JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not the guns fault, but it was responsible. Used to shoot revolvers double action for practice for years before getting my first auto loader. A Kimber from their custom shop many years ago. But I was getting fails to fire when shooting fast. Turned out I was trying shoot faster than the slide could cycle. Any one else come up against this?

Not the guns fault, but it was responsible. Used to shoot revolvers double action for practice for years before getting my first auto loader. A Kimber from their custom shop many years ago. But I was getting fails to fire when shooting fast. Turned out I was trying shoot faster than the slide could cycle. Any one else come up against this?
That's not humanly possible. I am guessing what you mean is you were not letting the trigger fully re-set? I had a 1911 that someone had put an adjustable trigger in. It never bothered me but a few other shooters found they were not letting it come forward enough after some shots. They would be squeezing and nothing would happen. They were holding the trigger back so hard it never came forward enough. It was a simple fix with an allen wrench on the adjustment. I have to "guess" this is what was happening? If a 1911 went full auto the mag would empty before you could let go of the trigger. :)

Sure it is. A revolver will fire faster than an auto loader. The trigger reset is quicker than the time it takes the slide to cycle.

Your not letting the trigger reset all the way. Or its misfiring. My buddies kimber would malfunction all the time. Your not shooting faster than the slide cycles. Have you ever seen Jerry Miculek shoot? You really think your shooting faster than him. Lol.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top