JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Write a law that gives them red flag and universal background checks while making right to all semiautos and mags federally protected. They would take the deal, like they took the 10 year sunset on the Crime Bill
Im not confident the left would take such a deal. Im pretty convinced they truly want total prohibition of guns.

Although a bit late for this hypothetical i like the idea behind it.

There is only one reason to disarm people, that's to force them to comply. Comply with what?
Whatever they want or don't want. I don't know what the end gain is other than total control and ruining this country.
Look at the millions of people that have been slaughtered world wide when gun control happens and you don't agree with the people that do have guns.

Im not confident the left would take such a deal. Im pretty convinced they truly want total prohibition of guns.

Although a bit late for this hypothetical i like the idea behind it.
I don't think there is a monolithic "they". In fact, I know there is not.

The problem being, this statement is political in nature. We take the position that guns are inanimate objects. But people that don't like guns take the view that the fascination some people have with them and their ease of use makes their use in suicide and violence more likely than other forms of suicide and violence, thereby increasing the rates of both.

Until someone can affirmatively disprove that guns influence choices, we're going to have to deal with the idea of "gun deaths".

This concept holds true of video games, media and drugs, too.
Hands and feet still far outweigh guns as implements used in causing death.

As for video games, media and drugs - whatever influences those may or may not have, it requires a foundation of mental/spiritual problems in order to manifest into violence being acted out senselessly.

Take one culture in particular, for example, where continuing to beat and kick someone who is down is very common. And they just happen to have an abnormally high violent crime rate per capita.

This all begins in the home and the living room. The few truly broken people (Bundy, Dahmer, Gacie, Ridgeway, et al. . . . and they didn't use guns) will slip through the cracks no matter what.

A "FIFY" reply tells me all I need to know about someone.

"Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyranny."
— Aristotle

It just so happens that females are the majority of democrat voters, and that liberal democrat policies are nearly unilaterally based on emotion rather than data and outcomes. Show me a tyrant and I'll show you an emotional idiot.

Authoritarians are members of all parties and groups. Not all Lib Dems fit your mold. I don't think lumping all together is fair. Party platforms can and do change all the time...in order for the power hungry control freaks to stay in power.
Im not sayin all liberals but in general the liberal democrats are actively trying to prohibit guns.
Republicans have passed some anti gun laws but in general they are not actively pursuing prohibition.

…Write a law that gives them red flag and universal background checks while making right to all semiautos and mags federally protected. They would take the deal…
This may have flown in 1994 but is so laughably absurd by today's standards that I doubt any gun control advocate (yourself included) would say it in good faith. If such a deal could be reached, the gun control advocates would quickly find that what they got out of the deal didn't work and then come back for what's left of gun rights immediately after. For example, in Oregon we already have red flag laws and universal background checks, but violent crime continues to climb unabated which they use to justify going after more and more of our rights. They openly intend to continue until nothing is left.

For another example, with Measure 114, they wouldn't even grant us the concession of grandfathering in 10+ rounds mags we already had before the would-be ban, by limiting where and how they can be used/carried and declaring owners guilty of buying them after the ban until proven innocent, if found in the possession of them. Do these sound like people that can be compromised with in any meaningful way? How about the fact that 114 also required a permit to buy a gun but didn't actually provide any funding or resources to actually issue anyone any permits, teach the required classes, etc, effectively banning all gun sales until however long it took to create a government bureaucracy that could get the act together? They were happy to, in effect, end the 2nd Amendment entirely… and would have succeeded were the matter not taken to court by the no-compromise extremists 2A advocates you condemn.

Im not sayin all liberals but in general the liberal democrats are actively trying to prohibit guns.
Republicans have passed some anti gun laws but in general they are not actively pursuing prohibition.
It is a small, but very aggressive and vocal minority and they use intimidation and manipulation to direct the actions of the mob. To illustrate only: Not all Germans in Germany were Nazis during the war. There was a distinct "join us, or join them" thing going on.

Not that I am a member of that crowd.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads