JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am not saying all teachers and schools are bad.

Here is why I believe public school in general is and has gone down hill;

1. Public schools have stepped away from the teachings of Christianity into solely Darwinistic teachings even when children and parents still want Christianity taught also.
2. Schools are teaching sex education to the elementary school students as early as kindergarten.
3. Schools are suspending young children for drawing guns on paper, wearing NRA t-shirts and for even having food in the shape of firearms.
4. Schools are and has been accepting rewritten curriculum that has degraded the founding fathers, the American history and moral ways of life.
5. Schools are teaching that homosexuality is a normal lifestyle and is encouraged.
6. And much more I am sure....

That's quite the bubble you live in.

Public schools are PUBLIC, not private. If you want your flavor of religion taught, send your child to a private school or take them to church. As for the Darwinism piece, natural selection is but a small part of the science curriculum. BTW, just what is it you think those "Darwinistic teachings" are.

Have you looked at the sex ed program for the schools in your area? Any idea what is taught and when? How about what state law has to say about content? Are you suggesting that teachers are instructing five-year-olds in the fine art of coitus? If not, then be specific about your complaint.

Yes there are idiots who are taking the actions referred to in number 3. It's a small number of idiots and they make the news because their actions sell papers and get viewers. Should I assume that gun owners everywhere are irresponsible because there are deaths due to improper gun storage and handling practices?

The rest is just more clueless screed.

Back to the OP, did the student have his rights violated? Yes. Is this generalizable to the nation's public schools as a whole? No.

Public schools are PUBLIC, not private. If you want your flavor of religion taught, send your child to a private school or take them to church. As for the Darwinism piece, natural selection is but a small part of the science curriculum. BTW, just what is it you think those "Darwinistic teachings" are.

Have you looked at the sex ed program for the schools in your area? Any idea what is taught and when? How about what state law has to say about content? Are you suggesting that teachers are instructing five-year-olds in the fine art of coitus? If not, then be specific about your complaint.

Yes there are idiots who are taking the actions referred to in number 3. It's a small number of idiots and they make the news because their actions sell papers and get viewers. Should I assume that gun owners everywhere are irresponsible because there are deaths due to improper gun storage and handling practices?

Back to the OP, did the student have his rights violated? Yes. Is this generalizable to the nation's public schools as a whole? No.

You can say what you will but go Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc... whatever the American education system and see for yourself what shows up. The majority of what you will find is that the national public school system as a whole is not what it used to be here in American. Read the comments, look at polls, there will be loads and loads of discussions on how and why it is in the state it is. I gave my opinion.

Now back to my bubble I guess.

:s0155:
One thing a topic like this does do is bring out the leftist trolls and lets everyone know who they are.

As for the education system, there is nothing that can be said to make it look good anymore.
I could put a thousand links to stories of the absurd things happening in the schools from pushing anti American, Blame America views to Pushing Islamic teachings, while denying any other belief.
CRAMMING sex ed to 2nd graders, to teachers molesting kids right and left
It IS that far gone.
The deniers are part of the problem, and not much can be gained here by argueing with them. just begin writing to everyone you know and as we do with the 2nd Amendment, do it tenaciously and without letup.
The Country, the Constitution and a free way of life will be lost soon unless it is corrected.
IT IS THE ROOT OF AMERICA'S CURRENT ILL STATE OF AFFAIRS.

Last Edited:
You guys act as if this is a new issue.

In 1859, John Stuart Mill said "A general State education is a mere contrivance for moulding people to be exactly like one another; and as the mould in which it casts them is that which pleases the dominant power in the government, whether this be a monarch, an aristocracy, or a majority of the existing generation; in proportion as it is efficient and successful, it establishes a despotism over the mind, leading by a natural tendency to one over the body."

Mill, John Stuart. On Liberty. 1859
<broken link removed>

I love it, reality stikes deep!

Its one of the main foundations of law, or at least I believe. I believe our fore-fathers wrote our Constitution with the understanding of and how Free Will actually works.

Yes it is the basis of law, and every time you try to say it they will argue and deny it.
Liberal left mentally rewrites everything that does not conform to "their" control methods.
Everything about the left is about Control, and denial of others rights, but not theirs.

Here look at this about the esteemed Princeton University. Maybe one of the main reason the American education system is failing....

History of Princeton University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"In the early 20th century liberal Christians came to dominate Princeton University, a former evangelical stronghold. In 1915 Princeton University president John Grier Hibben refused the request of evangelist Billy Sunday to preach on campus, but later allowed liberal theologian Albert Parker Fitch to do so. Liberals sought to make Princeton a modern university that promoted a liberal philosophy of education and liberal theology. Conservative Christians considered the teachings of the liberals to be heresy and sought to get Lucius H. Miller, the liberal professor of Bible studies, removed from the faculty and to have Bible classes eliminated from the curriculum. Liberals favored retaining the religious aspects of the curriculum and, since they came to control Princeton, they were able to maintain those courses along with various institutions that promoted liberal piety. They did this through an uneasy alliance with cultural modernists on the faculty. Gradually the hegemony of the liberal Christian leaders of higher education was eroded by the secularization of the university that occurred during the first half of the 20th century. Princeton thus ceased being a Presbyterian institution in the 1920s, as symbolized by the building of a great interdenominational chapel."

Another good read..... <broken link removed>

"SECULARIZATION OF PUBLIC EDUCATION
Changes in Focus

Education had always been linked with religion in Western culture. After World War II, however, educators became more interested in secular issues and concerned themselves with teaching democracy and other sociological ideas. Secularization became widespread, although there was much protest from religious communities. The debate over the role of religion in American education was long-standing, and it was made greater by the impact of the war. Although many American universities have their roots in a particular religious institution, most had become secular by the twentieth century. Curricula in American public schools up through the 1920s usually included Bible study and religious instructional practices that drew objections from progressives. After the war progressives pointed to the success of Fascist indoctrination (such as the Hitler Youth) and the Holocaust to argue that religious instruction was doctrinaire and intolerant. Traditionalists argued the opposite: to them, totalitarianism and other social ills were in part related to secular education. Eleanor Roosevelt attacked progressive education in February 1947, saying, "All over this country people are troubled ... at the way delinquency extends down to even small children. I sometimes wonder if what is commonly called progressive education, in the effort to make children enjoy school and develop their individual personalities, has not done away with some of the essential disciplines. These disciplines made education in the old days...seem somewhat harsh at times, but even children came to recognize that...they were valuable." Roman Catholic educators in particular called for a return to religious instruction and government support for private education."

Public schools are PUBLIC, not private. If you want your flavor of religion taught, send your child to a private school or take them to church.

Amen-RA to that one! If I had a kid I wouldn't want a geographic birth lottery belief system shoved on him or her. Enough delusion to spread around without that crap, but hey, that's just me Joe PUBLIC citizen and Catholic school survivor.

I spent a short vacation with a very devout Christian in March who read the Bible twice a year for 20 years, went to church twice a week, and was an assistant youth pastor for years. After I got done with him he is no longer among the 'flock', so beware FofF!

I brought probably 100 or more people one on one to 'salvation' myself back in the day believe it or not - bleech. Not interested in going on a crusade to reverse past mistakes.

All in good humor though, it is someone's right to believe anything they want and I respect that. The gentleman above just made the mistake of asking me why I was no longer a believer, as in was I a 'backslider, etc' - that is all, so I told him; it just took a few hours.

I don't mind at all about the Christian thing as long as I don't have to hear about it anymore. I would just as soon leave people in a happy place, if that makes them happy.

Some of the people I really like the most on here are believers, so dammit, I try to go with the flow on 90% of comments made. I know the 'rules' here, but there has to be a fair balance of opinion when the rules are bent.

... and no - I am far, far from perfect in any way.

This has drifted way off course from the original post about a young man and his rights as an American being violated and has dissolved into a religious/political he said she said. Damn shame folks. The shirt the young man wore for which he was accused accosted and arrested and the rights violated were the issue if I recall correctly. Please leave at that. There is no quicker way to get a closed thread than the direction this has taken.

The Founders profoundly agree with Father of Four and I. You are the revolutionary

This has drifted way off course from the original post about a young man and his rights as an American being violated and has dissolved into a religious/political he said she said. Damn shame folks. The shirt the young man wore for which he was accused accosted and arrested and the rights violated were the issue if I recall correctly. Please leave at that. There is no quicker way to get a closed thread than the direction this has taken.

I am not ashamed but I do apologize for my part at going off topic.

I hope the teen wins in court, then sues the school, the court, the police and they personally have to pay for infringing on his rights.

:s0155:
One thing a topic like this does do is bring out the leftist trolls and lets everyone know who they are.

As for the education system, there is nothing that can be said to make it look good anymore.
I could put a thousand links to stories of the absurd things happening in the schools from pushing anti American, Blame America views to Pushing Islamic teachings, while denying any other belief.
CRAMMING sex ed to 2nd graders, to teachers molesting kids right and left
It IS that far gone.
The deniers are part of the problem, and not much can be gained here by argueing with them. just begin writing to everyone you know and as we do with the 2nd Amendment, do it tenaciously and without letup.
The Country, the Constitution and a free way of life will be lost soon unless it is corrected.
IT IS THE ROOT OF AMERICA'S CURRENT ILL STATE OF AFFAIRS.

Run for state superintendant of education and start making the changes you think the system needs.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top