JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Magazines...and parts that see high wear and tear might be a good option...
Ammo of course is always wise....
A well made gun belt and or holster....
Sight or scope up grades...or maybe period to the gun , if its an older one....

Rather than buying something that will be banned...
I would suggest that you keep on buying what firearms you use and enjoy.

Not that I agree with firearm bans and the like.
Andy

Since you live in Oregon, I would be paying attention to 2 things:

1) m114 state constitution track hearings are in sept, and imo when it reaches the OR Supreme Court a lot of things will be banned

2) if and when or Supreme Court restarts m114, you will have to get a permit to purchase any firearm. This will put you in a new state registry. They will then be able to add any restrictions they like in the future and you will have to either comply with those or give up your gun that is on their new registry.

Therefore I would buy mags and any gun you really want before the permit process starts (assuming it does). I would also suggest re-reading measure 114 and see if there is anything that will be banned there that you want. Imo revolvers, single shots (bolt guns Fe), and lever guns can wait for another day (unless there is one of those you really want to buy before the permit process). That's what I would do. Feel free to ignore.

As far as guns to buy it's personal preference. Mke's mp5 clone (either ap5 full size or ap5p small size) is one of the best values out there right now imo. If there are any still on the market a lynx 12 AK in 12 gauge is a no brainer at $300ish (please note this recommendation refers to only lynx 12, not any other aK 12 gauge). Get some 12 or 20 round drums and blast away. The reason I say those is due to value and fun to shoot. But like I say it's personal preference and you may hate both those classes of guns I dunno. Also any extra ar10 and ar15 stripped lowers wouldn't go amiss.

281971EA-8CCD-426C-B2F7-CCD9130C90E7.jpeg

Last Edited:
Since you live in Oregon, I would be paying attention to 2 things:

1) m114 ruling hearings are in sept, and imo when it reaches the OR Supreme Court a lot of things will be banned

2) if and when or Supreme Court restarts m114, you will have to get a permit to purchase any firearm. This will put you in a new state registry. They will then be able to add any restrictions they like in the future and you will have to either comply with those or give up your gun that is on their new registry.

Therefore I would buy mags and any gun you really want before the permit process starts (assuming it does). I would also suggest re-reading measure 114 and see if there is anything that will be banned there that you want. Imo revolvers, single shots (bolt guns Fe), and lever guns can wait for another day (unless there is one of those you really want to buy before the permit process). That's what I would do. Feel free to ignore.

As far as guns to buy it's personal preference. Mke's mp5 clone (either ap5 full size or ap5p small size) is one of the best values out there right now imo. If there are any still on the market a lynx 12 AK in 12 gauge is a no brainer at $300ish. Get some 12 or 20 round drums and blast away. The reason I say those is due to value and fun to shoot. But like I say it's personal preference and you may hate both those classes of guns I dunno.

View attachment 1475011
Excellent.

I have cleared background check and am purchasing today at noon, I will share details after toy is in hand. If I succeed it will be my first NWF classifieds purchase.
Vintage semi-auto. I mean prior to the Titanic.

+1 to prioritizing purchases of things you won't be able to get after new laws pass. So, semi-autos and mags should go to the top of the list. What to buy really depends on what interests you.

Before WA's mag ban passed I made a list of all the guns I wanted to buy eventually, then ranked it by priority (most wanted vs could live without), then started buying mags for all of those in order. By the time the ban passed I had 5 or more mags for every rifle on my list and 3 or more for every pistol. Didn't have the guns yet, but had the mags ready to go.

Then the AWB came up and I just started going down the list picking up the ones I already had mags for. Some I just bought lowers, others were complete weapons. I focused on rifles, braced pistols, and pistols with threaded barrels as those were the target of the AWB. Now I've got most of what I wanted to collect, and can buy the rest at my leisure.

So, long story short, it would be worth doing some research and figuring out what guns you really want to get over the next few years, then prioritizing purchases of those guns, mags, and parts based on your available budget and resources.

I have cleared background check and am purchasing today at noon, I will share details after toy is in hand. If I succeed it will be my first NWF classifieds purchase.
Vintage semi-auto. I mean prior to the Titanic.
Not sure how I got interested in these, probably Youtube or something.

Savage model 1907 in .32 ACP
these run around $550 on GB after, sales tax, cc fee and shipping, this one was a pretty good savings over that and I met a real nice gentleman through the NWFA classifieds. This particular model has a serial number (and holes for the missing lanyard ring) that places it as a French Contract bring back from WW 2. I took it for a spin today, no issues and it put a big fat smile on my face. 113 year old gun.

IMG_20230825_114814149.jpg

Last Edited:
A toy you say? It's not going to be thumbing it's nose at the impending restrictions, but, I didn't see a nice, classic, lever gun in your stable?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top