JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to carry a Kel-Tec P-11, but I kind of fell in love with revolvers lately and I carry a Ruger LCR in 38 special. That's alright too, but sucks to shoot so I recently picked up a Ruger SP101 2.25" DAO in 357 (carrying 38 special +P) for a bit more weight and comfort. Well, I also have a thing for stainless that the LCR didn't satisfy.

Forgot to mention that the BUGbite calf holster I carry the LCP II in also has a place for an extra mag (or knife). Do have to admit though that I'd win no speed draw contest. Takes time to get the pant leg up. :)

Light carry, PPK/S in Bianchi X16 shoulder holster or small frame Taurus 741 in 32 H&R Magnum in pocket holster. For winter, 9mm EAA Witness Steel Compact with two extra mags.

Glock guys are so fragile.:oops::oops: Well a guess not all bad. The 1911 and 357 you carried are
probably made in the USA.:s0121:
Well almost 50% of the Glocks out there are made in the USA there is a G25 and G28 that are made Austria that are not imported to the USA or made in the USA the 357 sig and the 10mm are made in Austria none are made in the USA but all other Glocks a percentage of them are made in USA

As a little dude, I like to carry my Gen4 Glock 19 mostly. Light weight, high cap, comfortable.I feel most confident with it.
Depending on weather I will carry the M&P 9mm sheild. Fits right in my pocket without a print.
In the 90's it was a Kimber 1911 full sized sob.

As a little dude, I like to carry my Gen4 Glock 19 mostly. Light weight, high cap, comfortable.I feel most confident with it.
Depending on weather I will carry the M&P 9mm sheild. Fits right in my pocket without a print.
In the 90's it was a Kimber 1911 full sized sob.

What kind of pants do you wear that allow for pocket carrying a shield without printing?

I've tried multiple pocket pistols in multiple pocket holsters. The trick is the pants. I wear cargo pants with deep pockets, 2" over size waist with a heavy duty belt. The pocket holster is a must. Bi-mart has painters/carpenter pants made by Wrangler. They work ok.

Cargo shorts in the summer as long as they have deep pockets conceal a Sig P938 just fine. A P238 or Kahr P380 becomes invisible. Kahr CM40 size works ok.

Kimber Super Carry Ultra OWB when it's light jacket weather; XDs for IWB or pocket carry (heavy coat weather); G42 summer (cargo shorts for example, or back-up in ankle holster).

Well that depends.... If they are outside 21 feet then any of my handguns but if they are within the 21 feet then I prefer a knife. I used to teach knife fighting techniques in a Southern Praying Mantis Kung Fu school back in Cali so I am very good with a knife..

I pretty much only carry my M&P 45c and have for years so it would probably be my favorite.

I would say my most funnest gun to carry would be my 4" Ruger GP100 in a shoulder holster.

Not the most comfortable but really fun to carry a big bubblegum revolver in a shoulder holster and feel like Dirty Harry.

I will be switching to a Ruger SP101 for my everyday carry when I get a holster made for it, curious if I will like it better than the M&P.

Was carrying a Kahr CW9 until one of my daughters put 50 through it and insisted on taking it home. Kahr CW's in any of the calibers (9; 40; 45) all work for me. I like the 9. It is slim and light....and very accurate. It is easy to forget its there. Blackhawk size 23 makes it ride high and disappear. Until I can get another one, I am back to my old nicked up scratched up Colt Defender. Always extra mag in left pocket. Socom in the truck.

What kind of pants do you wear that allow for pocket carrying a shield without printing?
People should carry whatever is most comfortable for them; and all handgun carry is an exercise in compromise. However, one should consider how they prioritize. I would rather print like crazy if I can carry an effective gun in an effective caliber, that I can access quickly, and wear comfortably.

I used to worry about printing, then I asked myself why. The answer was silly, so now it's the lowest priority. I'm 5'8" and only carry regular sized pistols, almost always OWB.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top