JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks all. I have sold on forums like this before, but the aspect of the FFL was new to me.
Hopefully, I didn't muck it up too bad.
Looks good to me. Good Luck with Sale

Thanks all. I have sold on forums like this before, but the aspect of the FFL was new to me.
Hopefully, I didn't muck it up too bad.

Nailed it!!
Well done!

So some.....might just think that they have had problems with BGC laws and the complications that have come with it. Rrrrright.....

As a previous seller at the WA gun shows and doing private transactions. I can remember when FTF private sales were not subject to the BGC Law. BTW.....did we have a big problem back then?

Then, SOMEONE said......
In the name of SAFETY, not to mention it's reasonable and common sense. Let's compromise with the anti-gun crowd and do BGCs too.
Do-it-for-the-kids.jpg

Anyway, some of us opposed. Myself included. But, we had the vision to see what was coming.....

i-m-from-the-government-i-m-here-to-help.png

While others, in the name of compromise, reason, and common sense said.....

"We'll just give in here and that will be the END."

The results were....
The FFL Dealers got more money as every transaction had to go through them.
We both (buyer and seller) drove many miles to find an FFL that was willing to do some paperwork.
How_Dare_You.gif
The Govt got their records (even though the Govt said that they don't keep them).
And later, an extra "assault rifle tax $" was easily added. Which could go up at the Govt's whim.

Results......cough, cough.....
BGC waiting periods became (in some cases) a NEW waiting period of some weeks.
BUT.....
We could suddenly sleep safer at night.
Murder disappeared overnight.
Flowers grew where before there were none.:eek:

Yup....
We gave up a little bit of our FREEDOM. And the compromise, led the "liberal progressives" to reinforce their thinking that the 2nd A actually says.....

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless I say it's reasonable.

Aloha, Mark

My biggest complaint is when you agree to meetup across town and the other person is a no call no show.
It's happened to me twice now I will not travel to do a sale.

So some.....might just think that they have had problems with BGC laws and the complications that have come
The results were....
@Mark,
Yeah we didn't need a BGC in GA either. Private party sales were just like buying a Chainsaw off of Craig's list.
It's an asinine system where its easier to buy a car or chain saw than it is to buy a shot gun or deer rifle.

I still can't believe Oregonians allowed that to pass. What a pain in the butt.

On scope sales... reticle, focal plane, wear, power... details that people want to know!
On revolvers - lock up, timing, buggered screws, work done?
On glocks... who the heck cares?
On ARs.. ditto

On all firearms, tell me the condition of the bore/rifling/throat, action, any rust/wear, and round count with a duty to reveal any detractions from the quality of the piece ie jamming, erosion, etc. Honesty is paramount when you show pics of a revolver with firing pin marks between the chambers.

PM sent mean just that... heads up - I sent a message; might be an offer, a question, a gripe... it's private and nobody else's business.

If I say I'll take it, that means it should be mine unless someone PM'd an earlier ITI.

If I say I'll take it pending inspection, that's wiser, since saying I'll take it and then not doing so may end up with a bad review, deservedly so.

The seller can sell to whomever they want to.

If the seller states that it goes to the first person who publicly posts ITI then that's their rule to abide by.

These are just my opinions and the guidelines I follow. I am not a moderator but have been on this board for a LONG time.

GunInEachHand,

Why did you attribute your entire post as if I had said it all in that manner?

And as for the post attributed to address "@Mark". I have no idea of that post and/or who owns that name.

IF you have an opinion......I'd be glad to hear it.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
GunInEachHand,

Why did you attribute your entire post as if I had said it all in that manner?

And as for the post attributed to address "@Mark". I have no idea of that post and/or who owns that name.

IF you have an opinion......I'd be glad to hear it.

Aloha, Mark
Honestly not sure what I managed to do there.
I am trying to use the web version on a mobile device and I perpetually fight typos from the keyboard not keeping up
I did attempt to edit a quote for brevity.
The @ thing was simply since I am seeing you sign as "Aloha, Mark"

I am trying to use the web version on a mobile device and I perpetually fight typos from the keyboard not keeping up

YES...I agree/hear you on those issues too.

I mean.....
I hate my GF's iPad (2nd version when surfing the web). The keyboard and quirky way it messes up a simple posting. Not to mention the frequent crashes. BUT.....I love the battery life.

Aloha, Mark

When you use @ before a username, like GunInEachHand, the user will get a "reference" notification. If they have those notifications turned on. So to let Mark know that you mentioned him, you would do @ma96782 or for you I would do @GunInEachHand . Also it creates a hyperlink to their user profile.

Last Edited:
This^^. For instance...Money Market Pawn at SE 136th and Powell ($35.00) enters the firearm in their book and will hold the gun until BGC completes. Seller takes his money and leaves. Buyer may have to wait a few hours/days and returns to Money Market to pick up their purchase.

A Cut Above Pawn at 18295 SW TV Highway ($25.00) does not enter the firearm into their books. Meaning that if a BGC is going to take several hours/DAYS, both buyer AND seller will need to return to the shop.

I'd never thought about using Fisherman's for a transfer? I got the idea when the universal BGC came on line that they weren't doing them? Then I recall they were charging a stoopid amount, like $50.00 or something?

Yes, Fisherman's was $40 at the time, but I wasn't paying and it was close. They didn't want to enter the gun in their book if the transfer didn't go thru, but that shouldn't be my concern. That's on the buyer. The amount of my time they wasted because they didn't want to enter it in their book and possibly hold the firearm for a while really sucked. I shoulda made the guy drive to Tigard. But Fisherman's has a tendency to piss me off anyway. Larry's they are not.

My latest BGC about 2 weeks ago took less than a minute.

When I sold my .50 BMG rifle (July?) it took about a week for the BGC to go thru.

While we were waiting (Cut Above Pawn) I took the rifle home, the buyer took most of his cash home (he paid for some ammo) and we waited. The FFL does not need to hang onto the firearm and I would not want to deal with an FFL that did that unless the firearm was shipped to them from a remote seller. I can't see why an FFL would want to go thru that hassle if they didn't have to - but some FFLs are just weird.

Yep, and you made two trips to the FFL. How much of your time and gas money do you have to give away? You must be retired.

I've been a seller here (and buyer on occasions).

As a seller I got those......."Sending PM" . And in my PM I get a "I'm interested". So what ? No question, no phone number, no commitment to buy. What a waste of my time.

FYI and IMHO (for me), you're NOT in a queue. It doesn't "hold your place"......you've just wasted my time with those posts.

Aloha, Mark
It depends on what that PM includes. "I'm interested" wouldn't mean squat to me, either, compared to an "I'll take it".

How about etiquette for buying?
Right now I am waiting for a reply to a PM I sent yesterday about a deal made one week ago. It took a day or two to sort out payment methods and shipping info, but since then I've heard nothing from the potential buyer.

What's a reasonable time to wait, and likely give negative feedback while we're at it? It's not like the member hasn't been one here, either...:mad:

Click on their profile and see when they last logged in. If it has been more than a few hours since they saw the message then I'd conclude that they are flaking.

I learned recently that you really need to be very clear when you want something. I saw a great deal on something I wanted (not a gun). I sent a PM to see if the seller still had it, said clearly that I would like to buy it. He said yes. I responded that I wanted to buy it, just needed to make arrangements to travel to get it, might take a day or two. He responded that someone else had just sent that they would come get it right away, so it's his, sorry about that. :(

No, I wouldn't do that to someone, but I'm not going to get worked up about it. I don't know how I could have been clearer about my intentions to buy it, but I should have tried I guess. I could have found a way to get there right away if I'd known it was going to be pulled out from under me. In my opinion, you should at least let a buyer know if you need to sell something immediately, give them a chance. No big deal; someone else got a great deal. I don't really even hold it against the seller, as some folks don't really think about etiquette and such. Oh well...

Click on their profile and see when they last logged in. If it has been more than a few hours since they saw the message then I'd conclude that they are flaking.
Did that before posting the thread. Chasing details now. I do my best to not jump to conclusions and have a habit of a gut reaction that might remove heads... So, I'm sorting my options.

No, I wouldn't do that to someone, but I'm not going to get worked up about it. I don't know how I could have been clearer about my intentions to buy it, but I should have tried I guess. I could have found a way to get there right away if I'd known it was going to be pulled out from under me. In my opinion, you should at least let a buyer know if you need to sell something immediately, give them a chance. No big deal; someone else got a great deal. I don't really even hold it against the seller, as some folks don't really think about etiquette and such. Oh well...
Yeah, that's a tough one. It's understandable, but stings a bit.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top