 to 150, and wait another few months on top of that.

I think maybe the young men will dance through all the hoops but this old guy never will. Bad enough I have to have a background check even though I have had a ccw for 50 years. Nope I won't submit to more bs. :confused:

I can, but I'm not entirely convinced on the 15% inflation per year. The official benchmark rate has been around/under 8%.
I know and watch prices, the media spew is complete and utter lies.
Gallon of rain x windshield wash was $1.99 and now is $4.99
that is 75% per year... a far cry from 15%

I know and watch prices, the media spew is complete and utter lies.
Gallon of rain x windshield wash was $1.99 and now is $4.99
that is 75% per year... a far cry from 15%
What's the difference between beer nuts and deer nuts?

Beer nuts are $2.99 at any gas station, but deer nuts are always under a buck.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews