JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is Theresa... She is a knowledgeable shooter and a good RO.

She was there a couple weeks ago when I went. Nice young lady and knew what she was doing. My trip was kind of a bust though, I took a 9 and 45 to shoot and sight in the Crimson Trace LaserGuards. The 45 was close, the 9 was way off. Reached in my pocket for the small allen wrenches needed and found I had the super small ones for the laser grip on my .44 Bulldog. Too small for the lasers I had with me. Only shot about 75 rds with each.

They used to keep a few small scope related tools in the shack.

I keep a small set of Chapman's, a Magna driver set and firearm size standard and metric allens in the range bag. The one time you need something you do not have it!
Today I dug my CT box out and put one of the larger allen wrenches in my vest pocket, now I have both sizes I need. Now I'll probably lose both of them!!
Yep, I also carry a few tools with me in my range bags (yep, plural), just not those small allen wrenches!!

Mr Tat hangs out at brightwater ventures occasionally and is a world class A-hole. i will not be going back to english pit. but then again....they dont really give a f*!k or else they would not have captain roid rage working there. rather shoot at larch....and that aint sayin much

Funny, I stopped in there last night before close to check it out and the lady in the booth was very friendly. She mentioned (without me prompting) that they had a tattooed guy there that caused a lot of bad feelings for a while with shooters. The guy must have been a real piece of work for them to still be talking about him.

Funny, I stopped in there last night before close to check it out and the lady in the booth was very friendly. She mentioned (without me prompting) that they had a tattooed guy there that caused a lot of bad feelings for a while with shooters. The guy must have been a real piece of work for them to still be talking about him.

The young lady manning the booth now is very nice. I ran into the old guy once, vowed never to go back till he was gone.

The other observation I had was at the short/pistol range on the left the RO was right in people's faces every minute. Maybe it was a lesson going on or something, not sure. Very nice guy, but that would get old fast.

A Vancouver cop chose to park right in front, sitting in his car observing everyone. Probably running plates, being anal. That was a sour note also.

I don't know what it is about English Pit other than the ridiculous range fees, but I get a very weird vibe from that place.

Ridiculous range fee? Just curious what are you paying elsewhere?

$16.50 for All day... I have used the range in the morning, left and then came back in the evening no extra charge. Get a frequent flyer card.. Seven paid visits and number eight is free.

We've been there 5+ times over the past year and every experience has been great. I appreciate the commitment to safety, and wouldn't go if I felt range rules were being ignored. They have recently added a "shed" at the top of that blasted hill with snacks and drinks, which is a nice touch. And did you know they have a pay for 7 visits get your 8th visit free card? Ask about it when you pay.

Kind of a big young guy, talks very loud all the time?

Talking loud is a favorable trait. Most people over the age of 29 that frequent gun ranges have some degree of hearing loss, already. lol.

When you put a pair of muffs and ear plugs on the average person, they are stone deaf to the world around anyway. lol

Aye, what did you say???

Talking loud is a favorable trait. Most people over the age of 29 that frequent gun ranges have some degree of hearing loss, already. lol.

When you put a pair of muffs and ear plugs on the average person, they are stone deaf to the world around anyway. lol

Aye, what did you say???

Tell me more about this...
I am sixty-seven and a combat veteran and only have a 20% use of the left ear and 45% in the right without the hearing aids, and he is still loud and clear to me with ear plugs or muffs. I am also a qualified RO and the guy is a distraction hazard as he rattles non stop and is not paying attention. I also shoot EP on an average of once a week.

I've started hitting public lands to shoot more often (East of Cougar, North of Washougal, and the Tumtum Mt area). I find it's a more enjoyable trip, especially when I can take whatever targets I want...melons, water jugs, and the occasional plastic pink flamingo (I hate pink flamingos). I still go to the English Pit when I have some reloads to test. I've never really had any major problems with the ROs...but I did have one brief run in with the tattooed jack@$$. I asked him if I was acting in an unsafe manner or violating any of the range rules. When he said no, I mentioned to him that his actions were putting the other shooters on edge and was just asking for an incident to happen. Then I turned my back on him and he never said another thing to me. Of course, it probably helps that I'm 6'4", 290lbs, and show that I'm a Marine Corps Vet. I guess standing up for myself...and standing up to him...intimidated him enough to leave me alone after that. It also helped that I was courteous to him, rather than going off half cocked.

I've started hitting public lands to shoot more often (East of Cougar, North of Washougal, and the Tumtum Mt area). I find it's a more enjoyable trip, especially when I can take whatever targets I want...melons, water jugs, and the occasional plastic pink flamingo (I hate pink flamingos). I still go to the English Pit when I have some reloads to test. I've never really had any major problems with the ROs...but I did have one brief run in with the tattooed jack@$$. I asked him if I was acting in an unsafe manner or violating any of the range rules. When he said no, I mentioned to him that his actions were putting the other shooters on edge and was just asking for an incident to happen. Then I turned my back on him and he never said another thing to me. Of course, it probably helps that I'm 6'4", 290lbs, and show that I'm a Marine Corps Vet. I guess standing up for myself...and standing up to him...intimidated him enough to leave me alone after that. It also helped that I was courteous to him, rather than going off half cocked.

That was Jeff and he has been gone for a long time. Now it is mostly family members only working the range.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top