JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will be visiting there more often since Stevenson range is closing. Sucks i will be shooting paper instead of my AR500 steel plate. :(

You telling me there no public land up there for you guys to shoot at?

Bring up the satellite imaging on google maps of the area North of Washougal. On the map you'll see two strips of land going across the map for the power lines...there are some good areas up there to shoot. I go up there every now and again to shoot with my buddies. PM me for GPS coordinates if you are interested.

There are a few areas up the Washougal river road that are hidden treasures for shooting that I've found. Most of the areas that get a lot of traffic are terrible, I can't believe people leave so much garbage laying around! Especially when there's garbage bags already there. But I still try to make it up to the river road before I'll go to English pit.

All of this crap makes me miss the range back home. It costs $50 a year all outdoors, no range people there except the caretaker, and multiple ranges (tactical, rifle , Shotgun, pistol).

I keep telling folks here about the best kept secret in clark county.whoops,might be skamania county,and that is wolverton mt. gun club.
no ro's except at matches,shoot steel if u bring it,shoot trap if u bring it,3 covered ranges with benches,2 wood stoves,pop machine,and a microwave.
open gate,go shoot,close gate,go home.
3 buck range fee for members.5 bucks for guests.
free camping.

yes,it cost a bit to join,but we have payment options,and are in need of new members.

open to the public the 2nd sunday of every month.also,our matches are open to the public,and our bowling pin matches are a hoot !

<broken link removed>

Yeah, I shoot at English Pit quite a bit. Everybody is nice and polite except the jerk with all the tats. For some reason he always seems to have a bug up his butt. If he hates his job that much maybe he should work elsewhere.

It is a good range though. Well covered with spotting scopes available and ammo and targets if you didn't bring your own. They don't allow AR or AK pistols for some reason. and rapid firing is a big no-no. Other than that English Pit is a decent place to shoot close to Portland. Last time I was there it cost $16.50 to get in. Still pretty cheap.

Yeah, I shoot at English Pit quite a bit. Everybody is nice and polite except the jerk with all the tats. For some reason he always seems to have a bug up his butt. If he hates his job that much maybe he should work elsewhere.

It is a good range though. Well covered with spotting scopes available and ammo and targets if you didn't bring your own. They don't allow AR or AK pistols for some reason. and rapid firing is a big no-no. Other than that English Pit is a decent place to shoot close to Portland. Last time I was there it cost $16.50 to get in. Still pretty cheap.

Just to let everyone know....the guy with all of the tats has not been working at the range for over a year now - you will not find him at the range (nor at Brightwater Ventures either). I heard he moved back to sunny southern California.

Wow. I've only ever had the best of experiences there. Especially with the younger girl that works there. VERy nice and helpful (she really helped out with a new p938 I had purchased that was having a TON of FTF issues. It was the gun and I returned it (for an xd9sc that I've grown to love over almost every other gun I've tried). She grabbed some oil and offered to take a look at the gun. Whei was deciding on a carry 9, she let me take a look at quite a few they store there for rentals. She is also the one who suggested the XD9sc and even let me try one of the rentals and wouldn't let me pay her for the rental because she felt bad about my lemon 938 and just wanted to help.
The older gentleman who works there has always been very nice, too. I've never had anything less than a super pleasant exchange with either of them.
I generally like to shoot somewhere other than the range so I can practice drawing, change my targets without having to interrupt everybody, etc.. But, when I go to a range, I always drive from portland to go there because they've always been so nice.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top