JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is Theresa... She is a knowledgeable shooter and a good RO.

She was there a couple weeks ago when I went. Nice young lady and knew what she was doing. My trip was kind of a bust though, I took a 9 and 45 to shoot and sight in the Crimson Trace LaserGuards. The 45 was close, the 9 was way off. Reached in my pocket for the small allen wrenches needed and found I had the super small ones for the laser grip on my .44 Bulldog. Too small for the lasers I had with me. Only shot about 75 rds with each.

They used to keep a few small scope related tools in the shack.

I keep a small set of Chapman's, a Magna driver set and firearm size standard and metric allens in the range bag. The one time you need something you do not have it!
Today I dug my CT box out and put one of the larger allen wrenches in my vest pocket, now I have both sizes I need. Now I'll probably lose both of them!!
Yep, I also carry a few tools with me in my range bags (yep, plural), just not those small allen wrenches!!

Mr Tat hangs out at brightwater ventures occasionally and is a world class A-hole. i will not be going back to english pit. but then again....they dont really give a f*!k or else they would not have captain roid rage working there. rather shoot at larch....and that aint sayin much

Funny, I stopped in there last night before close to check it out and the lady in the booth was very friendly. She mentioned (without me prompting) that they had a tattooed guy there that caused a lot of bad feelings for a while with shooters. The guy must have been a real piece of work for them to still be talking about him.

Funny, I stopped in there last night before close to check it out and the lady in the booth was very friendly. She mentioned (without me prompting) that they had a tattooed guy there that caused a lot of bad feelings for a while with shooters. The guy must have been a real piece of work for them to still be talking about him.

The young lady manning the booth now is very nice. I ran into the old guy once, vowed never to go back till he was gone.

The other observation I had was at the short/pistol range on the left the RO was right in people's faces every minute. Maybe it was a lesson going on or something, not sure. Very nice guy, but that would get old fast.

A Vancouver cop chose to park right in front, sitting in his car observing everyone. Probably running plates, being anal. That was a sour note also.

I don't know what it is about English Pit other than the ridiculous range fees, but I get a very weird vibe from that place.

Ridiculous range fee? Just curious what are you paying elsewhere?

$16.50 for All day... I have used the range in the morning, left and then came back in the evening no extra charge. Get a frequent flyer card.. Seven paid visits and number eight is free.

We've been there 5+ times over the past year and every experience has been great. I appreciate the commitment to safety, and wouldn't go if I felt range rules were being ignored. They have recently added a "shed" at the top of that blasted hill with snacks and drinks, which is a nice touch. And did you know they have a pay for 7 visits get your 8th visit free card? Ask about it when you pay.

Kind of a big young guy, talks very loud all the time?

Talking loud is a favorable trait. Most people over the age of 29 that frequent gun ranges have some degree of hearing loss, already. lol.

When you put a pair of muffs and ear plugs on the average person, they are stone deaf to the world around anyway. lol

Aye, what did you say???

Talking loud is a favorable trait. Most people over the age of 29 that frequent gun ranges have some degree of hearing loss, already. lol.

When you put a pair of muffs and ear plugs on the average person, they are stone deaf to the world around anyway. lol

Aye, what did you say???

Tell me more about this...
I am sixty-seven and a combat veteran and only have a 20% use of the left ear and 45% in the right without the hearing aids, and he is still loud and clear to me with ear plugs or muffs. I am also a qualified RO and the guy is a distraction hazard as he rattles non stop and is not paying attention. I also shoot EP on an average of once a week.

I've started hitting public lands to shoot more often (East of Cougar, North of Washougal, and the Tumtum Mt area). I find it's a more enjoyable trip, especially when I can take whatever targets I want...melons, water jugs, and the occasional plastic pink flamingo (I hate pink flamingos). I still go to the English Pit when I have some reloads to test. I've never really had any major problems with the ROs...but I did have one brief run in with the tattooed jack@$$. I asked him if I was acting in an unsafe manner or violating any of the range rules. When he said no, I mentioned to him that his actions were putting the other shooters on edge and was just asking for an incident to happen. Then I turned my back on him and he never said another thing to me. Of course, it probably helps that I'm 6'4", 290lbs, and show that I'm a Marine Corps Vet. I guess standing up for myself...and standing up to him...intimidated him enough to leave me alone after that. It also helped that I was courteous to him, rather than going off half cocked.

I've started hitting public lands to shoot more often (East of Cougar, North of Washougal, and the Tumtum Mt area). I find it's a more enjoyable trip, especially when I can take whatever targets I want...melons, water jugs, and the occasional plastic pink flamingo (I hate pink flamingos). I still go to the English Pit when I have some reloads to test. I've never really had any major problems with the ROs...but I did have one brief run in with the tattooed jack@$$. I asked him if I was acting in an unsafe manner or violating any of the range rules. When he said no, I mentioned to him that his actions were putting the other shooters on edge and was just asking for an incident to happen. Then I turned my back on him and he never said another thing to me. Of course, it probably helps that I'm 6'4", 290lbs, and show that I'm a Marine Corps Vet. I guess standing up for myself...and standing up to him...intimidated him enough to leave me alone after that. It also helped that I was courteous to him, rather than going off half cocked.

That was Jeff and he has been gone for a long time. Now it is mostly family members only working the range.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top