JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Glad I never got into social media! Always thought it was dumb ! Here's the quick of it! In grade school, write a note about does Suzi like Bobby? Check Yes or No! Social media freaking idiocy! Guess what? Freaking go call someone! Write a freaking letter! Put down the fat greasy burger and fries and go for a walk ! Take back your nads!
:s0146::s0135::s0001:
Social media is part of why we are where we are now, some good... a lot of bad. People don't see how easily manipulated their feelings are, and they become irrational and belligerent.

For the record, I am anti-social media and do abhor Twitter and the like. I looked for a news article to share this information, but did not see one.

-Robert

In reality with our two party system it's a binary choice - if you're against Trump you have no choice but to be for the other guy unless you want to throw away your vote entirely.

That said, I don't recall all the pro2A legislation during Trump's administration, but maybe I missed it. With all of the new gun owners however, if this board didn't require strict adherence to right wing politics to feel even remotely welcome, it seems to me there's rich load of potential 2A supporters to be mined. As it is, any "lib" who bought a gun in the last 10 months is likely to take one look at this board and run for the closest Starbucks latte.
This board is far from the most conservative that I've seen. The powers that be here go to great lengths to try to make everyone feel welcome. That's been discussed ad infinitum. The "right wing politics" is simply the nature of a board dedicated to the preservation of the Second Amendment, as the left has long hated the right to bear arms. It's simply human nature that most 2A supporters are going to be right of center. This is no different from any internet board. Your sensitivity to this supposed right wing adherence is simply due to your own ideology, which is well known.

Trying to paint Trump as against 2A is ridiculous if you understand the realities of politics at all, and it's even more absurd to try to claim that Biden is any less than an extreme threat to the Second Amendment.

Just because they other guy in the canoe is dumb enough to shoot, you don't have to punch your own holes in the boat.

Please don't mistake my concern with naiveté. I run a business and have employees and understand the consequences of taking a public position. THAT is not my concern here.

I don't care if the Barista and I don't see eye to eye. But if my grocery store, which I know is already not 2A friendly, starts doing the same thing to me (please confirm that you neither voted for Trump or own guns, etc), THAT is gonna be a problem.
Way too long has this attitude been held by conservatives to be honest. That's why they(liberals) have the ground they do is because they keep attacking. You can not gain ground in a war using purely defense......

I've seen this technique in contracting more than once—when you have more prospective business than you can handle, Over a long enough time scale, then you get to A) set your price, and B) choose/qualify who you want to work with. I've heard ofolks doubling their rates—"but you'll lose have your businesss!"
sure, but I'll make the same money only doing half the work.

edited to fix a couple typos

This board is far from the most conservative that I've seen. The powers that be here go to great lengths to try to make everyone feel welcome. That's been discussed ad infinitum. The "right wing politics" is simply the nature of a board dedicated to the preservation of the Second Amendment, as the left has long hated the right to bear arms. It's simply human nature that most 2A supporters are going to be right of center. This is no different from any internet board. Your sensitivity to this supposed right wing adherence is simply due to your own ideology, which is well known.

Trying to paint Trump as against 2A is ridiculous if you understand the realities of politics at all, and it's even more absurd to try to claim that Biden is any less than an extreme threat to the Second Amendment.

He banned bump-stocks via executive action and failed to repeal any current laws or expand what remaining freedoms we do have. We don't have to paint him as anti 2A, he implemented more gun control in four years than Obama did in eight.

Last Edited:
I have an old acquaintance I used to work with, who's on facebook openly calling for mass arrests of "Trump supporters", and forced re-education before they're allowed back into society. It's scary to realize that fringe radical stuff like is becoming mainstream thought on the left. I never thought I'd ever have to worry about my job and the ability to support my family because of my beliefs, at least not in the United States of America.

Where are our Biden voters here condemning insanity like this? They get offended at some tiny little gun shop practicing political discrimination, but seem to be completely fine with trillion dollar mega-corporations doing what they're doing on a grand scale.

Where are the old-school liberals who would condemn stuff like this on either side? Whatever happened to the traditional American ideal of diligently defending your ideological opponent's rights?

The left is working hand-in-glove with big business to oppress and force their values on everyone, much like the fascists did. They're using Brownshirts/Antifa, just like fascists. In their fight against fascism, they have become fascists.
Is your 'old acquaintance' willing to go door to door, by himself and begin making his proposed 'mass arrests'....or is he waiting for someone else's husband to do it?

He banned bump-stocks via executive action and failed to repeal any current laws or expand what remaining freedoms we do have. We don't have to paint him as anti 2A, he implemented more gun control in four years than Obama did in eight.

^^^

THIS and there was a lot that he could have done but he did not DO when he had the chance to do it. Many areas and not only in gun issues.

Slippery slope - what a shame.

And by his (Trump's.) actions and WORDS coming out of his own mouth - not fake news as many people SAY, at one very SPECIFIC White House meeting with Diane F. and others, with his verbal comments, pathetic tweets, and other meetings with RED STATE and other states governors - he INFLUENCED many, many R governors, mayors, and other R politicians NOT only the Dems when it came to MORE GUN LAWS, bans, age restrictions, etc.

That is a fact that so many conservatives (?!? - LOL) continue to IGNORE or EXCUSE just because he calls himself a R or states some words (Out of his mouth or former Twitter account!) that his CROWDS want to hear - tickle their ears.

It is NO different than when any other R or D tickles the ears of some people especially if some of them adore their leaders like some cult followers.

Cate

PS: For the record, I watched that one long meeting (White House one with Diane F. getting almost orgasmic over TRUMP'S WORDS about taking the guns first - Red Flag Laws and more!) and OTHER meetings many times. She acted really strange at that table for sure! OMG!

They were not snippets but the ENTIRE MEETINGS and they were on 2 boob tubes (OTA) and off of 2 computer systems.

The .gov folks already had LAWS ON THE BOOKS concerning some of those issues but he kept on insisting that RED FLAG LAWS and taking the guns first was a good idea.

He really was and IS dumb when it comes to some things especially in GUN ISSUES.

Trojan Horse - con man in gun issues? I think so. I will leave it there so the thread does not get derailed.

Biden is dumb, senile and/or crazy like a fox like HC and others in their party when it comes to being an ANTI RKBA person and anti Constitution too!

Biden and others of his ILK (D/R) have told Americans explicitly what they want to do with GUNS and other anti American ideas so that is nothing new at all.

So are many other Ds and Rs unfortunately when it comes to the RKBA issue!

Cate

I am an adult and do not have Disney+.

I did watch the entire clip.

Thanks for sharing.

I don't have those things for viewing like Disney, etc. but I did read about what happened.

I did not see the video clip posted on here.

Cate

In Greek Mythology there is a creature the offspring of Typhon and Echidna. Anyone who attempted to behead the Hydra found that as soon as one head was cut off, two more heads would emerge from the fresh wound. Welcome to our current political leaders! "2 parties/ same beast" removal of the head of one side and 2 others replace it. Knee jerk reactions are everyone's problems and everyone has forgotten the basics of what allows them in office. Corporations giving them money! And people that vote on the basis of tradition, cultural influence, one of the empty promises or lack of effort in the candidates background, views and/or morales!

:s0146: :s0066:

Those things ARE oppressive, but a 'Purity Test' to engage in commerce is another level of bad, IMHO.

I agree with this.

Thank you.

Side note and not directed to you:

If someone does not want my business because I was not for 'their man' - screw them and the horse that they rode in on!

Most of the time, when I saw - past tense OR see how - present tense how some companies are in today's world - I have already shut them OUT of my life and home long BEFORE it was or became a POPULAR thing to do.

That is old news for me to do some things in my life.

I did not click on any poll.

My MT husband was for Trump since he did not want Biden in 2020. He liked other people much more (True conservatives.) but he made HIS choice.

I was not for Trump or Biden in 2020.

BOTH of us were NOT for HC or Trump in 2016. We supported other conservatives and a few libertarians.

Everything that I said a long time ago has come true from 2015 and on but I did not tell my husband, "I told you so!", every single day when it came to ALL PEOPLE in the District of Criminals or at the State Capitol.

Cate

What if...
Fenix refused to sell to :
Trump voters...
Women....
Minorities , pick your choice here....
Those who go to church , a specific church or no church at all....

My point here is that , if it can done to one group of people , it can be done to any group of people.
So be careful of what you wish for or like as a action.
Andy

he implemented more gun control in four years than Obama did in eight.

That's not true, Obama banned Russian imports of firearms and surplus 7N6. That is a much bigger hit than a cheese dick gimmick.

Not to mention what he tried to get passed, AWB 2.0, M855 ban etc.

I'm not supporting Trump pushing for the bump stock ban, he was dead wrong, but saying Obama (or Biden) is more gun friendly is a bad argument. I'll take a POTUS that's indifferent to gun rights over one that actively is attempting to destroy the 2A any day.

What if...
Fenix refused to sell to :
Trump voters...
Women....
Minorities , pick your choice here....
Those who go to church , a specific church or no church at all....

My point here is that , if it can done to one group of people , it can be done to any group of people.
So be careful of what you wish for or like as a action.
Andy

^^^
This is true.

Examples:

My late husband was tall, lean, blond until his hair turned silver and he had blue eyes. My late Mom was like him in many ways - tall, same coloring, etc. BOTH of them wore Rx eyeglasses too.

What IF some store only wanted to wait on them/sell to them due to their LOOKS but they would not wait on shorter, smaller ladies especially old ladies LIKE ME now @ 70 years old who have brown/grey hair, brown eyes and have worn Rx eyeglasses since I was 5 years old?!

Am I considered a person who is not GOOD ENOUGH or worthy enough to buy one or more items in the store's business? What if I have a bad day and have to use my cane? Am I too WEAK to be considered a good customer? My money is not good enough?

IF some donkey business owner asked me this on WHO I WAS FOR (I was NOT for the top 2 candidates!) OR as a customer due to my looks, my Christian religion, my old fashioned beliefs that I do NOT SHOVE DOWN any person's throat - to each their own even if I do NOT believe the same way as THEY DO, my hard core RKBA belief system, etc. - I would TELL THEM to shove it.

I don't walk around telling people that I am this or that either when it comes to being a married lady to a gentleman. Late husband or to my MT husband.

IT is no one's business what I AM as a lady or a female. I never felt the need to yell out my sex or that I was a heterosexual either.

I never yelled out, "I am woman - hear me roar!", SALAMI either. I never felt the NEED TO DO THAT and I most certainly did NOT have to PROVE MY WORTH to the important people in my PERSONAL life or in my career as an employee or when I was self employed!

Old Lady Cate

^^^
This is true.

Examples:

My late husband was tall, lean, blond until his hair turned silver and he had blue eyes. My late Mom was like him in many ways - tall, same coloring, etc. BOTH of them wore Rx eyeglasses too.

What IF some store only wanted to wait on them/sell to them due to their LOOKS but they would not wait on shorter, smaller ladies especially old ladies LIKE ME now @ 70 years old who have brown/grey hair, brown eyes and have worn Rx eyeglasses since I was 5 years old?!

Am I considered a person who is not GOOD ENOUGH or worthy enough to buy one or more items in the store's business? What if I have a bad day and have to use my cane? Am I too WEAK to be considered a good customer? My money is not good enough?

IF some donkey business owner asked me this on WHO I WAS FOR (I was NOT for the top 2 candidates!) OR as a customer due to my looks, my Christian religion, my old fashioned beliefs that I do NOT SHOVE DOWN any person's throat - to each their own even if I do NOT believe the same way as THEY DO, my hard core RKBA belief system, etc. - I would TELL THEM to shove it.

I don't walk around telling people that I am this or that either when it comes to being a married lady to a gentleman. Late husband or to my MT husband.

IT is no one's business what I AM as a lady or a female. I never felt the need to yell out my sex or that I was a heterosexual either.

I never yelled out, "I am woman - hear me roar!", SALAMI either. I never felt the NEED TO DO THAT and I most certainly did NOT have to PROVE MY WORTH to the important people in my PERSONAL life or in my career as an employee or when I was self employed!

Old Lady Cate

If you don't like the way a business is ran, you can not patronize it, you can tell everyone you know to do the same, you can hold signs, rent billboards, leave bad reviews etc. That's the way a free market is supposed to work.

If you did vote for Sleepy joe it's on you and you deserve whatever you get! Thanks for rigging the election and ruining any integrity you had.

In jeopardy format...

For $2000

Answer :What is .... "We keep kids in cages to make sure they are OK"

Question: ..."Words I have never heard used together in a sentence."
WTF does that have to do with anything? Sounds like you are just trying to get in some last bashes at the former president......

:s0128:

Liberals and gun ownership I swear.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR