JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
But I try hard to treat all kinds of people that express any interest in guns with the utmost courtesy because in my mind that's the only way the community can stay strong is to bring new people in to weather we agree with them or not.

I don't agree with the kids next door on much, and it peeves me that they stay inside playing Xbox instead of maintaining their yard, but I do take them shooting and will help the lad build his first AR... does that work?

A lot of mildly to full on complaining boomers in this thread.

As a millennial gun guy, I'll say.

Go back to drinking your Olvaltine, shooting your fat slow 45acp in your 100 year old outdated 1911. :s0066:

Last Edited:
Serious question...

If a millennial offends a boomer, will the boomer need a safe space?

By the way, I was starting to feel bad about starting this thread. I didn't realize it would become so contentious.

As to the generational squabbling, it's kind of silly. People are people, and there are all kinds in every generation. In general, every generation has its own perspective, but plenty in each generation don't fit in. For example, I don't feel any need to try and defend Generation X, because I don't identify with that stereotype.

Every generation at some point looks down on the previous generation as old fogies, and later in life they inevitably look down on subsequent generations as young whippersnappers.

Face it: no matter your generation, when you're young, you're a whippersnapper, and when you're old, you're a fogie. There's just no getting around it.

I'm sorry, who is that directed at?
Everyone I see bubbleguming.

Don't like the young crowd? Mentor them.

Don't want to? Get out of the way.

Can't get over their choice of style or how they look?

You're half the problem, at least.

Kindly, Heyjoe.;)

I'm 38. I like to shoot. Not a big hunter. I used to hunt things that preyed on humans, but I have no desire to really kill deer. Coyotes or puma is a different matter. My parents were not shooters. My grandpa was. And you know, by 14 I had a few guns including a .308 and a nagant. By 19 I was a pelt hunter of coyotes in a small valley that had a severe problem with them. I do not enjoy crazy recoil, but do like moderate. But I grew up with all classes of guns being useful for different things. (even if .25acp was only good for shooting tarantulas) I have never fired many of the classic hunting calibers. However, 45-70 is fun. 500S&W out of a rifle, ehhh, not as much. 45-70 .308 are fine, but much bigger than that I can handle, but don't like.

However, I also had to leave home, stashed my rifles and went on a self-supporting adventure pretty early.

I thought a geology degree was useful, turns out, its not, unless you're interested in oil fields and their associated culture.... which I couldn't be farther from, regardless of the money. I did happened to pick up CAD/CAM and CNC milling because my employer was willing to teach me, and I'm thankful for that. Kinda wish I did it from the get go though.

When you chose geology, what was your expectation for fields when you were finished?

That is an honest question, by the way, and not an attempt to mock your expectations. I ended up with 2 associate degrees that I only used for a couple of years before I ended up doing network engineering which I learned on the job.

elsie

...As a millennial gun guy, I'll say.
Go back to drinking your Olvaltine, shooting your fat slow 45acp in your 100 year old outdated 1911. :s0066:
Just don't make the mistake thinking that a "safe space" is anywhere in front of that combo! :s0001:

And hey, my 1911 is only 42 years old … it was born in 1977 so there! ;)

Speaking of networks, I have M$ Outlook mail. Hotmail. How can I block the domain from sending CRAP?
I could be out of place, asking here. LOL

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top