JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Compliance? Naaaa

ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Monday, January 1st, 2024, was the deadline for Illinois residents who own any of 170 "assault-style weapons" banned under law to register them with the state police.
Anyone who fails to register their guns could be charged with a Class 2 felony.
According to the Illinois State Police, as of this week, about 29,357 of Illinois' 2.4 million Firearm Owner's Identification card holders (about 1.22%) had registered the banned weapons.

Not entirely sure if they are using good data, as in the implication is all 2.4 million have banned weapons or of the FOID holders, 2.4 million have guns that needed to be registered. Either way, not see much compliance even if it is a felony. Not betting any of the politicians in the Northwest are going to pay attention to this.

Compliance? Naaaa

ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Monday, January 1st, 2024, was the deadline for Illinois residents who own any of 170 "assault-style weapons" banned under law to register them with the state police.

According to the Illinois State Police, as of this week, about 29,357 of Illinois' 2.4 million Firearm Owner's Identification card holders (about 1.22%) had registered the banned weapons.

Not entirely sure if they are using good data, as in the implication is all 2.4 million have banned weapons or of the FOID holders, 2.4 million have guns that needed to be registered. Either way, not see much compliance even if it is a felony. Not betting any of the politicians in the Northwest are going to pay attention to this.
Not unless it's an intersectional issue that'll get them reelected.

The law makers don't care. This will of course do nothing to slow down law makers in other states. That state seems to care less that they have enough shooting many days a week to meet the definition of "mass shooting". The law makers know none of these are done by someone with a FOID card. Those who choose to keep the guns for the most part know they are doing it. If they don't take them out to shoot, don't tell everyone on social media, most importantly don't tell girlfriends, they may never feel any pain. Now and then one will get in a bind. "News" will make sure they announce it loudly for the rest to hear. The law will of course do nothing for crime and law makers will not care. They will just move on to the next law and the next law, for as long as voters there keep putting them back in office. Results do not matter.

Keep in mind that Illinois residents are all but prohibited from having NFA items. Also, until recently they could legally do parking lot transfers. That population probably has a high volume of people who are confident that the government does not know which items they have.

In states where people's guns are already on the books for NFA or FFL transfer purposes there will be higher levels of compliance. If it's already on the ATF's books there isn't much to gain by refusing to re-register it with a state agency.

Compliance? Naaaa

Rockford was my old hometown. What a crap hole.

Last Edited:
Yeah, being an Oregonian, I don't have a dog in this fight, but the fact this law even passed is worrying. I'm not surprised that a dem governor and house pushed it, but I am surprised the supreme court refused to hear it. It's blatantly unconstitutional, arguably worse that our own measure 114.

If I understand it, a standard Glock 17 is now illegal, but a standard Glock 22 is OK. Dumb.

Glad the state police are refusing to enforce it.

Started getting mine in 90s after military service. Everything went through ISP, may be different these days.
Even laminated them. Forgot the process time. As you can see, doesn't constitute CCL/Permit.
Needed this to even buy a shotgun & or ammo.
Suffice it to say, they've been infringing awhile now.
I've been in a database since my 1st TS clearance check for Camp David duty.

20240212_113407.jpg 20240212_113414.jpg

Last Edited:
As a matter of fact, I recall a few friend's from back home in IL, telling me how many folk are making mad dashes to bordering states, renting storage unit's to stash their semi's & other infringed upon tools. Which, to me is 1 in the same to disarming :s0092:
They're "Loop-Holing" us

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top