JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My LGS here in Corvallis is now closed on Monday and has increased the BGC to $45 for private party transfers. They are a good group of men and one young lady. I wanted a Ruger PC Charger and paid them $50 more than I could have got it online. If this shop closes, it will cost me a lot more than $50 in travel time and fuel. I'm also not fond of having to deal with the nonsense I've read about at my nearest big-box sporting goods store.

My LGS here in Corvallis is now closed on Monday and has increased the BGC to $45 for private party transfers. They are a good group of men and one young lady. I wanted a Ruger PC Charger and paid them $50 more than I could have got it online. If this shop closes, it will cost me a lot more than $50 in travel time and fuel. I'm also not fond of having to deal with the nonsense I've read about at my nearest big-box sporting goods store.
Tick Licker?

I'm guessing that a good number of active members on this site are older rather than younger.
I hesitate to guess the average age. I read much of what members post here and that has
given me cause to believe in my age estimates. With that in mind, and judging by my own
feelings and thoughts on the subject in this thread, and that I am certainly one of the older
members, I believe that us older guys/gals are ready to climb off the soap box and just
be satisfied with consolidating. I've never been a quitter nor a person given to giving up.
But . . . . . the culture and climate that has evolved in my life span has me as angry as I've
ever been. I live in an HOA with 50 homes. Prior to M114 being voted on I went door to
door talking to the folks I knew. Mainly these are home owners, many college educated,
on the surface, decent people. They all engaged in conversation and with civility. But the
near universal answer was "Well we've have to do something". I know the expression
"sheepeople" and they are. It's the why I don't understand. What the heel ever happened to
common sense and logic? I'm too old to pack up and move or I would. This rant could go
on for pages, but who wants a novel on NWFA. I'll back out now and go open one of the
safes and fondle one of my favorites, and yes, it'll be blued and walnut. I need a drink.
Yes sir, I am one of the old guys. Lived in Oregon all my life and seen all the changes over 71 years. Fought the changes with help where we could but the tide of liberals that moved into the state ruined it. I won't waste time itemizing what was done or arguing right or wrong. Look around and you can see for yourself how the quality of life has gone down in Oregon.

That being said there are still things gun owners should do, join a gun club and vote the gun grabbers out. Teach gun safety at every chance you get and get to shooting with your friends. Make it popular and fun to go out and shoot. Do it often as you can as there is real power in things people enjoy. Have fun, that's the best thing in shooting and make fun for others.

I'm guessing that a good number of active members on this site are older rather than younger.
I hesitate to guess the average age. I read much of what members post here and that has
given me cause to believe in my age estimates. With that in mind, and judging by my own
feelings and thoughts on the subject in this thread, and that I am certainly one of the older
members, I believe that us older guys/gals are ready to climb off the soap box and just
be satisfied with consolidating. I've never been a quitter nor a person given to giving up.
But . . . . . the culture and climate that has evolved in my life span has me as angry as I've
ever been. I live in an HOA with 50 homes. Prior to M114 being voted on I went door to
door talking to the folks I knew. Mainly these are home owners, many college educated,
on the surface, decent people. They all engaged in conversation and with civility. But the
near universal answer was "Well we've have to do something". I know the expression
"sheepeople" and they are. It's the why I don't understand. What the heel ever happened to
common sense and logic? I'm too old to pack up and move or I would. This rant could go
on for pages, but who wants a novel on NWFA. I'll back out now and go open one of the
safes and fondle one of my favorites, and yes, it'll be blued and walnut. I need a drink.
Yeah, I'm no longer young as well, and currently not in a financial position to relocate (ain't gonna trade my collection for a U-Haul). No HAO for me, I live rural, but certainly get what you're saying. It's unfortunate...

BTW ... I enjoy blued and walnut as well (I think that combination is REALLY decreasing), but yesterday I scored a Ruger Old Army black powder. Stainless and walnut. Appears to be pristine & unfired. Serial number lookup suggests 1980's vintage. And, ... I done got me a drink. Thanks for the post!

It's the why I don't understand. What the heel ever happened to
common sense and logic?
So you went around to multiple home owners to have civil conversations and you still can't explain the "other side's" position without resorting to logical fallacies about them?

Sounds like you were talking, not listening.

This is a prime example of why our side is losing the culture war. If you don't take the time to truly understand someone, you have no hope of moving their position - just preaching to a wall.

So you went around to multiple home owners to have civil conversations and you still can't explain the "other side's" position without resorting to logical fallacies about them?

This is a prime example of why our side is losing the culture war. If you don't take the time to truly understand someone, you have no hope of moving their position - just preaching to a wall.
I suppose I could go into this pretty deep, but extending it may not get my thoughts across.
Regardless of your assumption, I did listen heavily and I did try to understand. I suspect you
may have made similar judgements about me as you think I did regarding my efforts,

Your assumptions do not make a "prime example".

I suppose I could go into this pretty deep, but extending it may not get my thoughts across.
Regardless of your assumption, I did listen heavily and I did try to understand. I suspect you
may have made similar judgements about me as you think I did regarding my efforts,
So, let me see if I understand.

- You went around talking to all of your neighbors
- You had many civil conversations
- You still don't know why or where their beliefs come from, to the point of strawmanning/adHoms
- You name call your neighbors on a site they know nothing about, but is public regardless

I haven't made any assumptions - I'm taking you at the face value of your written word.

And it certainly sounds like you didn't see eye to eye with your neighbors on a topic, failed to understand their point of view to such a degree that you can't fathom the least bit of respect for it, then hopped onto a gun forum to find "like minded" people to denigrate your neighbors to. Sound about right? Because that is what you wrote.

Would you feel like you listened well if you saw the above written by your neighbors to their forum friends, making fun of you for your beliefs?

Now the p match is out of the way, what was this thread about again?

Last Edited:
Agree with most of what has been said here.

The gun business is predicated on repeat buyers. IMO anytime gun mfg.'s release something that is actually interesting it sells out immediately and remains sold out for long periods of time. A lot of guns are dealer "allocated" which means a small LGS will never get them (S&W revolvers are a great example of this). The gun mfg.'s all seem to be fixated on building the next P365/G19 and there is a huge glut of boring stuff on the shelves. People don't collect stuff like that. They buy 1-2 for personal protection.

It's just the lull after the gluttony. Happened in 08, 12, 16 and it'll happen again.

A very wise woman once told me there are three things that the American Male will find money for: Beer, Sex and Guns. Of course she was standing on a street corner just minutes before she said that, but it has stuck with me since then.

A very wise woman once told me there are three things that the American Male will find money for: Beer, Sex and Guns. Of course she was standing on a street corner just minutes before she said that
What does the corner of the street have to do with it?

Oh......

but it has stuck with me since then.
Herpes will definitely stick with ya.

Last Edited:
Well, if two years ago you invested $100,000 into the Dow Jones, you're balance now shows $96,400.00 Adjust that for inflation and you are now at $67,480.00.

We are still getting ahead but it is not like it used to be.

Purchasing more guns is probably not in the cards for me, defiantly not this year.

Well, if two years ago you invested $100,000 into the Dow Jones, you're balance now shows $96,400.00 Adjust that for inflation and you are now at $67,480.00.

We are still getting ahead but it is not like it used to be.

Purchasing more guns is probably not in the cards for me, defiantly not this year.
I'm curious on your math on this one.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top