JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had that been me getting accosted by that lady, she may have gotten just enough of my boot up her arse (not a full on beat down, mind you) to back her off until the cops arrived... best part is, it would have been all on video and shown self-defense.

Thats funny, except that she probably is a teacher and there are far too many with the same attitude.
Most do not even know whats in the constitution and are products of the same anti US attitudes and false beliefs. They have boiled the frog too long. It has to be changed.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Thats funny, except that she probably is a teacher and there are far too many with the same attitude.
Most do not even know whats in the constitution and are products of the same anti US attitudes and false beliefs. They have boiled the frog too long. It has to be changed.

When is the last time any of you guys that claim to know everything about education spent any time at all in a public school? And by time, I mean more than a few minutes.

Yep. We need to get rid of schools so we can have several generations of uneducated and under/unemployable folks so that we can have societies like the ones we seems to disdain on this forum.

Government and the courts have taken God out of schools in order to maintain a seperation of church and state. If you want God in you kids education you have many options. We have kids that attend a variety of Christian schools but compete in our athletic programs at a public school. It all works out.

Schools DO NOT minimize parental involvment. The opposite is true. Schools want parents involved. Kids do better when they have parents who care what happens in school. Schools have parent teacher conferences. This is a frustrating time for the teachers I work with because parental involvment is mediocre at best. And invariably the teachers that do have parents show up tend to be of kids who are doing well in school. There are also policy and procedures in place for teachers, counselors, and administrators to contact the family of students who either fail to come to school, are problems and distractions in the classroom, or are underperforming and need to have academic modifications put in place. Don't automatically blame schools for problems. There are variables that schools have to deal with that aren't school related.

As to the OP. I hope some heads roll for the handling of the issue.

I don't blame schools for the problem I blame the communist teachers unions and the progressive party agenda. We all understand you get paid to say what you say about it cause you got gov skin in the game as in a paycheck.

I don't blame schools for the problem I blame the communist teachers unions and the progressive party agenda. We all understand you get paid to say what you say about it cause you got gov skin in the game as in a paycheck.

My wife has been a special ed teacher for 35 years and she isn't a communist and doesn't know any communists. Bush was the one to make the schools the dismal and failing "no child left behind" model they are now - was he a progressive?

Yep. We need to get rid of schools so we can have several generations of uneducated and under/unemployable folks so that we can have societies like the ones we seems to disdain on this forum.

<Br>
Why do you bother to hang on this forum if you dont like the people here? To harass and jab ?
<Br>

Government and the courts have taken God out of schools in order to maintain a seperation of church and state. If you want God in you kids education you have many options. We have kids that attend a variety of Christian schools but compete in our athletic programs at a public school. It all works out.

Schools DO NOT minimize parental involvment. The opposite is true. Schools want parents involved. Kids do better when they have parents who care what happens in school. Schools have parent teacher conferences. This is a frustrating time for the teachers I work with because parental involvment is mediocre at best. And invariably the teachers that do have parents show up tend to be of kids who are doing well in school. There are also policy and procedures in place for teachers, counselors, and administrators to contact the family of students who either fail to come to school, are problems and distractions in the classroom, or are underperforming and need to have academic modifications put in place. Don't automatically blame schools for problems. There are variables that schools have to deal with that aren't school related.

As to the OP. I hope some heads roll for the handling of the issue.

The only parental involvement they want and accept is "progressive leftist minded parents" Someone that actually wants their kids taught truth and accurate history and pride in their country are unwelcome. Competitive spirit and morality are no longer in the curriculum of 80% of the schools.
Teachers and coaches molesting kids seems to be the norm now.
Dumbing down and building mindless conforming robots is what the government and other subversive elements have all but destroyed American education.

When is the last time any of you guys that claim to know everything about education spent any time at all in a public school? And by time, I mean more than a few minutes.

I do not claim to know everything about education.

Would you please tell us how great the public schools are theses days? Give us a few examples so we can turn away from our biased views of state run curriculum.

Taku,

Yes, isn't that just disgusting. If remember being sent home in school for wearing a NAZARETH t-shirt (hahaha); all it said was that in big red letters - the band - it was taken as being religious - now they were messing with a Son of a B!

I've made another observation in the last ten years or so.

Just 10-15 years ago when you went to an outdoor event - a beer fest, the Rose Festival, a baseball game, whatever - many people would wear t-shirts with messages on them. Even light hearted ones. People that are into sports don't even want to wear their team name for fear of being harassed or ridiculed for it.

Now, go look around at the next event you go to and you will see the same (of course AT a sporting event you will see jerseys and the like, I am talking about an outdoor 'general' event here. Almost NONE. Why? Because today people (through social programming delivered by people like Edward Bernais) want to be clones of one another, to be accepted in the hive, more than EVER BEFORE. That is why people, when they learn certain truths, almost get into a panic at first.

People are afraid to be different in any way. It is in our DNA to worship authority and to want to be all the same.

It is subtle stuff like this that gets by most people, but if you look around you will see it. We are becoming more of directed and manipulated hive everyday. Government programming centers (schools) facilitate that; Jesuits used to say give me a boy 'til age 7 and I'll give you the man for life. Once programmed, people rarely step out of the box.

I wear T shirts with messages like

You're on my to do list

And

P-ing off the planet, one person at a time

I have a computer science degree, in spite of being persecuted by my government professor because I dared in class to refute his absurd government-controlled militia version of the 2nd amendment

Heather has two mommies and it takes a village says it all. Government schools are one of the 10 planks of the communist manifesto for takeover of a free nation

My wife has been a special ed teacher for 35 years and she isn't a communist and doesn't know any communists. Bush was the one to make the schools the dismal and failing "no child left behind" model they are now - was he a progressive?

I am sure not all teachers are bad, heck I would imagine that many stay as teachers to help fight against the indoctrinations that are being taught. I myself have spoken to more then a few teachers that disagree with the way the school system is now and has been for a long time. No not all are communists or would even admit it openly if they where. I am sure that you should be able to persuade us of the greatness that Americas schools operate in since you have a wife who has been a teacher for so long.

I think Bush was a wolf in sheeps clothing. So is Obama, or was for those who voted him in...twice.

I am sure not all teachers are bad, heck I would imagine that many stay as teachers to help fight against the indoctrinations that are being taught. I myself have spoken to more then a few teachers that disagree with the way the school system is now and has been for a long time. No not all are communists or would even admit it openly if they where. I am sure that you should be able to persuade us of the greatness that Americas schools operate in since you have a wife who has been a teacher for so long.

I think Bush was a wolf in sheeps clothing. So is Obama, or was for those who voted him in...twice.

My dad was a teacher for 39 years and I have been at it now for going on 25. I have friends who've recently retired having any where from 30 - 38 years of teaching. Speaking for all of us: none of us got into this thinking we would get rich. None of us got into this to indroctinate kids. None of us appreciate folks who can make anonymous comments about us personally or haven't stepped into a school since they graduated however many years previous. Schools can always use volunteers. Volunteer and spend some time seeing what actually goes on before making assinine claims of communist education and anti-gun efforts.

Please go back and read my post. I did not say anything about teachers. Besides there is a huge difference from rual schools and the metro schools. If you don't think schools are being used by the progressive party then you are either ok with it or not paying attention. either way its not about you or your wife.

Im sorry, you think we need to step into a class room to see how poorly the education systems is broken?...I think not sir.
I have kids and grankids, I immediately realized in this country since the "No child left behind joke" that I had to educate my children, they too are aware, & they educate their children...sorry..... but try not to be too touchy, no one is holding you personally for a failed education system

I am not saying all teachers and schools are bad.

Here is why I believe public school in general is and has gone down hill;

1. Public schools have stepped away from the teachings of Christianity into solely Darwinistic teachings even when children and parents still want Christianity taught also.
2. Schools are teaching sex education to the elementary school students as early as kindergarten.
3. Schools are suspending young children for drawing guns on paper, wearing NRA t-shirts and for even having food in the shape of firearms.
4. Schools are and has been accepting rewritten curriculum that has degraded the founding fathers, the American history and moral ways of life.
5. Schools are teaching that homosexuality is a normal lifestyle and is encouraged.
6. And much more I am sure....

I am not saying all teachers and schools are bad.

Here is why I believe public school in general is and has gone down hill;

1. Public schools have stepped away from the teachings of Christianity into solely Darwinistic teachings even when children and parents still want Christianity taught also.
2. Schools are teaching sex education to the elementary school students as early as kindergarten.
3. Schools are suspending young children for drawing guns on paper, wearing NRA t-shirts and for even having food in the shape of firearms.
4. Schools are and has been accepting rewritten curriculum that has degraded the founding fathers, the American history and moral ways of life.
5. Schools are teaching that homosexuality is a normal lifestyle and is encouraged.
6. And much more I am sure....

Don't forget its ok to have sex with our teachers just for extra credit though:s0114:

Why the need to volunteer? Spill the beans, Tell us why we should look at public school in a favorable light. With all that experience give us some examples.

There is all this bubbleguming about public ed and I would bet 90% or greater of those bubbleguming have neither crossed the threshold of a school since they were in it or have kids in them. Volunteer so you can speak from experience.

This sorry education system is actually a result of the slow push from the far left since the 60's.
Bush didn't do it obunga didn't do it although he perpetuates it. But blame lies with the inattention of parents and allowing it to slowly "sick" progress to where it is now.
We cannot take that long to correct the problem, or we'll lose this country.

You guys act as if this is a new issue.

In 1859, John Stuart Mill said "A general State education is a mere contrivance for moulding people to be exactly like one another; and as the mould in which it casts them is that which pleases the dominant power in the government, whether this be a monarch, an aristocracy, or a majority of the existing generation; in proportion as it is efficient and successful, it establishes a despotism over the mind, leading by a natural tendency to one over the body."

Mill, John Stuart. On Liberty. 1859
<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews