JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went to English Pit with wifey on Monday. The range master was a very nice guy. He explained everything. We went down to 100yrd but I couldn't hit anything with my AR so I moved down to 25/50yrd to re-zero it. Everyone at the range was nice and friendly. One guy even let me have his spare targets because the optic on his PS90 was messed up so he couldn't zero it. The list their closing time to be at 4:30pm but they let everyone stay 'til 5:30 (sundown.) I haven't met the "tattoo" guy, but I will definitely go there again. It sure beats the **** out of driving down to "The Dump", especially in the winter.

Does the English Pit have covered areas to shoot from, or do you stand in the rain? Sorry, never have been there, just curious. The rain will never stop I guess. Don't want my .22 to get wet it might melt.

Covered... well covered, really.
went there for the first time on Friday. I'll be back, for sure. dude who works there is cool, keeps a good eye on what's going on.

put 60 rounds out of my 91/30 with it's steel stock pad and happily had super tight groupings on the 50 yard.
put 300 rounds out of my cz75... and not nearly enough out of my .357.

fun place with some nice people.

They just had a serious rate hike. Still not a bad value for being so close in and no annual dues but dang 18% for adult, 50% for kids and a whole lot less 'added value' like targets and bench rests.

The staff really is friendly and outgoing. You can tell they enjoy being there.

I only shoot every couple of months or so to stay current/comfortable with my primary CCW or sight in my rifle prior to hunting. I've only encountered one particularly anal/rough RO (some old guy who got pissed at somebody for sweeping up brass from OUTSIDE the enclosure while others were down range... really lame). I've always been courteous and they (including Mr. Tats) have always been courteous in return. I drive over from Gresham and will gladly continue to do so, even for $18.

Good place... I'd recommend it.

For those of you who had an unpleasant experience or actually got kicked out of the
English Pit for the least of infractions by a very "heavy handed" individual........he no
longer works there.

I first went there back in February and then again in April. Both times there was a middle aged guy working the booth and was the range master. Both times the guy was cool and very friendly. The price has gone up to $16.50 per day, but it's still the cheapest game in town. My favorite thing about the place...once your at the shooting stations the range conditions are shooter controlled. The thing I dislike the most about the place...the rifle range only goes out to 100yds. A 200yd range would be nice.

Going to be heading over to Vancouver so I'll check out the English Pit tonight hopefully if my other stops don't take too long.

Scratch that, didn't see they are only open until 6pm :(

I hear they have Wi-Fi now. Haven't been there since they added it

Yep! They put up an nice heated building with vending machines, microwave oven and tables, chairs and Wi-Fi as you say. Makes it real nice as it is a place to warm up when it is cooler weather. They also now have ammo and rental firearms, but you need to reserve in advance. Check the website as May has some group reserved times. Very friendly staff there at present.
I live a couple of miles south so it is my go to place.

Clark County Gun Club, Inc. at English Pit

$17.85 is still not bad vs joining a club or driving and paying gas.

The other change was - they charge for using bench rest devices , sand bags, and other items.

you think those kind of things "customers" could bring free/ cheap homade versions for comminuty use!! I sure would sand bags free/ cheap easy to do,
couple blocks wood nailed together some scrap carpet.. all free/ cheap id do it!

$17.85 is still not bad vs joining a club or driving and paying gas.

The other change was - they charge for using bench rest devices , sand bags, and other items.

They keep a spotting scope on each range and have quite a few carpeted firing blocks for general no charge use. I like the fact that admission is for the whole day and there has been a few times I have went out to eat lunch, go back and resume throw'n lead. All kinds of eatery's in the neighborhood. I do take my own spot scope and rest bags though.

Almost forgot they have a punch card. 7 paid visits and your 8th is free. Limited to ADULT range fee only.

Been there several times and never had a bad experience. RO's have always been helpfull. Even rented guns a few times.

They do keep an eye out for safety and will correct you if you don't clear the shooting areas when the range goes cold. But I haven't seen anyone thrown out.

If you go on a weekend they usually have someone at the check-in/monitoring booth as well as an RO at each range (pistol/rimfire, rifle). During the week it's much quieter and there is usually just one person on duty at the booth and is the RO as well.

What's nice is that you can bring your own ammo & targets. If you get your ammo on sale/internet then the range fee isn't a big deal compared to most indoor ranges where you have to but their ammo & targets at retail prices.

Only bad thing is that you can only shoot paper targets...would really like to be able to shoot steel, spinners, etc.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top