JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are plenty of amazing films in many genres that have entertained and illuminated. Then there is the garbage. You know, the campy, the crappy, the ridiculous, the horribly executed, unintentionally hilarious, those that ended up on MST3K, and all the rest. You know, as Georgie Weiss in Ed Wood (1994) put it, "I don't make major motion pictures; I make crap."

So, what are some of the stink bombs you love to hate or hate to love? Enjoy. :D

I like the big earthquake movies. You know you are watching a good one when you end up hoping all the protagonists get killed, except maybe the girl with the big tits. :)

B in movies stands for BAD. Only one B movie I can think of, that I can watch, is Tremors. For some reason I dig Burt Gummer. I want to hate every thing after Tremors 1, but that Burt Gummer has kept me watching.

One of my favorite B-movies is Panic In Year Zero, the post-apocalyptic black-and-white picture with Ray Milland, Jean Hagan, and teen singing star Frankie Avalon. (No, he doesn't sing in the movie)

Family takes off from Los Angeles towing their travel trailer for a fishing vacation up north, and all hell breaks loose when LA gets nuked. It's actually pretty good, and was directed by Milland. Moves along fast, with few if any boring parts. Ending is satisfying and good. Highly recommended. I actually have the DVD released by Kino Lorber (film distributor), purchased through Amazon. They did a good job with the digital version. Better than the original film release on the sound and picture. Jean Hagan, who plays the wife, said later she didn't like her part much because Milland is always yelling at her all the time in the movie. :)

panicinyearzeroposter.jpg

Runner up is probably the kill-the-giant-ants-created-by-atomic-testing movie, Them! Look for a bit part by Leonard Nimoy playing an Air Force sergeant, and Fess Parker (Davy Crockett in the Disney movie) playing a pilot who gets locked up in a nuthouse for a while after reporting he saw a giant flying ant.

"Shoot the antennae! He's helpless without it!"
A real classic. Also available digitally restored.

It's hard to pick a favorite, but I still like popping in my Criterion restoration version of the Byron Haskin classic B movie, Robinson Crusoe on Mars. It was mostly filmed at Zabriskie Point in Death Valley. I got a free copy when we were doing a sci-fi magazine and I offered to review the movie. Good deal, because Criterion wanted more than twenty bucks for the movie LOL. Yeah, I did review it though. One funny part is when astronaut Kit Draper thinks a threat is near, he opens up a case and takes out not a ray gun like the poster shows, but what looks like a big revolver with an eight inch barrel. Nothing like sending astronauts into space with a good hand cannon.

Robinson-Crusoe-On-Mars-Cover.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews