JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
And just when do you predict that will be happening here, under our present government?

Within the last decade we have had problems already.
Japanese American internment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for mass killings? History does like to repeat itself. Throughout one's life, I think most do not change his or her viewpoints at all. As time progresses the smarter ones tend to sharpen skills with they already excel. Unless people change their viewpoints and lifestyles through learning from mistakes and understanding, and by one's own choice, nothing will change. IMHO...

Smarter doesn't mean better, it only means one realizes his or her traits and uses them, kind of like Hitler or Saddam. But I digress (away from the topic).
----------

As for felons and firearms. People make mistakes, if you want to brand them for life, never release them. When they have their rights restored, are they a "free man" or not? If not, then put them back in jail or allow them to expunge themselves (over time). Free men (and women) should not be prevented from having the natural right of weapon possession and/or ownership.

Again, its not that I have anything against the death penalty used to execute criminals (I do), it's that I believe a government with the ability to execute its own citizens is more dangerous than criminals.

My opinion is we need 90% less laws (and government) and more enforcement of the remaining 10%

Last edited by a moderator:
This gloom and doom prophecy over this nations government has become all but out of control in the last several years. More so since Ron Paul started stumping heavily with all of his "Constitutional" blather. Comparing this nation to Nazi Germany, Stalin, and the death camps at this point in time is absurd and ridiculous. Could it happen? Perhaps, but at this point you have a greater chance of losing your life as you know it to a natural disaster, than to our government self destructing and killing you in the process.

There is absolutely zero proof this will happen now, or in our future. All of this "history likes to repeat itself" crap is nothing more than outlandish evidence to support a whacked out prediction. This has become a "can you top this" topic on the Internet lately. If it isn't our government toppling, it's our currency. Or else how 9/11 was an "inside job". Or else how the Moon landings were "faked". It is almost as if there is an on going, 27/7 stupid contest going on.

This nation is still the best government on the surface of this Earth, and will continue to be. It has become the flavor of the day to try and predict the destruction of this country on Internet forums. And it's getting to the point of utter stupidity. We have been placed in a vulnerable position by this current sitting President. He is without a doubt the worst this country has ever seen. He will soon be replaced. We've had bad Presidents before, and we will have more in the future. But "death camps"??? Give me a break. There is zero evidence that can support any of these whacked out theories and predictions. They feed off the "contestants" who think they themselves can come up with the next stupid, outlandish prediction. It's getting old.

IMO that is delusional.. we have lost virtually all our liberties and the former Constitutional Republic built for the Founders Posterity has become a nightmare, tyrannical, multi cult empire that deserves to be brought down hard as as example for all time

I am sure the loyalists had your exact same opinion in 1775. Mine were at Lexington and Concord shooting at redcoats

This is something else I've noticed as this gloom and doom prophecy continues to spread. It seems the younger, poorer segment of society is more convinced of this happening, than the older, wealthier crowd. Perhaps it falls into the "misery loves company" category, I don't know. But I see this type of conversation taking place with younger people far more than I do with the older, wealthier, more experienced individuals.

The older I get the more I have come to appreciate and respect wealth and experience. Too many lack it today. The housing market made paupers out of many. What it didn't damage the high unemployment rate has. A lot of these people sit around with nothing better to do than spread their gloom and doom predictions and actions to others. The "occupy" crowd is a perfect example. A bunch of 20 something idiots who are nothing more than lazy refugees from their parents basement. All caught up in trying to make people with more have less like themselves. All the time thinking the whole world should crash down around them because they either can't, or else are too lazy to find a job in a tough economy. A lot of these people simply need to grow the hell up, and stand up for themselves, instead of predicting how the entire country along with it's government, is as worthless as they are.

They b!tch about the government. They b!tch about the economy. They b!tch about the wealthy. In fact there isn't much they won't b!tch about. Over the last few years it is really getting to play like an old record that skips, and is becoming just about as painful to listen to. This nation is 236 years old. That accounts for a lot. Perhaps they need to think about that for a while instead of how it's all going to end tomorrow if not sooner, complete with "death camps".

Yet another thing I've noticed. Everyone is a history major since Ron Paul started running.
You'd be surprised how many books WW2/Vietnam/etc, Pro-america, pro-gun/weapons books enthusiasts read and/or own. I wouldn't be surprised if some of members on this board have at least 30 to 50+ books on those issues...

The reason for people bring up history is because before sheeple dismissed amateur - i.e. it's not a career - historians as "nut jobs", now the sheeple wondering why their prepper friends don't suggest advice anymore.

Now THAT is totally delusional. Name one thing you can no longer do that you could before you were born? Be specific please. Anyone can speak in theory and in generalities.

You said before I was born.. that's irrelevant to this topic. I will stay on the gun topic with a single example that is more than sufficient and say that the 2nd amendment has been nearly decimated by the 1934 and 1968 GCAs and yes I was born before 1968 and I am not young or poor

Since you clearly DO need a history lesson the Founders intended us to be at least as well armed as standing armies.. are we?

Yet another thing I've noticed. Everyone is a history major since Ron Paul started running.

I have been a student of history for well over 25 years, sir.. and my ancestors were there and one died on Lexington Green, April 19th 1775

Where were yours?

You'd be surprised how many books WW2/Vietnam/etc, Pro-america, pro-gun/weapons books enthusiasts read and/or own. I wouldn't be surprised if some of members on this board have at least 30 to 50+ books on those issues...

The reason for people bring up history is because before sheeple dismissed amateur - i.e. it's not a career - historians as "nut jobs", now the sheeple wondering why their prepper friends don't suggest advice anymore.

I have hundreds of history books, especially military history

I have been a student of history for well over 25 years, sir.. and my ancestors were there and one died on Lexington Green, April 19th 1775.

And how exactly does this equate to you? You are insinuating in some abstract fashion, that because a distant relative was somehow involved in a historic battle, this somehow makes you more "patriotic" than the next guy. If my great grand pappy was a Sicilian mobster, does that increase the likelihood I'll whack my next door neighbor if his dog craps on my lawn?

I will stay on the gun topic with a single example that is more than sufficient and say that the 2nd amendment has been nearly decimated by the 1934 and 1968 GCAs.

Elaborate as to how the Second Amendment has been "decimated"? I was born in 1952, long after the Gun Control Act of 1934, and well before the Dodd Bill of 1968. I can still purchase and own any weapon now, that I could before either of those two pieces of legislation were passed. Including full auto weaponry, short barreled rifles and shotguns, as well as suppressed weapons. Even destructive devices are fully obtainable up to and including 20 MM Anti Tank Cannons.

So I ask again to please explain all of this "decimation" you speak of. Again please be very specific as it IS quite relative.

Now THAT is totally delusional. Name one thing you can no longer do that you could before you were born? Be specific please. Anyone can speak in theory and in generalities.

- Travel without being molested by a government employed pervert (TSA Molestation - YouTube)

- Buy a machine gun or suppressor without grovelling for permission from a government official, and buy a gun of any sort from a mail order catalog and have it delivered via USPS to my front door (http://www.rifleman.org.uk/Images/Boys ATR Ad 2.gif)

- Buy monetary gold in any quantity without interference from government counterfeiters (Executive Order 6102 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

- Not have 30% of my paycheck confiscated by the lawless IRS (America: Freedom to Fascism-Full Length Documentary - YouTube)

- Smoke marijuana in my private residence without being home invaded by SWAT pigs (Utah SWAT team shoot and kill unarmed man during 2010 drug raid - YouTube)

- Live in a country where the government doesn't brazenly declare its right to murder anyone it pleases ( <broken link removed> )

and etc and so forth.

While the idea of our government murdering us by the 100,000's in any near future is hard to believe, our Founding Fathers put gun possession rights(and stated on record the importance of these rights) in place because governments do disarm people and slaughter them. There are too many examples in just the last century. If we were warned 200 years ago to look out for those that wish to disarm us, and since then seen the slaughter of those disarmed(Poland, Cambodia, virtually the entire African Sub-Continent
), why are we not more taken aback by those who now wish to disarm us? The original intent of this thread was the infringement upon 2A. Though I myself voiced disagreements earlier, pretending that a martial law police state couldn't happen is foolish. It's important to remember that the greatest empires usually crumble from within and are not defeated by an outside force. Nothing will move that along faster than taking away our only means of defense. My point is that if you think at this moment in time hat your government is your friend, well, good luck with that. Kip

Elaborate as to how the Second Amendment has been "decimated"? I was born in 1952, long after the Gun Control Act of 1934, and well before the Dodd Bill of 1968. I can still purchase and own any weapon now, that I could before either of those two pieces of legislation were passed. Including full auto weaponry, short barreled rifles and shotguns, as well as suppressed weapons. Even destructive devices are fully obtainable up to and including 20 MM Anti Tank Cannons.

So I ask again to please explain all of this "decimation" you speak of. Again please be very specific as it IS quite relative.

2A grants Constitutional rights that are not subject to government interference. You might be willing to abase yourself before government officials to beg for permission to own said items. Others decide to maintain their dignity. As soon as ownership of an item requires government permission, it is no longer a right, but a privilege. Hence, most 2A rights are dead.

In addition, most people cannot afford NFA items at outrageous prices caused by government interference of the market. $10k FNC's? Maybe if I win the lottery. In the recent DC gun case, SCOTUS stated that just because a person can technically own a handgun legally in DC by jumping through a million hoops and laying down an absurd amount of money (to exercise a Constitutional Right, no less), doesn't make DC in compliance with 2A *rights*.

By the same argument, the fact that 99% of the population cannot buy a FA M16 due to a government created price bubble, means the Hughes Amendment is violating 2A. Your claim that 2A rights of your youth are the same as the state of 2A today is laughably absurd.

- Travel without being molested by a government employed pervert (TSA Molestation - YouTube)

- Buy a machine gun or suppressor without grovelling for permission from a government official, and buy a gun of any sort from a mail order catalog and have it delivered via USPS to my front door (http://www.rifleman.org.uk/Images/Boys ATR Ad 2.gif)

- Buy monetary gold in any quantity without interference from government counterfeiters (Executive Order 6102 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

- Not have 30% of my paycheck confiscated by the lawless IRS (America: Freedom to Fascism-Full Length Documentary - YouTube)

- Smoke marijuana in my private residence without being home invaded by SWAT pigs (Utah SWAT team shoot and kill unarmed man during 2010 drug raid - YouTube)

- Live in a country where the government doesn't brazenly declare its right to murder anyone it pleases ( <broken link removed> )

and etc and so forth.

You are confusing regulation with decimation. Big difference.

1.) You can still travel anywhere you want. Faster and in more comfort than ever before.

2.) You can still buy a machine gun or a suppressor without "grovelling".

3.) You can buy all the gold and silver you want. No one is going to tell you that you can't. There are commercials on television every 15 minutes from literally dozens of outfits who will be more than happy to sell it to you, and have it shipped right to your front door.

4.) You have always had income tax since 1915. If you're paying 30% on your earnings, I strongly suggest you consult a tax professional about tax deferred investments.

5.) You have never been able to buy, possess, or smoke dope legally in your lifetime, and most likely never will simply because the majority of Americans do not want drugs legalized.

6.) Name one person you know the government has "murdered".

Again you have proven how far people will in fact reach to try and prove these totally abstract points. You have over 600 people employed as lawmakers in this country. So yes, you have more regulation. That is not "decimation". Custer's Army was "decimated" at Little Big Horn.

Don't try to compare that to you wanting to smoke dope and get high in your living room. Which incidentally you cannot presently do legally in any country on this Earth. All your "examples" do is prove how you will live the rest of your life in this country totally unhappy with it. Seriously, if I felt that way, I would leave. Why do you stay and subject yourself to all of this terrible torture?

In addition, most people cannot afford NFA items at outrageous prices caused by government interference of the market.

If an individual cannot afford something they want, that is not the governments fault. If you're going to b!tch about the government driving up the cost of machine guns, why aren't you praising them for causing housing to be cheaper than it has ever been in decades? It was the governments direct involvement with the banks, which forced them to loan money to idiots who couldn't pay it back, which in turn collapsed the housing market. This has caused some of the best buys in our lifetime in the real estate market. It's 2 way street. You can't only play one side.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads