JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For the 435 pit- a sign board maybe in one of the big pullouts close to the turn off other then right before the 90 degree turn down the goat trail, don't want a rock hauler plowing into your a$$ while your checking the board. This could work in other areas too that require long drives in on narrow roads that could save some gas and time 😎
Example/ - 2 lane pit -
If the pit is full…no placards hanging.
If the pit is empty…2 placards hanging
One group in …1 placard hanging, etc
It's a long drive in and it can be nasty after a good rain fall, plus there isn't much of any room to pull over to pass…especially if you have 2 full size rigs facing each other. I don't know what else you would be taking that spur for unless your heading to the pits so it could help with a monumental waste of time if it's busy down there… watchu tink? Truly, a brain fart burped up through the keyboard. I don't need no stinking placard, just thought it might help🤡

Cant stop folks from trashing the land, police their own brass, take home their targets, but you think those of that ilk are gonna take the time to mess with place cards and actually give a crap about others? That's Mr. Rodgers Sesame street stuff. It only tales one to not follow the rules to make a plan like that worthless. Honor systems require 100 % involvement, and "willing" adherence to work.
Nice thought though.
Maybe take a peek with a drone and hope no one shoots it down.

I like your style! Drones😎😎
Pipe dreams do exist…..in the mind🤣
Sometimes you just have to let the internet know what your thinking, crazy or not 🤘

I've gotten down into there when both sides were occupied. I've simply asked, "got room for one more?" and they obliged.

A bigger problem for me is that steep section about halfway in, where anus-brains spin their wheels and dig holes in the road. I have to creep along the ridges and some day that won't work.

I agree with @thorborg , they may flip the placard on the way in, but won't bother on the way out, (or vise-versa, or non of the above). Plus, who knows if anyone is there when you start to drive in? Should you flip the placard, or wait to see? Then would you bother to come back and make your mark? The others probably didn't bother flipping the sign in the first place.

Yep, that's a tough one to figure out. Hey, you could do an electronic billboard with a sensor to flip the sign when a car goes in, and flip it back when one goes out! Ha! Good luck with that!

(I went through that today as I drove to several places trying to find a place to shoot. Down many spurs just to find someone was already there. Wave, turn around and try again. Finally found a spot where a couple guys were about to leave. And I thought today, Superbowl day, would be slow on public land!)

I'm not a fan of shooting with people I don't know…. Very very few I meet out of town are as safe or as knowledgeable as I am and the couple times I've 'made room' some idiot sets up clay pigeons if front of big rock as targets and I find I'm leaving early all of a sudden.

Was nice when the city folk didn't know where the outdoor spots to shoot were and had to go to ranges with RSO's to keep them and everyone else safe.

:s0137:

I agree with @thorborg , they may flip the placard on the way in, but won't bother on the way out, (or vise-versa, or non of the above). Plus, who knows if anyone is there when you start to drive in? Should you flip the placard, or wait to see? Then would you bother to come back and make your mark? The others probably didn't bother flipping the sign in the first place.

Yep, that's a tough one to figure out. Hey, you could do an electronic billboard with a sensor to flip the sign when a car goes in, and flip it back when one goes out! Ha! Good luck with that!

(I went through that today as I drove to several places trying to find a place to shoot. Down many spurs just to find someone was already there. Wave, turn around and try again. Finally found a spot where a couple guys were about to leave. And I thought today, Superbowl day, would be slow on public land!)
I thought that also, wrong🤪 …was a busy day out there today, but I found some room and threw money at steel for a couple hours🤙🏼
Btw, thanks for being candid about this thread as it's purely out of boredom and randomness.

So don't use solid copper?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
This is cabin fever at its best! Stupid ideas that will go 13 pages, mark my words 😎🍻🤘🤙🏼 You are so welcome for the entertainment, much better then half time sh$t😘

LEZ'GO!!!!

It will never work. The DNR has shooting signs at the pits and the pea brains shot them all up.
Plus that old pull off just belosd the 435th Ave pit has a NO SHOOTING sign and they blocked it off with large tree stumps so there was no access to drive into this area.
So the same dumb peas for brains with their big 5x5 trucks pulled several of the stumps out of the barricade so people can gain access to that spot. They drive their quads and motorcycles up into the trail on the left side if that small area.
I have been shooting there for atleast ten years. When I first started going there the both pits were a sea of spent shotgun hulls and steel rifle and pistol cases. Every weekend I would clean them up.
It took years to get it some what exceptable. Then I organized clean up parties for three years now which made a huge impact on being clean, but the trash still continues to be left there by slob target shooers.
Last summer I picked up quite a few buckets of shotgun hulls in the NO SHOOTING AREA. Atleast fifteen buckets of them.
Believe me placards will not work. They will be targets with in the first few days.
The only thing that will work is for Mark Arneson the DNR manager for that area puts up another gate where you turn down into the road where you cut off the 18 Road and you can thank the pigs amoung us.

It will never work. The DNR has shooting signs at the pits and the pea brains shot them all up.
Plus that old pull off just belosd the 435th Ave pit has a NO SHOOTING sign and they blocked it off with large tree stumps so there was no access to drive into this area.
So the same dumb peas for brains with their big 5x5 trucks pulled several of the stumps out of the barricade so people can gain access to that spot. They drive their quads and motorcycles up into the trail on the left side if that small area.
I have been shooting there for atleast ten years. When I first started going there the both pits were a sea of spent shotgun hulls and steel rifle and pistol cases. Every weekend I would clean them up.
It took years to get it some what exceptable. Then I organized clean up parties for three years now which made a huge impact on being clean, but the trash still continues to be left there by slob target shooers.
Last summer I picked up quite a few buckets of shotgun hulls in the NO SHOOTING AREA. Atleast fifteen buckets of them.
Believe me placards will not work. They will be targets with in the first few days.
The only thing that will work is for Mark Arneson the DNR manager for that area puts up another gate where you turn down into the road where you cut off the 18 Road and you can thank the pigs amoung us.
Thank you for organizing the clean ups! They are needed…
If you've been following throughout this thread I've stated it was a pipe dream and a brain fart all at once regurgitated through the keyboard🤣… I know it will never work!
I did on the other hand pick enough brass along with my own till the ol' back didn't want to bend over any more… didn't look to bad out there this weekend, not that I made a significant dent. A little adds up, so even if it's a bag……it's a bag going out, instead of piling up. On to page 4!!!…

Thank you for organizing the clean ups! They are needed…
If you've been following throughout this thread I've stated it was a pipe dream and a brain fart all at once regurgitated through the keyboard🤣… I know it will never work!
I did on the other hand pick enough brass along with my own till the ol' back didn't want to bend over any more… didn't look to bad out there this weekend, not that I made a significant dent. A little adds up, so even if it's a bag……it's a bag going out, instead of piling up. On to page 4!!!…
They're leaving real brass out on the ranges these days? Just out of curiosity, what flavors?

They're leaving real brass out on the ranges these days? Just out of curiosity, what flavors?
Usually it's a lot of the Tula and Wolf left on the ground but this time saw a lot of small pistol and rifle brass. Unfortunately a lot of dope heads go to these pits to pick up brass and sell for cash, which can lead to some uncomfortable encounters. Imagine a beat up sedan full of hoodies driving in to your spot and then just sitting there waiting for you to leave…. Hmmm

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top