JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, since his motto is Truth, Justice and the American Way and our Gov is clearly none of the above I'd guess he'd pick up Wash DC and launch it into deep outer space so we could start fresh.

Somebody posts something and all of a sudden it must be gospel. I still dont believe until I get the details from a trusted source.

James Ruby

Somebody (that would be me) posted something on the internet, yes. But then I did even better. On post #6, a couple of posts before yours, I linked a PDF of the official EPA E15 Retailers Handbook and even told you what page this mandate was on to make it easier to check. Maybe you read it and don't consider the EPA a trusted source, can't argue there as I don't trust em either but they do have the power to arbitrarily make our lives more difficult don't they?

Bigfoot

Somebody (that would be me) posted something on the internet, yes. But then I did even better. On post #6, a couple of posts before yours, I linked a PDF of the official EPA E15 Retailers Handbook and even told you what page this mandate was on to make it easier to check. Maybe you read it and don't consider the EPA a trusted source, can't argue there as I don't trust em either but they do have the power to arbitrarily make our lives more difficult don't they?

Bigfoot

thank you for posting the source

James Ruby

LIKE I SAID HAS ANYONE EVEN SEEN E15 gasoline in Oregon/Washington?

As of July 11th it was available at ONE gas station in KANSAS.

E15 Fuel Reaches the Masses (at One Station) - NYTimes.com

HOW many of you guys are traveling through Kansas?

Searching with Google I can find no service stations in Oregon or Washington that even offer E15.

Not even SeQuential fuels in Eugene sells E15 and they are the poster child for Biofuels.

And since No stations I know of blend the alcohol and gasoline at the pump in order for a station to start selling E15 it would have to drop one of its other grades of fuel since stations only have as many tanks as they have grades of fuel. I don't see this as being an issue.

Maybe you missed the part about stations being mandated to purchase 10,000 blender pumps? It's coming.

The typical Oregon gas station has 4 storage tanks.

Regular 87 octane

Plus 89 Octane

Super 92 Octane

Diesel

the tanks with Plus and regular will have the alcohol mixed into the gasoline at the tanker truck along with what ever additives are used to turn the bulk gasoline into what ever brand your buying. It all comes from the same tank farm in Portland.

The Premium or super can be either a 10% blend or it can be a straight grade gasoline.

The Diesel is the Diesel

Now in order to have a pump that blends fuel it would have to have at least one additional storage tank (and a special tank at that since alcohol is so hydroscopic and draws water. Most service stations do not have any physical space for a 5th tank. Heck many only have 3 tanks. And don't offer diesel.

I missed nothing I spent 7 years working service and gas stations as well as two years managing them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top