JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I started this discussion with the subject of protecting my Second Ammendment and it seems to be going a different direction.
Maybe what prison does to a person could be another thread.
I personally have not done illegal things because I was not ready to accept the consequences and did not want to go to jail.
If you don't think laws are just then work to get them changed. In the mean time laws are laws and have consequences when you don't follow them.
I want to continue following our current firearms laws and don't like alot of them and i am supporting groups trying to reestablish our rights we have lost and fighting for our rights that we are in danger of losing.
And to not be made a criminal in the process of losing my rights.

I started this discussion with the subject of protecting my Second Ammendment and it seems to be going a different direction.
Maybe what prison does to a person could be another thread.
I personally have not done illegal things because I was not ready to accept the consequences and did not want to go to jail.
If you don't think laws are just then work to get them changed. In the mean time laws are laws and have consequences when you don't follow them.
I want to continue following our current firearms laws and don't like alot of them and i am supporting groups trying to reestablish our rights we have lost and fighting for our rights that we are in danger of losing.
And to not be made a criminal in the process of losing my rights.
Yup!

While another side wishes to minimize punishments for crimes, including violent crime, drastically changing society. No bail as an example, and "choosing" not to prosecute in certain jurisdictions.

Which in turn may create such crime (including violent crime), where innocents Rights are taken away. For "safety"...

It's well known, violent criminals help give fodder to push for more "gun control." This is why the left will plea bargain violent criminals (even those who've been in illegal possession of firearms) and parole them early while simultaneously pushing for more restrictive measures on firearms.

Criminals acquiring or using guns is not the threat to the ruling classes here in the US. But a nation of law-abiding gun owners with more guns per capita than the rest of the world, and trillions of rounds of ammunition.... with the ability to fight back against the government.. is the biggest threat to the ruling classes here. Ability, yes. Will to do so? Not yet. This is why they're so hard charging nowadays to eliminate the threat, while life is pretty good for most people compared to literal war zones and third world countries... before it gets that bad, before people decide they've had enough of the abuses of the Federal and State governments...

I think this is a better example of feeding the gun control agenda...

From the series:

4 out of 5 defendants charged with possessing machine gun just 48 hours ago are already free

Which I find REALLY interesting. Because such (possession of said device, unregistered) is a federal offense...

From the series:

4 out of 5 defendants charged with possessing machine gun just 48 hours ago are already free

Which I find REALLY interesting. Because such (possession of said device, unregistered) is a federal offense...
Meanwhile the guys in the CRS case are serving time for the "machine gun" cards :rolleyes:

Criminals acquiring or using guns is not the threat to the ruling classes here in the US. But a nation of law-abiding gun owners with more guns per capita than the rest of the world, and trillions of rounds of ammunition.... with the ability to fight back against the government.. is the biggest threat to the ruling classes here. Ability, yes. Will to do so? Not yet. This is why they're so hard charging nowadays to eliminate the threat, while life is pretty good for most people compared to literal war zones and third world countries... before it gets that bad, before people decide they've had enough of the abuses of the Federal and State governments...
Absolutely

Absolutely
Former NY Gov Andrew Cuomo "let the cat out of the bag" when he told conservative gun owners to leave the state. The governors of Washington and Oregon are in agreement and fully support the ruling class. Gun control is owned and financesd by our local billionaires who also buy our politicians.

The goals of BM114 and the new laws in Washington are to shut down FFLs and make buying any firearm as difficult as possible. The process is the punishment. An added bonus for our rulers would be if we all just moved to other states. I fled NYC for the freedom of Washington state over 25 years ago. I can't believe how little time it took for the leftist to destroy the state. I don't want to flee again and due to family, business and medical reasons moving is not easy. It seems that too many 2A supporters do not vote. Maybe if more of us voted, we could elect enough Republicans to at least control either the Senate or House in Washington and Oregon.

Former NY Gov Andrew Cuomo "let the cat out of the bag" when he told conservative gun owners to leave the state. The governors of Washington and Oregon are in agreement and fully support the ruling class. Gun control is owned and financesd by our local billionaires who also buy our politicians.

The goals of BM114 and the new laws in Washington are to shut down FFLs and make buying any firearm as difficult as possible. The process is the punishment. An added bonus for our rulers would be if we all just moved to other states. I fled NYC for the freedom of Washington state over 25 years ago. I can't believe how little time it took for the leftist to destroy the state. I don't want to flee again and due to family, business and medical reasons moving is not easy. It seems that too many 2A supporters do not vote. Maybe if more of us voted, we could elect enough Republicans to at least control either the Senate or House in Washington and Oregon.
This is not the time for gun owners to be apathetic .
At some point we will all be backed into a corner and have to fight.
You can only run so long before there is nowhere to run to.
And contribute to some group or organization that is fighting for our rights.

And I'll bet every lawful owner knows exactly where they'd start should it get to this stage of the game.

Dan

Possession of weed used to bring long sentences in prison. Or even life sentences? Should we still do that too?
Stupid story. Granted, Obama was a putz. But life in prison for cocaine? Ridiculous!
Put the dirt bag in prison for 20 years for using a firearm the way he did. Strengthen gun crime penalties and get the hell off our backs!
I totally agree! But we use the term GUN crime Way to often. If a gun is used to kill someone in cold blood, the crime is murder. The Tool is not important! The action is.

I totally agree! But we use the term GUN crime Way to often. If a gun is used to kill someone in cold blood, the crime is murder. The Tool is not important! The action is.
The problem being, this statement is political in nature. We take the position that guns are inanimate objects. But people that don't like guns take the view that the fascination some people have with them and their ease of use makes their use in suicide and violence more likely than other forms of suicide and violence, thereby increasing the rates of both.

Until someone can affirmatively disprove that guns influence choices, we're going to have to deal with the idea of "gun deaths".

This concept holds true of video games, media and drugs, too.

You're right. I cringe every time I hear the term "Gun Violence". And refuse to use that term. It should be "Crime committed with/using a gun"! :s0155:

The problem being, this statement is political in nature. We take the position that guns are inanimate objects. But people that don't like guns take the view that the fascination some people have with them and their ease of use makes their use in suicide and violence more likely than other forms of suicide and violence, thereby increasing the rates of both.

Until someone can affirmatively disprove that guns influence choices, we're going to have to deal with the idea of "gun deaths".

Should we use the terms, Pill Crime or High Building Violence when someone chooses one of those methods to end their lives? That sounds as ridiculous to me when they call it gun violence when someone takes that route.

The gun culture used to be a prominent fixture in American culture through expansion of the country, entertainment and American icons. The use of the term, gun fascination, is there to minimize any notion that firearms serve an important function in America and has for generations.

That's why gun control is such a hard sell and is agenda driven instead of being fact based. They used statistics that don't matter and are false. Educated people don't like guns. Uneducated people cling to guns. That's a lie, but more importantly it has zero to do with the right to keep and bear arms.

Last Edited:

Regarding suicide, the facts that gun owners never contend with are these:
- most suicide attempts via gun are successful
- sizably more attempts with other methods are not as successful
- the vast majority of people who survive a suicide attempt do NOT attempt again

Gun owners like to state: "if someone is wanting to take their own life they will find a way" - and the data on this disproves such.

There is clear evidence that suicidal ideations are often very low points in people's lives and recovery is not only possible but probable, if they live.

Does the gun influence the choice to attempt suicide? Not all by its lonesome but it is a contributing factor - just like video games hold no clinical sway over decision making in the broader context but can influence an individual along with other aspects of their individual circumstance.

I agree but we don't list suicides by hanging as rope deaths. The way statistics are presented is politicized.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top