JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just looked through the garbage can at work (retirement center in Vancouver). Found several "YES on 594" cards in the can.
They ask to call the 1-800-562-6000 Hotline.
Donate $10 to "help protect our communities".
And sign up at their website for updates: Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility

Also full of lies:
In a few days you will receive a petition for I-594 in the mail. Simply ask your friends, family , and co-workers to sign the petition and send it back to the campaign. Even one signature makes a difference.

I-594: Now is the time to expand criminal background checks

Under current law, anyone can walk into a gun show or go online and buy a firearm without a criminal background check. Following the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary, where 20 children lost their lives, people across America united around a simple reform: close these loopholes and expand background checks to ALL gun sales.
While 80% of Washington voters support this simple, effective change, our legislature buckled to pressure from the powerful gun lobby and failed to take action. I-594 gives them another chance - or allows us to make it law.

"Major contributors" are listed as:
Nicola Hanauer
Jon Shirley
Lenore Hanauer
Ann Wyckoff
Thomas Campion

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Do they have a postcard to send back? If they include petitions and envelopes, send back crossed out petitions.

Might as well help them utilize their resources both financial and/or volunteer's time for sending unwanted mail.

Do they have a postcard to send back? If they include petitions and envelopes, send back crossed out petitions.

Might as well help them utilize their resources both financial and/or volunteer's time for sending unwanted mail.
No, no postcards. Just the alert mail so far.

Deen

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Just looked through the garbage can at work (retirement center in Vancouver). Found several "YES on 594" cards in the can.
And sign up at their website for updates: Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility

Also full of lies:

QUOTE]

I'm a bit curious. Does this card explain why people should call the Legislative Hotline in Olympia?

That's what the toll free number reaches.

There were copies of the petition included in the Seattle Times this weekend too. I thought my sister in law had gotten one and was trying to get grandma to sign it, but she said it was tucked in with the adds in the paper. Seems a little sketchy to me. I wonder if the paper is supporting the initiative, or if they are paid to include it like any other ads?

Also full of lies:

QUOTE]

I'm a bit curious. Does this card explain why people should call the Legislative Hotline in Olympia?

That's what the toll free number reaches.

Contact your Legislators: Call the Hotline at 1-800-562-6000 and leave a message urging your legislators to APPROVE criminal background checks. It's not enough to voice support - we need action.

I can scan a copy of the card and send them to you or post them here if you haven't seen the cards yet.

Deen
"Defender of Freedom" award

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Also full of lies:

"Major contributors" are listed as:
Nicola Hanauer
Jon Shirley
Lenore Hanauer
Ann Wyckoff
Thomas Campion

Deen

We can play the same game. Obtain some I-591 petitions and post them on the bulletin at your work.

Trying to post the back side but the system is telling me I'm over my limit so I guess It'll have to wait.

Deen

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Return to sender, then tape them to something heavy.

They are sent "Presort, Standard U.S. Postage" so I don't think (but don't know for sure) that return postage is paid on that type of mailing.

Deen

>> Obtain some I-591 petitions and post them on the bulletin at your work.
I have gone to the website and put my info in several times and I have not received any petitions in the mail. How can I sign this thing??? I want multiple copies so I can take them to my local range etc. and I cant even get one. Should be downloadable if at all possible.

>> Obtain some I-591 petitions and post them on the bulletin at your work.
I have gone to the website and put my info in several times and I have not received any petitions in the mail. How can I sign this thing??? I want multiple copies so I can take them to my local range etc. and I cant even get one. Should be downloadable if at all possible.

Call my office Thursday. 425-454-4911.

I'll see that you get them.

I remember some years ago, Di-Fi somehow had me listed as a supporter, or donor or something, so I kept getting mailings asking for money (I was a CA resident at the time) and it always came with a pre-paid envelope. After a while I used to try to find heavy things to tape the envelope to, and send it back. I sent her several cinder blocks which I painted "BUILD THE WALL" on (referring to the border), and the apex of this was an axle tube from a 1989 jeep cherokee.

I continued getting the mailings, but for some reason they were no longer postage paid.

I remember some years ago, Di-Fi somehow had me listed as a supporter, or donor or something, so I kept getting mailings asking for money (I was a CA resident at the time) and it always came with a pre-paid envelope. After a while I used to try to find heavy things to tape the envelope to, and send it back. I sent her several cinder blocks which I painted "BUILD THE WALL" on (referring to the border), and the apex of this was an axle tube from a 1989 jeep cherokee.

I continued getting the mailings, but for some reason they were no longer postage paid.

I like the creativity. With those envelopes, a nice sharpie on the bar code makes it so they can't associate it with who sent it. Better chance they'd keep paying the shipping on those gifts.

Hi guys, new member here. Glad to see you guys are up in arms over i-594. I put some effort into breaking down the major lies, distortions, and undue hardships this horrible piece of legislation is set to create. You can view the video here

I highly encourage you to share it with your friends and families so that you can help spread the awareness. Hope I'm not walking over anyone in this post, but being a Washington resident, I'm extremely passionate about this subject and want to do as much as I can to stop unconstitutional laws being passed. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

I applaud your efforts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads