JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your favorite Dirty Harry movie?

• Dirty Harry (1971)

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • Magnum Force (1973)

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • The Enforcer (1976)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Sudden Impact (1983)

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • The Dead Pool (1988)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Um, burp, what is Dirty Harry?

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • (gasp!) Those movies involve toxic masculinity and I'm headed to my nearest safe space. Wah!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've always been a huge fan of the Dirty Harry flicks, and Eastwood films in general. The thread about dumb reasons to buy a gun (is there really a dumb reason? Seriously folks :D) reminded me of said franchise with respect to us firearm aficionados. So, you've got to ask yourself a question, what is your favorite Dirty Harry film?

I voted for "Sudden Impact," just because that was the first one I was old enough to watch in a theater without all the best bits edited out for TV. Such language!

I learned that "Smith, Wesson, and me..." can handle anything.
Ah, nostalgia...

Hmm...Can't watch the complete movies anymore, just have them on in the background maybe while I'm cooking or something. "Do yo feel lucky? Well do you PUNK?!" "Most powerful handgun in the world, and will blow a man's head clean off!" I'll stop to listen to the choice bits.

And, you missed one of the best. I wish they'ed put "The Gauntlet" on somewhere, (netflix, Stars, etc.) Haven't seen that in years. Sandra Locke...:cool:

I had to go for Sudden Impact.

"This here is the 44 Magnum Auto Mag. It shoots a 300 grain cartridge and when properly used can removed the fingerprints."

The line was a little incorrect, but a classic none the less.

Funny thing I remember from watching Dirty Harry in the late 80's as a kid, they cut out two of his shots in the opening bank robbery scene for the TV version, so when Haryy said "did he fire six shots, or only five?" I was screaming "you only shot four! Ice him!"

Had to vote for the original but liked them all. Always been fond of a line from "The Enforcer" l believe....."a man's got to know his limitations". In honor of Eastwood and the Callahan character.....

P5030013-1.jpg

My first answering machine (maybe 1990-ish) was not digital. It answered with a (mandatory) 20-second taped greeting - featuring my best Dirty Harry.

"I know what you're thinking. Is he in or is he out? Well to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I sorta lost track myself. You have to ask yourself one question... do I leave a message or not? Well, do ya' punk?"

Friends all loved it. My parents who hadn't seen the movie? Not so much.

Last Edited:
I vote for ANY Clint Eastwood Flick! The man's a Icon! Many of his westerns were far better then the D.H. stuff, and his later films show quite a range of talent rarely found these days!

Andy: "Yep , I like 'em all as well.
But if I had to choose one it would be the first one."

I'm in Andy's camp. The first was the best. I think his greatest movies were The Outlaw Josey Wales and Unforgiven.

Technically NOT part of the DH franchise.

Aah K. See, it's been THAT long since I've seen it! Still, would like to see it again. I've seen the DH movies so much I would probably not sit to watch one now. Give me some good ol' western of the "Spaghetti" variety though and...... :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top