JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Democratic debate used all the emotional buzzwords to justify gun control. Ban "Assault Weapons" and "Weapons of War" in civilian hands. Unless you're very well-heeled, an actual "Assault Weapon" is an extravagant purchase on par with a family car. Heck, my current daily driver is worth less than the gun on my wall at the moment.
We need to come together and make it clear that if a debate is desired, these emotional and meaningless misdirections are not to be tolerated. Hearing Biden talk about how many clips should be in a gun was a "throw the coffee at the TV" moment. We need to be a united community if we're going to survive. This is the time. Take a friend to the range. Plink with a kid. Be an example. A death of a thousand cuts still kills.

I hate the term "Gun Violence".o_O Recent gang bang shooting in Portland and
the local news refers to it as "Gun Violence". It involves under age and/or felon
in possession of a firearm. But it is the gun's fault.:eek::eek: Another gun law will
keep us all safe.:mad: How about enforcing the Federal 'Felon in Possession of a Firearm'
a 10 years mandatory Federal crime.:oops:

I hate the term "Gun Violence".o_O Recent gang bang shooting in Portland and
the local news refers to it as "Gun Violence". It involves under age and/or felon
in possession of a firearm. But it is the gun's fault.:eek::eek: Another gun law will
keep us all safe.:mad: How about enforcing the Federal 'Felon in Possession of a Firearm'
a 10 years mandatory Federal crime.:oops:

When the agenda is to get guns banned, actually enforcing the law that would reduce violent crime is counterproductive toward those means...

Imagine the hoopla if people started showing up with signs that read, "Ban all men born after 1991 from owning a handgun" or "Ban all women from owning a firearm".

Note: I'm not advocating we ban firearm ownership from anyone.

Yes education is key...the more you know the less you fear.
With that said...

It is also important to remember that when you say or are doing anything with or about firearms , you , like it or not , represent all gun owners.
What you say and do can be seen as how all gun owners think and act...Which can be helpful or harmful.

Many folks like generalizations and blanket statements...its easy to say : "They" as in a all encompassing They...
Don't be the bad example for a "They" statement.

Without the proper context and qualifiers words and actions can easily be seen as something else.

Please note that I am not saying that one must be overly sensitive or "PC" in thought , word or deed.
Just be aware that what you say and do , may be the example that ends up on the news or used as a stereotype...
We don't need to give the anti-gun folks any ammo...
Andy

Yes education is key...the more you know the less you fear.
With that said...

It is also important to remember that when you say or are doing anything with or about firearms , you , like it or not , represent all gun owners.
What you say and do can be seen as how all gun owners think and act...Which can be helpful or harmful.

Many folks like generalizations and blanket statements...its easy to say : "They" as in a all encompassing They...
Don't be the bad example for a "They" statement.

Without the proper context and qualifiers words and actions can easily be seen as something else.

Please note that I am not saying that one must be overly sensitive or "PC" in thought , word or deed.
Just be aware that what you say and do , may be the example that ends up on the news or used as a stereotype...
We don't need to give the anti-gun folks any ammo...
Andy

I really wanna buy this guy a beer.

I hate the term "Gun Violence"

Yes, this.

We must fight to correct this term (and many others) every time they are used. My wife (very pro 2A) repeated this the other day (just quoting what an anti 2A person said). We had a detailed discussion on this. Correct words and data are powerful, especially with folks who are middle of the road and only hear media buzzwords all day.

We also need to elect Andy, the voice of reason, as dictator of the Northwest.;)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top