JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't really have much to add Will, slimer said it well. The whole point is to eliminate what you propose.

They want to get government involved in private transactions amongst private individuals. I have lived in a state where this was required, amongst other absolutely stupid things ( safety card, 10 day wait even on private FTF sales, etc ). Of course this did absolutely nothing to deter or prevent crime. California is as big as a cesspool as ever, and most large cities worse than ever.

Anyway, hope this doesn't happen here, ever.

I came from one of those states back East as well, a permit or a form for everything! I really hope the FTF transactions stay how they are, why have more laws! What do you guys think, will they succeed in passing another gun law? Why not just enforce what we have and leave the "good guys" who do things legally, alone. Laws are for the law abiding, and 99.9% of gun guys abide by the law all the time!

Last Edited:
redboss99, the problem is you are assuming they care about crime or criminals. Some of their supporters might, and some people who think it "makes sense" might, but the people driving this push care nothing about criminals. They want to control the sheep, and they only care about crime victims in that they are usefull to try to push their agenda.

There are two initiatives collecting signatures, one to require background checks for all sales, and one that would prevent further restrictions on sales unless there is a uniform national standard implimented. I like to think that the good one will get the signatures and be passed by the people, but we will see.

There are two initiatives collecting signatures, one to require background checks for all sales, and one that would prevent further restrictions on sales unless there is a uniform national standard implimented. I like to think that the good one will get the signatures and be passed by the people, but we will see.

The guy that handles the signature sheets up here,handles both sides. He says at this point they are neck n neck,probably canceling each other out.

Lets hope we get a little ahead

Both I-591 and I-594 will probably get on the ballot for Nov 2014: If both pass, there will probably be a court fight, because they are antithetical to each other.

When I observed the paid signature-gatherers at WSU-V in August, they were hawking 594 as the "better background checks bill" while also pushing the "save our gun rights bill." They didn't like it when I suggested that the students read each before signing on to support either one. The pukes thought that I was interfering with their "business." I suspect that they were only being paid (by Nick Hanauer - a Bloomberg buddy) for signatures on I-594, therefore the I-591 signature pages were probably not to be turned in.

I suspect that they were only being paid (by Nick Hanauer - a Bloomberg buddy) for signatures on I-594, therefore the I-591 signature pages were probably not to be turned in.
Mike:
That's what I've been saying here since the 594 campaign started carrying both 594 and 591 sheets. I wish there was some way to verify that they were NOT being turned in. That would pretty much invalidate the 594 campaign!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I'm rooting for you guys.....

I grew up in Washington and now live in Oregon. Once upon a time, Washington was a great state. I hope any anti-gun bill gets flushed down the toilet. Its too bad that the Seattle metro area drives the politics for the entire state. Kinda like Portland does for Oregon.

Maybe we could get all the liberal idiots from the Seattle and Portland area to relocate to one spot? Maybe Vancouver Island and re-name it Sealandia? Then the Whidbey Island Naval Air Station could use it for bombing practice.....Hey, I can dream can't I?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top