JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sales have been up for a couple of years. A good percentage of them were first time buyers looking to protect themselves and their family. They now have the firearms they felt they needed. This counts for a portion of the drop off in sales.
For the enthusiasts like many of us, the gun control bills in OR and WA prompted us to get whatever else we felt we needed. We did that and are content, for now.

What goes up must come down, we were seeing record sales for several months in a row. That trend was bound to change. Personally, I'll move out of this state before I get a permission slip to exercise the right to buy a firearm.

What goes up must come down, we were seeing record sales for several months in a row. That trend was bound to change. Personally, I'll move out of this state before I get a permission slip to exercise the right to buy a firearm.
114 was created to ruin gun sales and drive out conservatives, it's working as planned.

During the 114 frenzie, people spent more than their budgets getting the toys they wanted while it was easy to do. Then they spent a few months spending money on optics and accessories for those toys. Now they are recovering their budgets/savings.

It will happen all over again in september once the courts get back at it and people get nervous again.

I wanted to buy a Springfield Armory P35 and a new Colt Python but I won't until they get 114 gone and forgotten. Actually have cut all my spending back as inflation is driving prices too high. Only way to get prices down is quit buying but then businesses fail. Catch 22.

Everything since oh say 2003ish have been designed to slowly drive conservatives out of State; and to bring in ever more liberals/hippies/Californians/East Coast business/lawyers...
There has been a constant fight to keep our guns and gun rights in Oregon. Democrats have ruled us over 33 years and while this may sound like a political post it's pure fact and true.

Either we get better politicians or we lose our rights.

There has been a constant fight to keep our guns and gun rights in Oregon. Democrats have ruled us over 33 years and while this may sound like a political post it's pure fact and true.

Either we get better politicians or we lose our rights.
We had a conservative majority in the Legislature until 2002ish. Senate majority up to 2000 with a split senate during 2002,.House majority up to 2004. Only the Governorship has been Democrat for over 33 years.
So like I said, everything after 2003 has been designed to reduce conservative positions/voter base one way or other.

I'm guessing that a good number of active members on this site are older rather than younger.
I hesitate to guess the average age. I read much of what members post here and that has
given me cause to believe in my age estimates. With that in mind, and judging by my own
feelings and thoughts on the subject in this thread, and that I am certainly one of the older
members, I believe that us older guys/gals are ready to climb off the soap box and just
be satisfied with consolidating. I've never been a quitter nor a person given to giving up.
But . . . . . the culture and climate that has evolved in my life span has me as angry as I've
ever been. I live in an HOA with 50 homes. Prior to M114 being voted on I went door to
door talking to the folks I knew. Mainly these are home owners, many college educated,
on the surface, decent people. They all engaged in conversation and with civility. But the
near universal answer was "Well we've have to do something". I know the expression
"sheepeople" and they are. It's the why I don't understand. What the heel ever happened to
common sense and logic? I'm too old to pack up and move or I would. This rant could go
on for pages, but who wants a novel on NWFA. I'll back out now and go open one of the
safes and fondle one of my favorites, and yes, it'll be blued and walnut. I need a drink.

I'm sure the OSPs slow/purposely delayed background checks were put in place to help create this dip in guns sales.

It's no coincidence that 114 gets held up in court and suddenly bgc go from instant to a couple weeks then to 2 months. "A new system" that eliminated the chl queue... etc.

Before 114 osp would do 8000+ checks a week to now only a few hundred at times.

The people in power on the left wouldn't mind seeing all lgs go under leaving only box stores/corporations that they know will go along with any draconian law.

Edit: I know personally several folks I've talk to said they want to get a new firearm but they don't want to face the possibility of 2 month wait.

Last Edited:
The people in power on the left wouldn't mind seeing all lgs go under leaving only box stores/corporations that they know will go along with any draconian law.
And that would also help the BATFE build up their illegal registry database using the LGS' bound books' 4473 information, at least for the Oregon database, that I wouldn't be surprised to find out eventually that the BATFE has like 50+ databases, one for each State plus territories... if they were employing competent archivists and programmers :s0140:

Edit, the OSP/State records offices probably have a version using BG checks

It seems most of you replying to this live in Ore and WA has joined your ranks of the big suck too. Sales across the board have slowed and some of my favorite shops are gone for good. Those still around are putting to much faith in the Lawyers to stop this yet so few have joined the fight. When I see the named plaintiffs its like 2-3 shops. They knew this was going to happen one way or another but didn't seem to think ahead and order what can be sold.
I would have ordered all kinds of ten round mags and the AR platform ones can be mounted side by side for 20 instead of the single 30 and Fab Defense has a mount to put 5 mags together. Lever rifles can be bought looking not so traditional and Bighorn has one in .500 Magnum. Bolt guns come any way you desire and every caliber and more, they aren't just for hunting. Make revolver sales a thing again, if it were me I would have a few high end Nighthawk 1911's and 2011's along with a couple of the beautiful Korth Revolvers. If people don't see it in the stores they generally have no idea they exist. Like the bolt guns, if I bought a used Rem 700 that was just ugly I could get an MDT Chassis and it changes not only how it looks but they increase accuracy by 28%.
Hopefully those that claim to be AR only and the like platforms are hunting for police military and contractor contracts, otherwise...like the gold rush...here and gone.

Sales have been up for a couple of years. A good percentage of them were first time buyers looking to protect themselves and their family. They now have the firearms they felt they needed. This counts for a portion of the drop off in sales.
For the enthusiasts like many of us, the gun control bills in OR and WA prompted us to get whatever else we felt we needed. We did that and are content, for now.
This.
I feel that the slowdown is just that simple.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews