JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just recently finished my first ever AR, what a kick.

1. 80% Billet lower

2. Aero Precision stripped upper

3. PSA LPK that included an ALG Combat trigger. Awesome trigger, very crisp .5.5lbs

4. PSA BCG and bolt

5. Black Hole Weaponry 18" SS barrel with 3 polygonal lands.

6. Stark pistol grip with built in trigger guard.

7. Commercial buffer tube.

8. Mako Group Recoil-reducing M4/AR-15 Stock & Adj. cheek piece

9. No name free float handgaurd with custom Picatinny where I wanted it.

10. Magpul MBUS sights.

11. Leepers riser for the Burris

Because of great deals and patience I have way less than what a comparable gun would cost to buy turnkey and had a blast building it. Next up is a 300 BLK upper to set atop it. Haven't settled on optics yet but had the Burris from my Sight Mount demos so used it for now. After 10 rounds to sight in I shot sub MOA from a fence post. I'm happy.

2znti4z.jpg

2wrg9s6.jpg

33af0yb.jpg

33e1jfc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent first build! You are missing the point of AR's though. I say this based on your .300BO upper desires... It's too addictive, and you'll wind up needing to take it to the next level and build another lower... from an 80% lower that you mill out yourself!

Join the dark side... It is your destiny!

:D

You might want to turn the mag release bolt in a couple of turns.
It generally needs to be flush with the mag release button.
Otherwise you could have feeding issues with certain magazines.

What would you say was the hardest part to assemble in the build?
Excellent first build! You are missing the point of AR's though. I say this based on your .300BO upper desires... It's too addictive, and you'll wind up needing to take it to the next level and build another lower... from an 80% lower that you mill out yourself!

Join the dark side... It is your destiny!

:D
OH I'm in hook line and sinker since posting this I have built a number of them including the 300BLK. I know w/o pics it didn't happen so I will try to post some soon. ;)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top